“Avoid this hotel if you want a nice holiday”
Review of H.TOP Royal Sun

H.TOP Royal Sun
Ranked #13 of 21 Hotels in Santa Susanna
“Avoid this hotel if you want a nice holiday”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

To start with I don't
Normally moan about nothin but this hotel is horrendous! We arrived after booking a family room as myself and my partner was travaling with 3 children on arrival we was told they don't even have family rooms just standard double's so we ended up with 4 singles and a cot crammed into a tiny space! The room was covered with ants the heating didnt work the phone didnt work and when it rained it came in running down the inside of the windows! We paid for wi-fi which also didn't work! The staff were very unhelpful and basically told us to get on with it! The lifts are diabolical very slow and we also got trapped in one witch upset my children! The all inclusive is terrible we was only allowed one small plastic beaker to use and if you forgot to take it back to the bar even if you have Qued for over half hour you are turned away bar staff are very rude and very slow! There was also a new hotel being built right next door so very loud all day every day (even Sunday) this 4* hotel should be a rated as a 1-2* we shall NEVER be returning again and would advise every one to avoid!!

• Stayed April 2013
3 Thank Astra0

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (267)
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 28, 2013

stayed from 18th to 25th april 2013 i must say this hotel stay was realy nice and i would go back,
the hotel has a policy of giving you two cards one you give to the bar tender and the other you use to get your drink, then you take your empty glass back and get a fresh glass and drink, you are ment to only get one drink per card, but i never had any problems getting more than one drink as long as you had the extra glass,

we found the food to be reasonabley well,
the rooms were ok except the walls are very thin as you can hear some talking even if they are quiet,

remember you can use all other h top hotels in cost brava for lunch and drinks, and the train is realy cheap,

my only problem is the french people who i have never had problems with in the past, could be they were O.A.P.S but they just barge past you then expect you to move for them,

they don't have a spa or fitness center

Room Tip: get a pool view and if you see a spare glass keep it then you can get two drinks with just one card
3 Thank boss4262
Reviewed April 25, 2013 via mobile

I arrived at this hotel at 11pm at night, just me and my sister. When we got to the hotel the guy at reception advised me that the hotel had made a mistake and that even though my paperwork clearly stated I was to stay at the royal sun, this guy told me I was booked into the royal sun suits! He told me "this no different, you go there" . I explained I am very poorly and virtually unable to walk and I am clostrophobic the for I could not stay at the royal sun as there pool was on the roof and I would not be able to get to it, hence booking the royal sun not the sun suits.
The reception guy shook his head at me and told me to "go now". I asked if he could get me to the other hotel? His reply was " no no you walk, I very busy, you go now".
I was completely appalled, I had to walk across town, under railway bridges with no idea where I was going at nearly midnight in a strange place and had to stop every 2 min due to the pain of walking.
WILL NEVER VISIT HTOP AGAIN!!!!!!

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank MichelleRush

Travelers are raving about these Santa Susanna hotels

Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Just arrive back from this hotel. Charged 99 cents per person a night tourist tax. The room was facing FERGUS Mar Mediterrania hotel that is presently being refurbished and was noisy between 7am - 10pm.

Room Tip: Ask for room facing swimming pool.
Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 22, 2013

We had a most enjoyable stay at this hotel. The restaurant staff were frankly superb. I have Coeliac Disease and require a gluten free diet, this usually means I have a very restricted diet when on holiday but I mentioned it on my booking form and they really went out of their way to provide me with specially prepared meals, gluten free bread, cakes, pasta and croissants. I have never been so well looked after and the general buffet food was also excellent.

In all, we were very impressed with this hotel. It was a little noisy from a building site next door but it looked like the major works were almost finished, we still had a sea view and it didn't disturb us.

The season was just starting when we went and weather was pretty naff. We couldn't sit by the beach or the pool and didn't find an awful lot to do in Santa Suzanna but the hotel staff helped us to arrange train trips to Barcelona and nearby towns. The trains are regular and reasonably priced so in high summer there should be plenty of things to do.

1 Thank Kimogen
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 19, 2013

We booked this short break as a last minute trip to celebrate my husbands birthday. The hotel had a 1970's retro feel and evidently needed updating. Our room was dated but clean and had a lovely view of the sea and beach, which was pleasant. The fact that the hotel is right on the beach is great. The hotel I would rate as a 2 star and definitely not a 4, but with respect we didn't pay a lot of money to stay there. The food was average and what you would expect from an all inclusive hotel of this standard. The cocktails were great and cocktails not included in the 'all inclusive' were reasonably priced. The bar area was a little small for the amount of guests staying although we managed to get a seat each evening. The general atmosphere of the hotel was friendly and the staff were helpful and polite. The local train station was 5 minute walk from the hotel and is a pleasant hour's journey to Barcelona. Santa Susanna is a pleasant place to spend a few days and the hotel is fine for the amount of money we paid. I do feel the same as other reviewers that if you are expecting a 4 star you will be disappointed, however if you are realistic about what you paid for your break then you should have an enjoyable stay.

1 Thank debbiejo74
cardiff
Reviewed April 19, 2013 via mobile

Myself daughter and grand daughter have just returned from a week at this hotel.
We had a fantastic time.
We went all inclusive, there was a good variety at meal times.
It is right on the beach and very beautiful scenery.
A minority of the reception staff are miserable but most off them were lovely the bar staff and house cleaners are friendly, but the best staff are the waiters and waitresses in the restaurant are lovely always pleasant and kind.
But best of all we had lovely sunny weather.
There's lots to do out of the hotel to.

• Stayed April 2013