If it wasn't for the excellent Concierge, who was quite the best staff member we have found in over 30 years of using "time share" resorts, then one star would have been appropriate!
OK, the site looks good, and I'm sure many of the apartments were excellent, but when reviewing, you can only go on your own experiences and our 2-bedroom apartment was . . . . . not good. It really is hard to find good words to say.
For a start, unusually, there is no parking on the resort itself (unless you book in advance and pay for it!); the 'free' parking is easy to find but is a few hundred yards away and down a fairly steep hill! Added to that, there was a further 5+ minute walk to our allocated apartment so from the car to the 'unit' was almost 15 minutes - a long way to carry the shopping!
The unit itself was "unusual". The main bathroom had a glass wall as did the 2nd (twin) bedroom so you could lie in bed and watch 'activity' in the bathroom; there was, of course, a blind in each room but it raises the question "why?".
Another why was the main room which had an area with a fireplace (not useable) that separated the bathroom from bedroom 2: this area appeared to have no use or value! The next "Why?" was the barbeque built inside the dining room, which was a conservatory/extension to the main room; obviously, you can't light a charcoal BBQ indoors . . . .
The kitchen was small but adequately provided and the lounge was as good as we have come to expect from Diamond Resorts: spacious and comfortable.
But why (again) was there a corridor linking the kitchen to the conservatory though? Another pointless waste of space.
The extension unfortunately took up a large part of the rear patio, leaving just enough room for a table, 4 chairs and 2 sun beds - only just! Mind you, it wasn't an area one was encouraged to use as a track passed right by the short, back wall and across the track was the golf course. You HAVE to enjoy golf & golfers to stay here as there was a constant stream of golfers walking past and looking down on the patio all day, starting with the early morning grass cutting!
So, disappointed is the word we would use for this resort; if it had not been for the excellent work of our exceptionally friendly "Concierge" then I'd be hard pressed to give them one star!
NB: we were told that the resort was undergoing an upgrade so maybe, just maybe, our unit was scheduled . . . . . but the outlook from the rear could not be improved!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set against rising hills amid the greens of the challenging Golf del Sur course, Royal Tenerife Country Club is a resort designed with relaxation in mind.The furnished accommodations boast sumptuous marble bathrooms and beautifully outfitted kitchens. Outside there are attractive, subtropical gardens, but the focal point of Royal Tenerife Country Club is its large and beautifully landscaped swimming pool.Out and about you will find that a relaxed atmosphere pervades, while the fish restaurants in the nearby village of Los Abrigos are simply too good to ignore. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and Hotwire so you can book your Royal Tenerife Country Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Tenerife Country Club Hotel San Miguel De Abona
- Royal Tenerife Country Club Spain