“Family”

Muthu Royal Park Albatros
Dusseldorf, Germany
“Family”
Reviewed July 6, 2012

Very good option for families.
Excellent services at a very good price.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank danidacila

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (204)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Haverhill, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 5, 2012

After reading mixed reviews we didnt know what to expect.

Me and my husband stayed here for 6 nights on 20th June. We were amazed at how big our apartment was and had everything you need. Staff were helpful and friendly.

When we arrived we were asked if we wanted to upgrade for extra euros (cant remember how much) for a pool view, we didnt as this didnt bother us, however we hada lovely veiw of the garden with trees etc.. it was only one block away from the pool area. There are lifts in each block however be warned there are lots of steps everywhere and is not suitable if you have a wheelchair or can not manage steps. I only just managed them with help from my husband.

The hotel is very secure and you have a seperate key for the gates as they are locked at all times. In our apartment we had ceiling fans which did the job same as air conditioning. The rooms were cleaned every other day or so with clean towels and sheets.

The restuarant was nice however we were half board and you only had limited choice from the half board menu only not the main menu (charged for this) If we were to go back we would go B&B. The breakfast was also good with lots of choices.
There are plenty of supermarkets, we found the best one in san blas as it had fresh fruit and veg in with a good range of food and drink to buy. Beware they do charge for a carrier bag.

Whilst we were here it was my husbands birthday (we did not inform the hotel off this) but to our surprise we had a bottle of champane waiting for us in the room which was a lovely touch. They must have noticed it on his passport or booking. but it was nice thought.

We were not hassled by anyone trying to sell us timeshares at all and found the guy who worked for pletchy to be very helpful in giving us travel advice.

The planes were not an issue as they fly pass the hotel not directly over and its only a few times of the day and at night its very quiet.

We did hire a car and found it very easy to drive, the hotel was only 10mins away from the airport and has its own parking. The signposts around tenerife were very good and easy to understand. Driving up and around mount teide is a challenege on its own!

We also found that most large towns are disabled friendly which is great if you have a blue badge as you can use this there.
If you are disabled the airport is fab as they could not do enough for us.

Overall we liked this hotel and had a lovely holiday only thing is we wish we went for longer!

Room Tip: I wouldnt pay for upgrade if you dont have to but if you like full sun then pool view blocks is plac...
13 Thank trishawynn32
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 2, 2012

got back from RPA last week, very sceptical about the place due to recent reviews, there was 10 of us in 3 apartments, each apartment was as good as the other, the staff are fab, especially Kat, who organises the outdoor entertainment and also runs the kiddies club. the food and the hotel was supberb, food and drink was reasonably priced, ice-cream 1 euro. large beer 2 euros, food was escellent value for money.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank cath v
, Social Media Supervisor at Muthu Royal Park Albatros, responded to this review, July 6, 2012
Many thanks for your kind review. Your comments are most appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Royal Park Albatross.
Northern Ireland
Reviewed July 2, 2012

Before leaving for my 1st TENERIFE experience , I checked out some recent postings and after 11 days in THE ROYAL PARK ALBATROSS , I can only conclude that any of my fellow travellers who posted a rating of less than 4 where either A. Very Unlucky ; B Very Hard To Please or C Have Gotten Confused and ACTUALLY STAYED SOMEWHERE ELSE........ I would find it inexplicable after my truly enjoyable experience how a rating of less than 4 could be left by anybody , who wasnt one of the above . Yes ( as one reviewer pointed out ) there was no guide to take you to your apartment but is hardly the most massive complex and is well sign posted .Judging by the immediate and helpful responses I was to receive during my stay , I feel sure that a guide would have appeared , had I asked for one. I was also fortunate , in that , I had requested Air Conditioning ( following my experience , as documented in a previous review, of last summers Majorca holiday ) and was accommodated without a whimper of discontent. This theme was to continue throughout my stay and I always found the staff more than willing to comply with even the most menial request complete with refreshingly genuine smiles. In this regard , the girls ( Amber , Sucel , Jenny ,Patricia , Maria et al ) in Reception were heros and the ladies who cleaned our apartment on a satisfactorily regular basis , deserved medals for ploughing through the detritus left by two teenage girls with bulging suitcases again with a smile on there faces. One previous contributor will ( no doubt ) be pleased to hear that WiFi is now available in every room for a fee of 20 euros for a week. Not unreasonable but would be a boost if it was FREE like it is in the Reception area. I found that coverage in reception was a little patchy but as stated ... it is free.. With regard to the proximity of the airport , it is true that there are regular low level sightings of a series of variously liveried airplanes over the reasonable sized swimming pool but during the day I found them somehow romantic and at night , after a few glasses of wine , lying in a fairly well sound proofed room , I barely noticed them . This proximity has a great upside in that on the day my daughter and her friend arrived , I could have lay on my lilo as the Aer Lingus plane swooped down over the pool , dried myself off and made it to the airport in my hire car to meet the girls at arrivals in plenty of time. ..... Speaking of Hire Cars ............. I would strongly recommend that you hire one , even for part of your holiday. You can be in Los Christianos /
Las Americanas in about ten or fifteen minutes but if you decide to drive up to the north of the island , I advise that you head off up the motorways to the east and not thru the western passage which can be like a TOP GEAR CHALLENGE in places.. I could go on but wouldnt want to spoil your fun exploring. Overall I had a great time in a comfortable , friendly and quiet enviroment and the teenage girls were able to shop til they dropped in various shopping areas and malls all over the island and enjoy the slightly limited nightlife in the vicinity which saved them he trip into the hotbeds of Las Americanas. If you like seafood you might be pleasantly surprised by a delightful little \fish / \seafood bistro at the rear of the RPA complex * on which I will shortly be placing a review , Have a good holiday but dont forget that a large part can be what you make of it . Best Wishes GASTROMTER

Room Tip: Ask for Air Conditioning and things like View Of The Pool at the time of booking These requests may...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
10 Thank gastrometer
Many thanks for your very informative review. We will be sure to pass on your kind comments to our staff. We look forward to welcoming you back to our resort soon.
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 23, 2012

I honestly loved my stay at RPA! We got a Groupon deal for 7 days and had to sit through a time share presentation, which was in fact interesting and informative.
The hotel is very nice, clean and the room was very well furnished. We had almost everything we need but must admit that we were unable to make tea with the kettle due to all the lime scale inside of it. Tasted absolutely horrible. Fortunately, there are water fountains across the resort with clean drinking water for a very reasonable price so did not mind it that much.
The food at the restaurant was quite nice, the staff very quick and efficient, loved the spaghetti carbonara there. But for a cold beer and nice pizza, I would recommend Aberdeen Steakhouse nearby, on your way to El Medano. Pint of lager for just 1 euro, yaaay! :)
I confirm there are no sandy beaches around, the closest is in El Medano, short bus ride from the hotel, you can also walk there. We also went to Los Cristianos, a perfect place to buy souvenirs or go clubbing, a bit more lively than San Miguel.
As far as the hotel staff is concerned, all of them were fantastic, informative, efficient and extremely polite but I must say that Maria Jose, PR representative, is a jewel in the whole resort. I honestly have never met a person more enthusiastic and passionate about customer service and her guests. She certainly ensured that our honeymoon was the best possible.
For those of you who go there for the first time, if you fly to south airport, a taxi ride is only 7-8 minutes and costs more or less 15 euros.
Overall, I would rate our stay there as five star.

Room Tip: Air conditioning is a must! Do not drink water from taps, even after boiling. It tastes absolutely h...
8 Thank Beata U
, Social Media Supervisor at Muthu Royal Park Albatros, responded to this review, June 27, 2012
Many thanks for your valued review. We will be sure to pass on your comments to our staff. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Royal Park Albatross in the near future.
Gloucester, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 20, 2012

This was our third visit to the Albatros and we enjoyed the peaceful and picturesque setting as usual. The well laid out pool was enhanced this visit by having daily sessions on water aerobics! I thought that we would have been worried by the increase in airtraffic as the Albatros is in a direct flight path from the relatively nearby airport and we were advised that there was an increase in airtraffic from late morning to early evening. This did not turn out to be the case and if flights became bothersome we could retreat into the fully airconditioned sitting room or bedrooom. Once again we found our apartment well furnished and kept spotlessly clean - the whole resort was clean and had a welcoming ambience which we felt owed much to the absolutely marvelous Maria, Albatros Public Relations Manager.

The Albatros is well situated for visiting all areas of interest across this beautiful island and we especially enjoyed a day trip to the island of La Gomera. There was also the added advantage that almost everywhere can be reached by very inexpensive public transport with the bus stop just a few steps from the reception. This saved on the expense of hiring a car which adds so much to holiday expenses. Alltogether, a restful break and good value for money.

Room Tip: Infiniti apartments are furnished to a very high standard, are cleaned more frquently and are fully...
5 Thank Marie6240
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 20, 2012

Very pleasantly surprised on the quality and appearance of this apartment complex as we had booked it through a voucher cloud deal! Staff were very helpful and friendly, apartments had everything you would need including juicer, hand blender, microwave etc. Place is very well maintained and very clean. Pool area is very nice, bar snacks good, breakfast great and if you have the option of having breakfast as part of your deal I would certainly recommend it! There are not too many places to eat surrounding the complex but I would recommend the irish bar for good pub food and also mamma roma italian for something a wee bit more special! A lovely place and a lovely holiday!

2 Thank Jojofeebee82
Also consider these accommodations in or near San Miguel de Abona
Grand Muthu Golf Plaza Hotel and Spa
Grand Muthu Golf Plaza Hotel and...
#6 of 13 in San Miguel de Abona
Apartamentos Gema Aguamarina Golf
La Quinta Park Suites
La Quinta Park Suites
#1 of 1 in Santa Ursula

Been to Muthu Royal Park Albatros? Share your experiences!