I booked this all inclusive holiday last minute for me and my boyfriend both 19 years old because it was cheap and cheerful with a gorgeous view of the beach. I did look at the reviews but they were mixed. As we entered the 4* hotel reception gave us a 14 euro bill for tourist tax which we thought was naughty of them as we already paid for the hotel through onthebeach.com. We also rented out a safe which was 38 euros as we overheard a couple mentioning her bag got pinched in the hotel. The rooms were clean and tidy I couldn't say a bad word as the cleaners were wonderful. The food was standard, chips everyday and the snacks were left overs. The staff couldn't speak much English which was frustrating. The bar staff were very grumpy and made us feel awkward apart from one young man who was always singing and dancing behind the bar, also there was a big notice on the bar saying 'If you exceed your card limit, your card will be taken off you' this hotel had silly rules considering it was suppose to be all inclusive. You could only get one drink per a card and we had another card which we hat to hand in to get a glass and once you returned your glass you get your card back, it was so confusing. We took a trip to a hotel down the road which was called 'Onabrava hotel 4*' it was gorgeous, the staff were very helpful and we had an amazing time in the spa which was only 5 euros. Beware they are building another hotel next door to H.Top Royal Sun which thankfully we didn't hear them building but a couple we met couldn't get any sleep as they are working 24/7. We didn't have amazing weather as it was raining most of the time and the spanish were wrapped up in thermals.l I wouldn't come back to this hotel and I don't see why most couples/families go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 4-star H•TOP Royal Sun hotel sits on the seafront promenade in the peaceful tourist village of Santa Susanna in Costa del Maresme-Barcelona, overlooking a beautiful beach. Positioned really close to the train station, bars, restaurants and shops, it is perfect for singles, couples and families. The 217-room offer a wonderful sea view and many onsite facilities, such as a Beach Restaurant only for clients and discounts in the Sand Beach Club situated just in front. It is situated 70 Km from Barcelona – El Prat Airport and 30 Km from Girona Airport. Santa Susanna is a family tourist destination with an impressive long sand beach and a selection of shops, bars and restaurants. Santa Susanna sits between the popular beach villages of Calella & Lloret de Mar, with an easy access by train to Barcelona city center. Clients from H•TOP Royal Sun have an exclusive burger-bar by the beach and can visit Sand Beach Club which offers sun beds and parasols with special rates for clients with All-Inclusive service. FACILITIES Rooms • Restaurant • Bar • Swimming pools ( one for adults and one for children; unsupervised pools ) • Sun terraces Children • Playground • Baby cots and chairs Staff • 24 hour Front Desk services • Multilingual staff • Housekeeping • Tour desk Others • Currency exchange • Car hire* • Fax & copy service • Medical service • Air-conditioning • Heating • Safe boxes (in each room)* • Wi-Fi* • TV • Luggage storage (coin lockers) • Showers for check-out • Lifts • Bikes & quadricycles* • Discounts Sand Beach Club *Some of these services are extra or require a deposit (ask at the Hotel) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your H.TOP Royal Sun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Htop Royal Sun Hotel Santa Susana
- h Top Royal Sun
- Htop Royal Sun Santa Susana