Spent a week here in early January, little hard to find, at end of new one way system, had asked for parking but it was full so had to park a couple of minutes walk away in the public car park of the golfing down the road. We got 2 bed ground floor apartment 38 down along from the pool with a large garden, but north facing so with the cool wind and in the shade we really didnt use it for our stay but went to the pool side instead. With two kids there was enough to do, play areas inside and outside, a heated outdoor pool and a big enough apartment to run around in. One negative would be the flights, it is in the final landing path for TFS airport and they are quite loud, but are mostly over day, so after 11pm and before 7am there arent that many flights, although there seemed to be extra ones on Friday night which woke us.
Overally friendly staff, was told that as renter (rather than owner) could only use the 4 pieces of gym equipment but the insurance didnt cover use of the hottub/jacuzzi or steam room which was a bit odd. The free wifi in the reception area was ok but very flaky at times, being completely offline some evenings. This time of year good to rent a car as its a bit out of the way and having a car means when its a bit cloudy in the resort you can drive west to Los Cristianos or Playa de las Americas, or East to some spots along the coast for for a interesting and stunning drive head up to El Teide about an hour away We did find that the entry road was very busy almost all through the day so expect delays but that might just have been a post christmas issue.
Over all can recommend for families and older couples, maybe a bit quiet for young thrill seekers!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set against rising hills amid the greens of the challenging Golf del Sur course, Royal Tenerife Country Club is a resort designed with relaxation in mind.The furnished accommodations boast sumptuous marble bathrooms and beautifully outfitted kitchens. Outside there are attractive, subtropical gardens, but the focal point of Royal Tenerife Country Club is its large and beautifully landscaped swimming pool.Out and about you will find that a relaxed atmosphere pervades, while the fish restaurants in the nearby village of Los Abrigos are simply too good to ignore. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Royal Tenerife Country Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Tenerife Country Club Hotel San Miguel De Abona
- Royal Tenerife Country Club Spain