“i thought my meal was ok to good , but hubby said his was fab, the breads here are great” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Kohinoor Indian restaurant

Kohinoor Indian restaurant
Cuisines: Indian, Balti, Asian, Eastern European
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Cardiff, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2014

nice and clean, and staff very nice ,did not have to wait very long for our food.After your meal you are offered free of charge to taste a few shots.Not very many seats inside , we did not have any trouble getting a space because of low season , but in high season would have to perhaps book in advance.

Visited January 2014
5 Thank frogsrule2011

hatfield, herts
“good for an indian meal in Tenerife”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2014

Friendly service . Onion bargees not bad at all and the lamb in my curry was very good quality. Would recommend .

Visited January 2014
5 Thank zigzag_13
Islas Canarias
“By far the best!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2014

We went as a big group of friends who all have different pallets, and they catered to us all perfectly. We all had a vote after (as we do in a new restaurant) and all but one said 10 out of 10 and the picky one that said 8 wanted the lamb phal spicier!
We all had a mixture of starters, with poppadums', chicken tikka, pakora etc. all great and then we waited a little for the mains but well worth it with enough to take some doggy bags too. No room for desert, maybe next time!

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank EscapeAwayHolidays
sandyhills
“Holiday in golf del sur”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2014 via mobile

Sat here as I type. Always suspicious when on holiday about what appears to be cheap incentives but no worries here. As the last review said 'I eat alot of indian meal' but unlike the last person i thought this was very good. If you expect the moon, be an astronaut! But for what you pay this is very good. Service is good with a pleasant smile. Will defiantly be back. Thank you.

5 Thank gary c
“Worst”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2014

We visited the Kohinoor after seeing good reviews and a lot of posters around. What a mistake turned out to be the worst Indian meal I'd ever had and I've had a lot.

We opted for the 3 dishes 11.99 which did seem good value.

I had a tandoori fish starter. The fish was so sloppy it must have been frozen which just isn't good enough when the sea is literally a stones throw away. If that wasn't bad enough it was very very bland. Feeling sorry for me my girlfriend offered me some of her meat kebab starter, unfortunately equally tasteless.

Chicken Madras Main was just hot. I don't mean it was too hot, I mean it had no other other flavour about it than the heat. I could see no visable ingredients like onions etc just a red sauce that didn't taste of much. The chicken in it was awful too, very very dry. The naan was OK but served in a wicker bowl that was absolutely filthy. Luckily didn't notice until I had finished eating the very little that i did!

Everybody else in my party was equally disappointed with their food so not just a one off bad dish.

To top it off we had to wait an age for our bill that was then incorrect.

The restaurant itself is reasonably presented and priced but the quality of food was terrible.

• Visited January 2014