Bit of a late review as we came back in December 2013. We had a lovely time even though the weather was pretty awful - but you can't blame the hotel for that eh? The hotel was lovely and clean and the staff very helpful. I redeemed some of my Sandos reward points for the romantic room package, the eco tour and an hour's exclusive use of the spa facilities. The room definitely had that wow factor, with a bottle of fizz and strawberries dipped in chocolate waiting for us along with rose petals in the jacuzzi bath and on the bed - lovely. The eco tour was much better than I thought it would be and is definitely worth going on. The spa was just ok but I didn't book any treatments and listening to other guests, these were pretty amazing.
The restaurant is split into 'pods' with adult only areas - absolute genius of an idea. It never seemed noisy or 'cafeteria-style' like other AI's I've stopped in. The food was very nice too; loved the omelette station at breakfast. We had a meal in the speciality restaurant as part of the package (I think you get 1 night in there for every 7 nights you spend in the hotel) and it was absolutely lovely. The starter was amazing, the main very good but the dessert was so-so. We had a really nice bottle of wine in there too. Talking of wine, we found the red in the AI buffet to be quite ok - much better than the usual vino tinto they have in AI's.
The pools were very nice but as the weather was so bad we didn't use them as much as we wanted to.
The bars were great - waiter service too. The cabaret acts were so-so most of the time with a couple of good acts; the usual AI fare.
All in all, a very good holiday. It is close to the airport but you get used to the planes; the upshot is, like other reviewers have said, it's a very short transfer from the airport. 15 minutes after checking out of the hotel, we'd dropped our hire car off and were checking into the terminal. I would definitely recommend - just hope you had better weather than we did !!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sandos San Blas Nature Resort & Golf All Inclusive is located in the San Blas Enviromental Reserve, beside two golf courses and seafront. The bedrooms are spacious with a terrace and have bathroom with bath tub, shower and hairdryer. Every guest room is soundproof, and offers satellite TV, stereo, Internet connection, minibar (extra charge), air conditioned, safe, phone and free WiFi. The complex has eight pools, a gym and a terrace with loungers and umbrellas, as well as two poolside bars. It also has aqua-aerobics, spa and sauna. The reception is 24 hour, and offers safe and currency exchange. The hotel also has a cafe-bar, a newspaper stand, a hair salon, a night club, a theater, a TV room, a restaurant, a conference room, free WiFi connection room, room service, laundry service (extra charge), a playground and free parking. Separate activities are organized for kids and adults alike. The hotel offers tennis (extra charge), ping-pong, beach volley, golf (extra charge), biking and aerobics classes. You can also row on the property's lake. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sandos San Blas Nature Resort & Golf reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandos San Blas Hotel Reserva Ambiental And Golf
- Sandos San Blas Nature Resort & Golf Tenerife, Spain