I and my son loved this hotel, but if you are into clubs, shopping or a lot of people you should choose another place to stay. I you look for a quiet time with perfect service – this is it.
The hotel is big, yet it never felt crowded. We always found a nice spot by one of the pools and always had a good seating at the restaurant. Comments about people getting lost surprise me. It is just like at most hotels, the first digit of the room number indicates the level – so if you get lost just look at the door next to you and you know if you are on the right level or if you are supposed to go up or down.
The room was light and nice with a big bathroom. Our room was not facing the poolarea, yet we had a view of the ocean and nice sunshine on the balcony in the evenings – great when you are relaxing after a busy day. The cleaning and service was perfect, sometimes almost too much.
We were staying halfboard. The breakfast was good with everything you could ask for. With yoghurt, cereals, bacon, eggs, bread, fruit and much more we ate so much that we often didn't have to have any lunch. Dinner was a buffet, which can be somewhat boring. But every night there were cooks frying steaks and fish so you had it really fresh. There was a wide selection and I didn't have the same twice during our week’s stay. And the selection of deserts was overwhelming.
My only objection was the vegetarian choice. There was a section of the buffet called vegetarian, but it consisted of fried vegetables only. And even if you could find vegetarian pasta or pizza, there was a lack of protein dishes. But I am sure it could be arranged if you asked.
The staff is great, everywhere and at all levels. The best I have encountered at a hotel.
The pools are good, even if we wished at least one deeper, the deepest was 1,40-1,45. And even if the hotel is right by the ocean, there is no good beach in the neighbourhood.
Since the airport is very close by, you might get disturbed by the planes. About one hour around noon there are a lot of take offs and landings, but during the rest of the time we were not bothered. (And for airplane spotters there is a seating in the reserve!)
A visit to the reserve is nice. You get to learn about both nature and history.
Even if there are elevators I would not recommend this hotel to disabled or to families who have to bring the stroller at all times. It is hilly and it will be tough to go for a walk in the surrounding area.
There are a lot to do at the hotel. My son thought he was too big to join the kids' club, but every now and then we had a chat with the people working there and I can assure you they are very nice and dedicated. You can play tennis and paddle, try climbing, water exercise, yoga and use the gym. It is not a very good area for jogging. I survived the hills but the only path (along the coast to the west) was too short. So either you had to go round and around or run along the busy roads, which was no fun either.
During our stay the hotel had two bikes you could borrow, but one of them was broken. You were also not allowed to use it elsewhere but within the reserve, which was a pity. We would gladly have paid a rent to be able to go on a trip along the coast.
The reception helped us renting a car. We were picked up at the hotel and we could drop the car at the hotel. The price was what we have paid at other times and places, 100 € for a small car during two days. Parking was no problem. There is a garage free of use for the guests.
The nice rooms, the good pool area, the realxed setting and the wonderful staff makes this a hotel I gladly would return to.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sandos San Blas Nature Resort & Golf All Inclusive is located in the San Blas Enviromental Reserve, beside two golf courses and seafront. The bedrooms are spacious with a terrace and have bathroom with bath tub, shower and hairdryer. Every guest room is soundproof, and offers satellite TV, stereo, Internet connection, minibar (extra charge), air conditioned, safe, phone and free WiFi. The complex has eight pools, a gym and a terrace with loungers and umbrellas, as well as two poolside bars. It also has aqua-aerobics, spa and sauna. The reception is 24 hour, and offers safe and currency exchange. The hotel also has a cafe-bar, a newspaper stand, a hair salon, a night club, a theater, a TV room, a restaurant, a conference room, free WiFi connection room, room service, laundry service (extra charge), a playground and free parking. Separate activities are organized for kids and adults alike. The hotel offers tennis (extra charge), ping-pong, beach volley, golf (extra charge), biking and aerobics classes. You can also row on the property's lake. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Sandos San Blas Nature Resort & Golf reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandos San Blas Hotel Reserva Ambiental And Golf
- Sandos San Blas Nature Resort & Golf Tenerife, Spain