“Wonderful restaurant with excellent food and friendly staff.”

Restaurant Tasca 4 Esquinas
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 17, 2014

While staying in nearby Golf Del Sur decided to go for a drive to San Miguel and have something to eat there. Came across what we thought was a bar until we spoke to a friendly couple who said they were staying there and highly recommended the restaurant, they recommended well!

The restaurant was not too large and had a lovely atmosphere with other diners in there. The staff were very friendly and helpful, explaining in English what the dish was we had asked about. Had a good laugh with a gentleman (who I think was the owner) when I ordered a large glass of white wine, I struggled but managed to say it in Spanish! He was very patient listening to me, helped with the lingo and certainly did give me a very large glass of wine which I may add when we got the bill was only charged for small.

The food was excellent, cooked to perfection and very large portions. I can highly recommend the croquettes as a starter. The fillet steak was gorgeous, cooked to how it was asked for and the sauce was delicious only wish there was a bit more of it. If ordering the Canarian Potatoes would recommend you share these as the bowl was full and my husband and I had to leave quiet a few.

Our only disappointment was that we only found this beautiful place the night before we were due to return home. We had been staying in Golf Del Sur for 2 weeks and had we found it in our 1st week we would definitely of returned again in our 2nd week. However, we are regular visitors in Golf Del Sur so Tasca Cuatro Esquinas will be seeing a lot of us in the future, we can't wait to return.

Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

I love place, the food the ambience the flowers the local wine. If you want a authentic Canarian experience you can't do much better than this place!

Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

Lovely tucked away restaurant we found by accident.
A very quaint courtyard with beautiful bouganvillia and cacti, even a little spring in the corner. Sat in the courtyard and the service was very good but not too full on. Had a variety of food from the menu and ate till we couldn't move. Especially recommend the ropa vieja, the pâté selection and the croquettes from the starters and the goat, veal and chicken in balsamic from the main courses oh and the local white wine was particularly good.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

I am quite reluctant to recommend this restaurant - as I want to keep it a secret just for myself! I love it. We have been on a couple of occasions now whilst visiting Tenerife and wondered if it was going to be as good this year. No problems there - it was, and actually it was better if that's possible. We chose to eat inside even though it was lovely weather, and so pleased we did. We were the only diners at that time and we were treated like royalty. The owner and his wife (who is the chef) made us so welcome yet again. Recommendations as to menu were given but not forced upon us, and what recommendations they were. We also left the wine up to our host as he obviously knows what he is doing. We had an excellent evening again and just can't wait to return.

1  Thank linstock
Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

From the outside the 4 Esquinas in San Miguel looks like a normal, homey but not overly exciting tapas place and restaurant - but looks are quite deceiving...it's definitely way better than average, outclassing most of the other eateries we encountered at Tenerife.

Located around a very charming courtyard with a spilling bougainvillae the restaurant offers outdoor dining, but features as well a rather big dining room for cooler evenings. Open every day through lunch and dinner (until roughly 11pm), and run by a very nice and entertaining couple, their menu features traditional Spanish and Canarian dishes, but offers plenty surprises as well: Chinese cabbage rolls filled with wild rice and salmon, grilled goat cheese with apple sauce and cinnamon, salad with palm hearts, all tried and tested and truly delicious. The 'usual suspects' are not left out though: Papas arrugadas and pimientos de padron are incredibly well done, as are the mojos (two very typical red and green sauces famous in Tenerife).

Don't forget to order fresh bread with your meal, it comes warm out of the oven and you'll like it when you appreciate good bread.

A smart move is to leave some space for dessert and coffee after your meal, both is great as well.

You'll have a thoroughly enjoyable experience, should you decide to give the 4 Esquinas a try! I'd highly recommend it.

3  Thank DadaSuzzy