Stayed here at the end of May for one week. The rooms are lovely and the hotel grounds are so clean.
I don't understand why people complain about the planes! fair enough you notice them but for all of 5 seconds.
There are 2 towns either side one is more touristy then the other (the one to the right when you come out the back of the hotel). There is a lovely tearoom on this side that sells amazing homemade cakes.
The food at the hotel was great, there was always a variety of choice at all meals and the food is constantly replenished. The choice gets a bit repetitive after a while but the food is always of a good standard so that makes up for it. I liked that the dining areas had adult only sections in them however there were a few occasions where children were in them and nothing was done to remove them. The drink service is a bit confusing as well at breakfast you have to get your own drink and then lunch and dinner you get your first drink but then have to ask for refills. I didn't have a problem with getting my own drink however none of this is explained.
There was always plenty of sunbeds around, however despite the 200 notices that state "no reserving sunbeds" people were constantly reserving them especially the nice corner ones. This is another rule the hotel had implemented but never followed through.
We went to the A La Carte one night we booked the table at reception for 8.45pm thinking it would be nice and quiet but it was like walking in to McDonalds with the amount of screaming naughty children running around. Maybe the hotel should think about making that a adult-only area as well. Apart from the headache we got the food was amazing!
We did the day trip to Playas de Americas which is 10am - 5pm which is quite a long day but beware the bus leaves at 5pm on the dot!
The only other negative I have about the hotel is the wind (which isn't really the hotels fault). It is a wind tunnel, it's that strong that the sunbeds were blowing away and the umbrellas. There were a few occasions where our towels and hats were the casualties though.
Overall though a really nice holiday :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sandos San Blas Nature Resort & Golf All Inclusive is located in the San Blas Enviromental Reserve, beside two golf courses and seafront. The bedrooms are spacious with a terrace and have bathroom with bath tub, shower and hairdryer. Every guest room is soundproof, and offers satellite TV, stereo, Internet connection, minibar (extra charge), air conditioned, safe, phone and free WiFi. The complex has eight pools, a gym and a terrace with loungers and umbrellas, as well as two poolside bars. It also has aqua-aerobics, spa and sauna. The reception is 24 hour, and offers safe and currency exchange. The hotel also has a cafe-bar, a newspaper stand, a hair salon, a night club, a theater, a TV room, a restaurant, a conference room, free WiFi connection room, room service, laundry service (extra charge), a playground and free parking. Separate activities are organized for kids and adults alike. The hotel offers tennis (extra charge), ping-pong, beach volley, golf (extra charge), biking and aerobics classes. You can also row on the property's lake. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sandos San Blas Nature Resort & Golf reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandos San Blas Hotel Reserva Ambiental And Golf
- Sandos San Blas Nature Resort & Golf Tenerife, Spain