This is a 2 star hotel located in a tiny beautiful sea village in Costa Brava. The only good thing about the hotel are the views. The hotel is a family business but very badly run. The owners focus their efforts on the restaurant while neglecting the hotel. Four examples:
- It is impossible to take a shower after 9pm, since the hot water works with solar panels. But nobody tells you that, so you discover it once you are inside the shower. The funny thing is that in the morning there was no hot water either (it was only slightly warm). When we complained to the receptionist, he told us "well, the hotel guide in your room advises about the water". So now we need to read a book before taking a shower....
- Our room was very cold (November) and the heating was not turned on. We asked the recepcionist to turn it on and the manager told her "yes, but only a little bit". That was shocking for us, taking into account that the reception was pleasantly warm. After a while they turned it off again, and our room kept cold for the rest of the night. I asked them to keep the heating on, but they never did that.
- The room was narrow, the furniture was uncomfortable (mattresses are horrible) and the telephone was not working, so every time we had to communicate with reception, we had to go downstairs. [We attach a picture of the room]
- We had made a booking for the restaurant at 9.30 pm. Even though this is an expensive restaurant (about 70 EUR per person), we were asked to wait about 12 minutes before we got our table. Also, once dinning, the couple next to us had finished their dinner and was having coffee when the maitre told them to leave "when they were ready, no rush" in order to make room for other people.
We have been in a 4star hotel in the centre of Madrid for 8 euros more than we have paid for this 2 star hotel. Owners of the Casamar are unpleasant and they treat you as they were making you a favor. Prices correspond to a 3 star hotel, but this is a 2 star hotel deserving only 1star.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Casamar Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.