All reviewscycling holidaybreadlovely hotelhotel guestscosta bravaset menuexcellent locationsun terracethe menu del diaterrace facingrooms were spotlessroom bathrooman aperitifbeach towelsreception deskseaside townrestaurant downstairs
Reviewed November 27, 2009

This was a good hotel in a lovely village. The room and bathroom was spotlessly clean. Despite booking and paying for a single room, I was allocated a double. The wonderful sound of the tide could be heard from my room facing the seafront.
Breakfast was a bit pricey but varied and abundant. While visiting slightly off season, my fellow guests were friendly multi-generational groups of familiies. Great sized balcony.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled solo
An Agoda Traveler
Reviewed September 21, 2009

• Stayed: September 2009
Reviewed August 20, 2009

We came to Llafranc--a favorite destination--after I had sustained a significant leg inqury. I had seriously torn a muscle and was on loftstrand crutches. (Touring Spain with a handicap is a whole other story.) Recognizing my needs, the staff at Terramar were particularly helpful. The sand at the beach there is particularly fluffy compared to other beaches where it can pack to a very hard surface; so my foot would hyperflex and it was painful and hard to keep my balance in the surf. But when I was tired I could retire to a comfortable room and get there from a working elevator. All of this was important to us at the time. The pace and the staff and the pleasant food all fit into the comfortable sphere of Llafranc. On previous trips, I have enjoyed the walk from Llafrance to the beach at Palafrugell. While it seemed that there were many from the UK and Germany there, and most staff seemed to communicate easily in English, the town overall feels like a place where Catalans go to spend their holidays.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 21, 2009

Booked this hotel as it was the cheapest available with AC in Llafranc or Calella de P. Got a nice room facing an inner yard so not so exiciting view but very quiet which is most important for me. Good AC that was not too noisy. Didn't take the breakfast as it was rather expensive and we had a fridge in our room. Got yoghurt and crackers instead from the supermarket and had cosy breakfast in bead and then went out for a coffe on the small square. Very nice staff that were always very friendly. Nice location just by the beach. In all a very nice experience with a charming and quiet village. Would consider to return. Nice hike up to the El Far where we had piquenique. Free WiFi.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MJC76
Reviewed December 17, 2008

I enjoyed staying at this small seafront hotel. The staff were very welcoming and friendly. The rooms were perfectly adequate for our one night stay. They had much the same amenities as you would find in some 4* hotels I have stayed at in the UK. Tea/coffee making facilities, toiletries, DD telephone and TV (it even had UK channels on it - great for catching up on the news first thing in the morning thanks to "Auntie". the location is fantastic and although we had rooms at the front of the hotel with balconies, the noise was not too intrusive. There are many restaurants along the promenade to chose from, but we chose to eat in. Because we were guests of the hotel, we were given a complimentary glass of wine which was a nice touch. The food was well prepared and served by friendly staff. I felt very safe walking along the beach on my own after our late meal and locals were friendly and acknowledged me without making me feel uncomfortable. The only issue I had was the price of breakfast. We decided to go to a croissant shop closeby and had a lovely cheap breakfast. If I go to Llafranc again I would like to stay there again. (I work at a large 4* city centre hotel so can be quite picky!)

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with family