Having never been to Tenerife we were unsure what to expect.
We were not disappointed.
The accommodation, facilities, climate, food, scenery were all very good.
Our accommodation was slightly dated but clean, well maintained and well equipped.
Some of the accommodation is undergoing upgrading.
We stayed in a 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom apartment.
It was never a problem to obtain sunbeds. The pool area was clean with plenty of space around.
Although we were under the airport flightpath it did not affect us at all.
We hired a car and did find this very useful as it was quite a walk from the local shops and restaurants, mostly uphill on the way back!
There is a small supermarket on site and as you would expect it is more expensive than those in town. We used the Netto in San Blas.
There is a pool bar serving food and also a restaurant on site although this was closed for half of our stay as the owners were on holiday.
There were some good restaurants in San Blas, plenty of choice.
We particularly liked 'Electra' on the main street, a little higher up than Netto.
On the road into San Blas we found another restaurant/tapas bar called 'Dabda' - unusual name but excellent food. The tapas,salads and cakes were superb. They also served good coffees!
Pity we didn't discover this until the last day! However we still managed 2 visits!
All in all a very good relaxing week and we would certainly consider returning to the same place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set against rising hills amid the greens of the challenging Golf del Sur course, Royal Tenerife Country Club is a resort designed with relaxation in mind.The furnished accommodations boast sumptuous marble bathrooms and beautifully outfitted kitchens. Outside there are attractive, subtropical gardens, but the focal point of Royal Tenerife Country Club is its large and beautifully landscaped swimming pool.Out and about you will find that a relaxed atmosphere pervades, while the fish restaurants in the nearby village of Los Abrigos are simply too good to ignore. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Royal Tenerife Country Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Tenerife Country Club Hotel San Miguel De Abona
- Royal Tenerife Country Club Spain