“Brilliant hotel, a great surprise for the price. Best holiday with our children abroad.”

Santa Barbara Golf & Ocean Club
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

Hotel was really clean, rooms were spacious, supermarket was a great bonus. 2 bed room has all the utensils, equipment you need including dishwasher, tv, fridge etc. childrens area was great and the main pool was a good size. Location meant that you had to get bus to beaches but there were plenty if pubs and restaurants within walking distance. Hotel staff were very friendly and all queries were dealt with very efficiently. This hotel would be a major hit if they creates an artificial beach on the front if it........

• Stayed April 2012
5 Thank Gcgr77

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (533)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Lancaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 1, 2013

We have just had a fantastic xmas at this hotel. It was our second stay here this year and we loved it.

All the staff are so friendly and always willing to go that extra mile to help.

The animation rep Elanor is just brilliant a real credit to the hotel.

Cannot wait to return :-)

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
9 Thank leighanne h
cambridgeshire
Reviewed December 28, 2012

My partner and I have just returned after having spend christmas at the santa Barbara, It was just so relaxing, the accomadation is excillient , the staff so friendly and very helpful nothing was too much trouble. The whole complex was kept spotless and all the staff worked so hard and with consideration at all times. The resturante food was of a very high standard and well priced. Our accomadation was a studio with a pull down bed, which was of good quality but was a bit squaeky!!!!... the neighbours must have thought we where on honeymoon... sadly not. The new flat screen tv, dvd player and I.Pod docking station is brillient, shame that it wasnt HD ready... The kitchen very well equipt. On site shop very basic, so went to the large supermarket at the top (you will need a taxi) and did a big shop. Very cheap and offered good quality and choice.As an independant Care Giver I am always looking for suitable accomadation to recommend to clients with mobilty restrictions and the SBG&OC it ideal., with lifts and ramps, and suitable accomadation. So no excuse not to take mum and dad.. I would recommend to any client asking for a recommendation. The only down side was we hadnt been informed about the building works and at times it was deaferning and did give me a bad headache, but it is now finished.
We would like to congratulate everyone at the SBG&OC for making our stay so enjoyable, look ing forward to booking a return visit it May

Room Tip: Try and book a top floor room as better views and is shelteded from the wind. Would recommended a on...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
6 Thank ladybugme
diamondresorts, Owner at Santa Barbara Golf & Ocean Club, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
We’re really glad that you had an enjoyable stay at the Santa Barbara Golf and Ocean Club this Christmas! We strive to provide an excellent standard of service to all our guests, and we’re delighted that our team were able to provide you with all the information and assistance you required during your stay.

We take accessibility issues very seriously, and as such, we’ve made full information about the resort available on our website and will make every effort to fulfil accessibility requests made by our guests.

We try to minimise the disruption caused to our guests during periods of refurbishment and maintenance, and we’re sorry to read that you were disturbed by the building works which took place during your stay. Details of upcoming building work can be found on the resort’s fact sheet on our website, and we encourage guests to take a look at this prior to arrival.

We hope that this issue didn’t mar your stay – we’re really glad that you’re planning to return here, and we look forward to seeing you again!

Inverness
Reviewed December 23, 2012

I was here 10 nights in Dec 2012. Good place to stay, I booked a studio via Booking.com but got a 1 bedroom apartment instead with the same (good) price. Nice start. Room was clean & nice, basic things but can't expect much more for 25€ / night... Very spacious from my point of view, light colours and bid bathroom. Kitchen fully equipped, oven, microwawe, fridge, freezer, toaster and all the dishes you can think of. I had a balcony which was in the sun for almost the whole day, nice place to drink the morning coffee in the sun.

My only real complain was the pizza that i got from hotel's restaurant the first evening. I was quite tired when i finally arrived so I thought I wouldn't bother to go anywhere further to get something to eat. So I went to this "little Italy" restaurant in the hotel and ordered a pizza. Got one fast, paid it (+a good tip) and went in to my room to eat &enjoy. When I opened the box, there was hardly any filling visible in the pizza and it tasted awful. It was like reheated, not made 10minutes ago. I could only eat half of it and I was hungry. Had to throw rest of it away. Horrible. So you can guess how many times I went to that place to eat again during my stay? Zero.

But hotel in itself was very good compared to price, cleaning only every other day but it was ok for me. Staff seemed to be very friendly and when I had a small problem with my balcony door it was fixed in an hour.

If you're just after the sun this is a good place. But it has to be said that if you're after any kind of activity (except golf), Golf del Sur can't offer much. There's really no nightlife to speak of, no sandy beaches, no big shopping centres. You need to take a taxi or at least a bus to find things to do... But I got the sun which I needed after having no sun at all during the summer.

1 more thing maybe worth mentioning. I was there just before Christmas an many other hotels in the area seemed to be very empty compared to Santa Barbara. No people at the pools, no lights in the windows in the evening. I thought that told me quite a lot. It was clearly the most booked hotel in the area.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank MikaInverness
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 21, 2012

Didn't expect the apartment to be as nice as it was, very clean and containing everything we needed. The hotel amenities were good. The staff were fantastic and extremely helpful and friendly. Minor building work was taking place on site which created a bit of noise during the day but was no major issue. The bar closing at 1am when the opening hours states 2am was the only disappoinment. It is a hotel I would recommend.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
diamondresorts, Manager at Santa Barbara Golf & Ocean Club, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Thank you for sharing your kind comments with other travellers. We are happy to read that you had a pleasant and comfortable stay here with us at Santa Barbara Golf and Ocean Club. We are sorry if the building work has caused you any inconvenience, however we hope you can appreciate that there is never an ideal time to carry out maintenance work and we assure we are doing our best to keep the disturbance to the absolute minimum. We do hope to see you again in the future!

Kind regards
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 21, 2012

Stayed at SBG&OC through diamond resorts in June 2012 and was pleasantly surprised. Really nice, clean hotel with a very modern feel to the rooms. Extremely spacious and well equipped (safe, tv, fully equipped kitchen etc). We didn't request any particular room but had a lovely sea view and a balcony which caught the sun perfectly. Hotel was busy but not too busy, there were always free sunbeds and the grounds benefit from several different areas that you can pick from to sit, some quieter and more secluded than others which is nice. The surrounding area is quiet but there are some nice restaurants to choose from and a variety of cuisines. Excursions are good, i'd recommend the stargazing trip, it was excellent and the tour guide was delightfully eccentric (calling Neil and Buzz on several occasions to check on the location of passing satellites). All in all a great stay.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank haylo83
Port Glasgow, Scotland
Reviewed December 13, 2012

We had a fantastic time in this hotel for 10 days last December, so much so, we decided to return and take my mum & dad as an 80th birthday treat for my dad. We love the layout of the hotel and the rooms are fantastic with everything you could possibly need, the staff are also very professional and friendly. The area the hotel is in is perfect for us as we found the sellars in PLA a bit too much for us. The big disappointment for us was the fact that I emailed before we went requesting a room in the main building, on a high floor, with a sea view, this is what we had last year and it was so perfect it was also great for my mum whose walking isn't great as it's such a spread out resort. We received a lovely email back from the manager to say he would try his best to accomodate us. On arrival at the hotel we were given room 201 which isn't in the main building, is on the ground floor and had a lovely view of a wall! I nearly cried when I opened the curtains, so plucked up the courage to go back to reception and ask for a change of room. I saw people do this very vocally and it seemed to work well, but that's not my style. So after asking on the Friday if we could move, I was asked to return to the reception desk on the Saturday/Sunday/Monday/Tuesday to see if a change of room was available, eventually on the Tuesday we were offered a change of room which I then turned down as my elderly parents decided it would be too much to pack and unpack again when they were quite settled. This as well as the extensive building work just added to the disappointment. Rant over! lol! Even though I don't think we'll return any time in the near future, I think we will go back someday and would definitely recommend to others as the apartments are fantastic, although I would recommend to wait until the building work is finished.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank alih68
diamondresorts, Owner at Santa Barbara Golf & Ocean Club, responded to this review, December 16, 2012
Thank you for your review of your recent stay at the Santa Barbara Golf and Ocean Club!

We make every effort to fulfil accommodation requests made by our guests, although please be aware that this will depend on occupancy levels at the resort. We’re really sorry that it wasn’t possible to provide you with an apartment which met with your specific request on this occasion, and we hope that this issue didn't spoil an otherwise enjoyable stay at Santa Barbara.

As you’re aware, the resort is currently undergoing refurbishment, and we very much hope you’ll return in the future to see the changes!

Also consider these accommodations in or near San Miguel de Abona
#1 of 17 in Santa Cruz de Tenerife
Melia Jardines del Teide
Melia Jardines del Teide
#19 of 57 in Costa Adeje

Been to Santa Barbara Golf & Ocean Club? Share your experiences!