We have just returned from a week at the Santa Barbara Ocean Club in Tenerife. Comments as follows: -
1. There is a smell of drains around certain outlying parts of the complex (lower down) at times.
2. The restaurant is fairly average.
3. The pool area could get crowded, but if you went down later in the afternoon it was better.
1. Most of the staff went out of their way to help you and always greeted you whoever they were. We particularly recommend the Receptionist Isobella who was really very helpful and friendly.
2. We asked for a sea view when we arrived but none were available that day so we were given another, which had an extra bedroom. We requested the sea view a second time the next day, but again none available, so we forgot about it. The third day they (Isoblla) told us one was available that day and they held it for us until late in the afternoon, (we were gong on a trip for the day).
3. Other things we requested help on they always were very helpful e.g. hire car deals, buses, information on the area, etc.
4. There are plenty of different restaurants in the area (some nice ones by the sea) covering various types of food. The ones we tried were all serving fresh well prepared dishes at reasonable prices. Unless you want fine dining or someone who will always find something to complain about you are well catered for.
5. The area overall is nice, quiet and peaceful.
6. The hotel is well maintained and very clean.
7. The hotel is family friendly.
Overall a very nice week and met or exceeded our expectations.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Moorish-inspired architecture and beautifully finished luxury accommodations, some overlooking the Atlantic, are just two of the features that make Santa Barbara Golf and Ocean Club one of the finest resorts in Southern Europe.Nestled on the sun-drenched southern coast of Tenerife, Santa Barbara Golf and Ocean Club boasts a truly superb range of facilities including swimming pools, landscaped gardens, shops and even its own gymnasium.A golfer's paradise, the fairways that host the prestigious Tenerife Open are just a few steps away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your Santa Barbara Golf & Ocean Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Santa Barbara Golf & Ocean Club Hotel San Miguel De Abona
- Santa Barbara Golf And Ocean Club
- Santa Barbara Hotel Ocean
- Santa Barbara Resort Ocean
- Santa Barbara Tenerife
- Santa Barbara Golf & Ocean Club Tenerife, Spain