I do believe people should make their own opinion but please read my review. My friend and I both in our late 40's went on holiday to this hotel, It was the second time at the same hotel, 3 years ago it was everything we wanted for our short vacation, NOT this time. We arrived about 3:30pm at the hotel the girl on the reception put her hand out and said passport, NO eye contact NO hello or a smile, we handed them over, she them started to talk about the restaurant times unfortunately I was struggling to under stand what she was saying to us that I said one moment I'm sorry I don't understand what was being said, we'll she did not like that and just handed the leaflet to us, when I eventually wanted to read the leaflet it was in German and not English. We got our key went up the lift not too sure if we were on the right level as the numbers in the lift did not light up and there was no sign when the lifts opened to say what level we were on. We unlocked the door and the room was nothing I requested (sea view), I went back down stairs with my conformation email saying I requested a sea view again the same girl said we would have to pay 30euro (maybe 20euro struggled to understand) per night I asked if there was one available she replied yes, I asked could I not have it since I did request one, she said I would have to pay Grrrr. Went back to our room left the bags as we were hungry. Down at the restaurant there was snack as we missed lunch fair enough, chips nuggets, burger, fish balls, lettuce, tomato and crusty bead. As we were so hungry we took what we needed sat down as my friend needed to take medication with water/juice. We asked the lady who was going about for some she said “no drinks, up stairs”. We were so shocked 4 star and nothing to drink juice tea or coffee. I asked her again if she could have water and again “no up stairs”, fine we ate little as we both very thirsty. We went up stairs produced our 2 all-inclusive tickets ans ordered two drinks, we couldn't have drinks as were have to give them the two green cards that come with your other card as they get you a glass, YES you need a green card to get a glass and at the end of the day you take your glass back and they give you your green card for the next day.
Now I'll try food when away as it is always good as the hotel previously has been of a good standard I was so shocked as to what was on offer. The chips were cold (every day and went at different times) I got potato HOWEVER they were always served in carrots and Brussels sprouts. None of the staff said hello or made eye contact we felt a little uneasy by this every day.
If theses staff were mine they would be sacked, if I owned the hotel the managers would be sacked. It has nothing to do with what star rating, being polite to customers is top of the list, cant say hello even in your on language smile make eye contact something to make me want to come back.
***Jordi in the bar and Segi outside were polite helpful and if you take time to watch very professional in their duties
2 Euros for a fridge in your room is extra, I didn't know this I was told by another guest.
20 Euros deposit to have the remote control for the TV, YEP you cant watch TV in a 4 star hotel without putting 20euris down as deposit. Our room was very clean
We went to the hotel next door Mar Mediterrania to have a look around the staff were everything I want from a 4 star hotel as were the rooms, next year we are booking at the hotel next door, Mar Mediterrania
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 4-star H•TOP Royal Sun hotel sits on the seafront promenade in the peaceful tourist village of Santa Susanna in Costa del Maresme-Barcelona, overlooking a beautiful beach. Positioned really close to the train station, bars, restaurants and shops, it is perfect for singles, couples and families. The 217-room offer a wonderful sea view and many onsite facilities, such as a Beach Restaurant only for clients and discounts in the Sand Beach Club situated just in front. It is situated 70 Km from Barcelona – El Prat Airport and 30 Km from Girona Airport. Santa Susanna is a family tourist destination with an impressive long sand beach and a selection of shops, bars and restaurants. Santa Susanna sits between the popular beach villages of Calella & Lloret de Mar, with an easy access by train to Barcelona city center. Clients from H•TOP Royal Sun have an exclusive burger-bar by the beach and can visit Sand Beach Club which offers sun beds and parasols with special rates for clients with All-Inclusive service. FACILITIES Rooms • Restaurant • Bar • Swimming pools ( one for adults and one for children; unsupervised pools ) • Sun terraces Children • Playground • Baby cots and chairs Staff • 24 hour Front Desk services • Multilingual staff • Housekeeping • Tour desk Others • Currency exchange • Car hire* • Fax & copy service • Medical service • Air-conditioning • Heating • Safe boxes (in each room)* • Wi-Fi* • TV • Luggage storage (coin lockers) • Showers for check-out • Lifts • Bikes & quadricycles* • Discounts Sand Beach Club *Some of these services are extra or require a deposit (ask at the Hotel) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia and Travelocity so you can book your H.TOP Royal Sun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Htop Royal Sun Hotel Santa Susana
- h Top Royal Sun
- Htop Royal Sun Santa Susana