We stayed here for 2 weeks in February and early March this year and really enjoyed our stay. Our first floor apartment was spacious and incredibly private, not overlooked at all, even though we had next door neighbours in residence. The resort is lovely and quiet, and although the planes are noisy and low during the day they don't fly at night, and don't spoil the peace too much.
It is a bit irritating as someone else mentioned that you can only plug one appliance in at one time, as there is only a single socket in the kitchen, maybe think about providing a double adapter?
The staff work so hard to keep everything imaculately clean and the apartment was spotless. However, on reading Diamond Resorts blurb on how they pride themselves on their "Green Credentials" it's a bit surprising that they do no recycling of glass/paper/plastic. Everything is just thrown in together. Also, towels are changed far too frequently, why not just ask those who require clean towels to leave them in a pile by the door or in the bath? Ours seemed to be changed practically everyday, even when they had not even been used.
If I had to pick out one member of staff for their helpfulness, it would be Pablo on reception, nothing was too much trouble for him, our t.v was not tuned in to the British Channels and he imediately arranged for it to be done. His restaurant recommendations were also spot on. Quite frankly he could work for any 5 Star Hotel in London.
RTCC is a lovely resort and I would definitely recommend it to anyone wanting a quiet relaxing holiday in the sun.
It is also nice to have Cafe Med on your doorstep, as their food is lovely and it's good to have somewhere close to eat if you don't feel like walking down to San Blas or Los Abrigos. Having said that, even though we didn't have a car we didn't mind, as it's only a 20 min walk to San Blas and 30 mins or so to Los Abrigos, and you can always get a taxi back if neccessary.
If you want to have a good supermarket shop when you arrive, definitely go to Mercadona at Las Chafiros, you can walk there (30 mins), Reception will point you in the right direction, and you can get a cab back. It's got a good fresh fish counter, as well as being cheap and worth stocking up for the rest of your holiday. The supermarket in San Blas is good too, better than having to face the miseries who run the minimart at RTCC.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set against rising hills amid the greens of the challenging Golf del Sur course, Royal Tenerife Country Club is a resort designed with relaxation in mind.The furnished accommodations boast sumptuous marble bathrooms and beautifully outfitted kitchens. Outside there are attractive, subtropical gardens, but the focal point of Royal Tenerife Country Club is its large and beautifully landscaped swimming pool.Out and about you will find that a relaxed atmosphere pervades, while the fish restaurants in the nearby village of Los Abrigos are simply too good to ignore. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Royal Tenerife Country Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Tenerife Country Club Hotel San Miguel De Abona
- Royal Tenerife Country Club Spain