“Brilliant ! ”

GreenLeadersBronze level
milton Keynes United Kingdom
“Brilliant ! ”
Reviewed January 20, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here the first 2 weeks of January with my mum who's 70 ..
Beautiful well looked after hotel..
Had a room on the right hand side of the hotel beautiful view of the sea the apartment was plenty big enough for us both and very well equipped,we had to share a bed but was huge plenty of room In it and really comfortable plus fluffy pillows .
All the hotel staff are very helpful and polite ..
There is a supermarket which had almost all the essentials and not too overly priced ..
We never used the pool or sun bathed as my mum has had skin cancer so we took advantage of the gorgeous weather to walk around the area and along the coastal path quiet hilly at times ..
Only had one day of rain and the rest cloud free very warm sunny days 22-24c ..
Tried many of the bars to have lunch in everyday and everyone was reasonably priced and very friendly..
San Blas is a great place for little shops even has a charity shop which is very cheap !
Bus stop very close by for las Americas etc but taxis are also very reasonable ..
Would I go back again ? Hell yeah ! :-)
The only negative is the internet is €27 for the week for each devise you use and the signal was terrible hardly got online very much :-(
All in all we had a fantastic time :-)

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
diamondresorts, Manager at Santa Barbara Golf & Ocean Club, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
It is great to read that both you and your mom had such a pleasant, relaxing time here with us and made the most from the beautiful weather and picturesque surroundings. Thank you for all your tips. We hope that you review will inspire your fellow travellers to pay us a visit too. Please come back soon!

Resort Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (540)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
London, Canada
Reviewed January 13, 2014

It's not on the beach. You don't get golf as part of your stay...so why ocean and golf club? Because the ocean IS close...as are some golf courses...although somewhat misleading. The rooms are okay but EXTREMELY noisy. You can hear the cleaners wheeling around at 6 in the morning as well as shouts of drunken Brits here and there. This is because the rooms face the front door and the walls are made of.......paper mache? You have to pay extra for beach towels, laundry, ROOM SERVICE, and wifi which is tacky BUT......you can buy cans of beer for .50 euros! The supermarket on premises has all that you need, and there are several pools. Don't bother trying the jacuzzi. It doesn't work. Food is average and the on site bar is a hilarious comparison to a stag-and-doe hall. So why do I recommend it?
We had a blast. Period. Ever had something in a restaurant that you just really enjoyed and can't explain why? It's like that. The guests genuinely had a great time too and we found ourselves becoming little kids again. You can't buy that. It just happens. And here it happened twice which makes it strangely lovely.
If you go here and don't like it, don't blame me....but you might need to re-find your inner child.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank itravel9899
diamondresorts, Manager at Santa Barbara Golf & Ocean Club, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
It was with some apprehension that we read your review, until we reached the ‘twist’ in your comments! We are so pleased to read your account of your recent stay, and although there clearly have been certain aspects of your visit with which you were not entirely satisfied, you had a fantastic visit and enjoyed the welcoming atmosphere of our resort. Please visit us again soon!

Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 8, 2014

Christmas in the sun is fantastic and they entertained us as well the accommodation was very clean and the staff were excellent (the entertainment provided by the bar people was the same as ten years ago very outdated comedy Elvis was not comedy blues brothers would help if they could sing and so on get some new modern acts) the resort entertainment provided by the resort was excellent and the Christmas and new year party time was great the kids and the in laws(82 & 84) enjoyed it as well would recommend this to anyone thinking of some winter sun car hire if you have a family would be a great advantage

Room Tip: ask for elite rooms
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank kevin g
diamondresorts, Manager at Santa Barbara Golf & Ocean Club, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
We are pleased to read that you chose to stay with us over the festive period and we hope that the family atmosphere in our resort made this special time even more memorable. We do hope that we may have another opportunity to see you coming back in the future!

Lancaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 7, 2014 via mobile

This is the 4th time in 2 years we have been to Santa Barbara and the 2nd Christmas we've spent there. Each time the room given to us seems to get bigger and better. We had a refurbished room on floor 8 and it had fantastic views and was spotlessly clean and could not fault it in any way. As per usual all the staff were friendly and helpful. Unfortunately for the last 2 nights of our 14 night stay we had to move into 2x1 bed appts as our appt wasn't available for the last 2 nights and it was a bit of a come-down as they hadn't been refurbished.

Food wise the pool bar was nice and quite reasonably priced. Although drinks are a lot more expensive than the ones in the hotel shop. If your looking for a brilliant Indian you must try the taj in San blas. We went there for Xmas day night and it was fantastic the food is always so delicious and they are so friendly. Over the road is the Irish bar which is nice just your typical pub grub. Another good place is pizzeria golf as you turn right out of the hotel.
All the animation team are lovely and they really made Xmas this year one to remember ! Compared to last Xmas they really pulled out all stops and the build up to Xmas day was brill. Then a extra special visit from Santa on Xmas day. Thank you Laura and Esther you both made our kids Xmas special. This year the animation team are really good and seem to all get on very well and work as a team. I hope you will be still there 2014.

There are only 2 faults with the hotel and that is 1 the expensive price they charge for wifi, come on its 2014 and everyone has free wifi !!
2. The very rude night receptionist !! We checked out at 4am and he was rude and abrupt not only to us but to a fellow guest who was checking out at the same time. All because we questioned being charged twice for towel hire !!

Thank you again Santa Barbara for a lovely holiday and hope to see you all soon

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank leighanne h
Thank you for your kind comments, we are glad you had a lovely Christmas at our resort.
It is lovely for us to read that you are a return guest and continue to visit us.
We are happy to read that the entertainment team pulled out all the stops and helped you enjoy your vacation with us.
We would like to apologise for the attitude of the receptionist and we will be sure to address this with the team member. Your comments on WIFI have been noted and we are currently in discussions over the charge for WIFI and we hope we can improve this situation in the future.
Finally we are glad you enjoyed the apartment allocated to you and we hope we will see you again in the future.

Finland
Reviewed January 4, 2014

Stayed 2 weeks in Santa Barbara. All basic services are ok. Mini supermarket downstairs was ok to buy breakfast stuff and drinks. Hotel has wireles internet available and we took it for one day to test. Price is terrible 6.95 Euros a night / device. Wireless in our room Villa 5 was average in speed and not so stable. Hotel is built on steep hill kind of area and on lobby area were possible good not tested. So one day with hotel wireless was enough. So I went to local dealer asking for prepaid sim car for my Ipad. After 20 minute discussion I signed contract for Masmovil 5 Gb Bono contract only data. This connection worked well in main city area speed with Speedtest 3 to 7 not bad at all. Ofcourse I try it in my room. What a hell only 2g connection and Speedtest didn't even started.
I went to lobby area same result. Then I try it in terazze bar and same result. Finally I went to sit outside Avedida Atlantico in hotels taxi waitin area. There connections wake up and Facebook updates goes smoothly. Still I could not use my Samsung Galalaxy as accespoint for my wife. So we must deal my Ipad and log in amd log out from Facebook or mails. One device 2 users.
One day I started look look small print in Masmovil contract and find out that this was really big mistake to sign. It was contract that last for ever and even if I don't use I must pay more than 20 euros a month. I called Masmovil agent and he ask me to make complaiment to Masmovil etc.

Well I'm a sales person and call their customer service and explain that I was misslead a slighty to wrong way. Well but was my fault I did not ask more question and just belive what Agent says.
If you travel many times to Spain this contract can be good solution because you can park it for 9 months and when back in Spain start to use same sim number again. This is not my way to do vacation trips. 2 weeks here and next time somewhere else.

After I explain my situation Masvovil promissed to cut out this deal for good so I dont have to move to Spain to pay ending bills. I really thank Masmovil for this service.

Last but not least I went to Las Charifas little shopping area near the hotel and I went to Vodafone office and bought real Prepaid Sim for 2 Gb with fast connection. No credit cards just money and thats it. Only thing you must have your passport with you when shopping Sim cards.

Connection in our room is similar than Masmovil. So local network have not antennas in shoreline and you can not use prepaid in your room. Emails comes just and just but else where speed was no problem. Santa Barbara and many other hotels and apartomentos have same problem near shoreline.

Room Tip: Villa 5 is quiet place. Only minus is even prepaid internet not working in hotel area.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Darbuka
Thank you very much for your feedback. We are pleased to learn that you have found our resort appealing and the apartment comfortable and well equipped. We regret, however, that you seem to have experienced some issues with the local mobile internet provider. We hope that this is all now resolved, thank you for sharing your experience.

Drogheda, Ireland
Reviewed January 1, 2014

Fantastic hotel with great service. Very customer focused .Staff very helpfull and pleasent. Stayed there with my wife for one week and I have to tell you this place is amazing. The rooms are spacious with aircondition and perfect kitchen equipment. Procticaly you don't have leave the hotel as you have there all you need including well supplied shop. Great place for kids . There was not a single reason to complain.

Room Tip: The rooms are different. I was told that the one we had was middle standard , so I m wonder how the...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank PeterBellRoi
diamondresorts, Manager at Santa Barbara Golf & Ocean Club, responded to this review, January 11, 2014
Thank you for your kind comments.
It is great for us to read our staff provided you with great customer services!
We are happy to read your apartment met your holiday needs and you enjoyed your stay with us.
We hope you will visit us again soon!
Liverpool
Reviewed December 30, 2013

Santa Barbara is a brilliant hotel with stunning views and excellent facilities. Me and my family where there over Christmas, all the staff were so friendly and amazing with the kids. On christmas day they had a santa hunt, then santa came across the pool on a boat, and gave all the children presents. It was lovely and all the children were over the moon. All of the staff were so enthusiastic even when working on christmas. I've never seen someone keep up enthusiasm and go for it as much as the gentleman running the mini disco! :') the entertainment in the W pub was brilliant, we saw the comedy act and the madician bot of which blew us away! The hotel was so cleanly and well kept, my step mum's a bit of a clean freak and was over the moon when she smelt that the maid had bleached :') the little italy restaurant made a spectacular christmas dinner, the waiter's were fabulous, we had an absolutely lovely time!

• Stayed December 2013
diamondresorts, Manager at Santa Barbara Golf & Ocean Club, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Thank you for your kind comments.
Its great to read that you had such a fantastic time whilst staying at our resort.
We hold our staff to a high service excelence and we are thrilled to read that they provided you with this.
We will pass on your lovely comments to the food and beverage manager of Little Italy who will be glad to read of the comments.
We hope you visit us again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near San Miguel de Abona
#1 of 17 in Santa Cruz de Tenerife
Melia Jardines del Teide
Melia Jardines del Teide
#15 of 58 in Costa Adeje

Been to Santa Barbara Golf & Ocean Club? Share your experiences!