“Great but not as good as expected” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sandos San Blas Nature Resort & Golf

Sandos San Blas Nature Resort & Golf
Buckie, United Kingdom
“Great but not as good as expected”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

Lovely lakeside rooms which were nice & quiet (as requested). Food was very good. Location not so good as buses or taxis required. Staff all very helpful & friendly. No complaints really. 4 star rather than 5 i would say.

Room Tip: we had 2 quiet lakeside rooms LA053 & LA054, although LA153 & LA154 would probably be quiete...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank alison m
subdireccionsanblas, Deputy Manager at Sandos San Blas Nature Resort & Golf, responded to this review, July 27, 2013
Dear guest,

First of all, in the name of Sandos San Blas Nature Resort & Golf we would like to express our many thanks for taking your time and writing a review about your experience here with us.
We are very grateful you to share such warm and personal remarks concerning your stay in our hotel. Furthermore we appreciate very much you to mention our hard working staff that is always happy to do its best to fulfill all your needs.
We are looking forward to seeing you here in the Sandos San Blas Nature Resort & Golf again soon.

Deputy Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,171)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Scotland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

My partner and I booked a 6 day trip to this resort through British Airways. It definitely pays to book well in advance. When we arrived in Tenerife the taxi journey to the resort was literally 5 - 10 mins away from the airport so if you're going in multiple numbers its more worthwhile getting a taxi, it cost €13 (bargain) and you don't have the hassle of waiting on a bus for the stragglers coming out the airport. On arrival to the resort it becomes very clear that you're not in the tourist area of Tenerife. No hassle with check in, no queue and the staff were very nice. We were given room A038 which is close to the restaurant and the room was gorgeous. The fact that the bathroom is viewable through glass was slightly weird but you can use the large shutters to give you some privacy if needed. Toiletries were lovely and there were lots of them. Only complaint I had was that there weren't enough bath towels, 2 towels and 2 small hand towels is not enough for 2 people.

I had read previous reviews that the food wasn't good, which I have to say being a very picky eater was a bit of a concern for me but I was pleasantly surprised to say I did not find the food to be an issue at all. Good selection of food on offer and it changed on a daily basis. Sad to say but I looked forward to it, who wouldn't when the food is nice and you don't have the hassle of cooking it.

We searched high and low for the golf course but couldn't find it (not that I'm a golfer) but if I were one I'd be disappointed. Maybe I got it wrong and that Golf in the heading means Golf de Sur??? There isn't really a beach as such but rather stones near the water which was fine for me as there were sun loungers but the walk to get a drink to cool you down was too much hence the reason there was no one on the beach. We did however manage to find a secluded beach with black sand that not a lot of people were occupying but unfortunately it was on the last day. If you come out the back of the resort near the water and turn left, cross the road heading towards the water and there's a path that takes you up some dodgy steps, follow it as if you're heading towards the town and you go down some steps and there's a gorgeous beach.

There were always lots of sun loungers free around the pool which is always surprising to find and very rare. There were 2 heated pools and 6 salt water pools but getting into the heated ones was a bit of a mission as they were always busy.

The resort organise a daily bus trip into Playa de las Americas which was good but the bus leaves bang on 10am and doesn't come back till 5pm which is a bit of a long day. It would be better if the buses were more frequent. It's only when you get there do you realise how isolated you really are. If you're a big sun worshipper and don't like to venture too far then this is a great place to go. The occasional breeze from the sea is very welcome but I understand some people didn't like it. 3 words for them... ARE YOU CRAZY? It keeps you cool :-)

The staff in the resort were very lovely, very attentive and always smiling. The advertised entertainment for each night was totally disappointing. I didn't see any entertainment the full time I was there. I would've liked to have seen some night entertainment and some during the day but instead they kept playing the same mundane music over and over again. Playing a bit of music for all age groups and quizzes through out the day would've been good and would have got people involved. I've been to many a resort and always found the entertainment to be 1st class and I would expect no less from a 5 star. Buck up your ideas guys as you need to bring people in especially when you're in the middle of no where

Room Tip: Go for room A038 as its a sun trap in the afternoon. Come 3pm the balcony is a little haven...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank NikNikScotland
Dear guest,
In the name of Sandos San Blas Nature Resort & Golf we would like to give you many thanks for taking your time and writing a review about your experience here with us.
It is our delight you to share all warm and personal comments about your stay in our hotel, especially regarding the rooms, toiletries, the short transfer from the airport, the plentiful food and the hotel staff that is always ready to serve you with a smile.
We are very glad you found the “secret beach” and at the same time we are would like to inform you that since two weeks ago, the shuttle bus to playa de las Américas leaves at 10h and 15h and comes back at 14h and 18h every day, so there are more options.
Also we would like to explain that if any extra towel or pillow or whatever is needed, you just have to call the reception desk.
Once again thank you very much for your warm expressions and suggestions, and let me invite you to visit our website and book your next holiday at the best price.
We are looking forward to seeing you here at the Sandos San Blas Nature Resort & Golf again soon.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

This is the third time I have been to this hotel, twice with my family and once with my friend. On every occasion I have had a wonderful time. There is more than enough food to choose from in the restaurant, where they seem to cater for every eventuality. The staff are very friendly and helpful. The rooms are spacious and well thought out.
I think, if you read some if the reviews for this hotel, they may put you off, it all depends on what you want out of a holiday, if you have children you are not going to have a peaceful time, if you are a couple/ friends you can avoid the children's activities etc and have plenty of peace and quiet.

This hotel caters for your needs whatever you want.

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank SasC123
Dear guest,
In the name of the Sandos San Blas we would like to thank you for taking your time and writing a review about your last experience here with us.
We get a lot of pleasure out of reading all your warm and personal remarks, particularly regarding our hard working staff, the rooms as well as the quality & variety of the food prepared to your taste. We are really glad you spent your holiday with us three times and we hope that you are coming back again next year.
For your fourth time we would like to invite you to visit our website and book your next holiday at the best price.
All our staff is looking forward to seeing you here at the Sandos San Blas Nature Resort & Golf again soon.

Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

As I type this we have only a few hours left in this lovely resort. Myself and a girlfriend have spent five days here. We stayed in a suite and it is well worth treating yourself to if you can afford it. Two rooms, with air con and ceiling fans. The food is certainly the best buffet food I have had for a long time, with the areas cordoned off for adults being a special touch. We ate in the a la carte and really enjoyed the attentive service and menu. My friend has to have a gluten free menu and they were very particular to ensure that she had excellent food and even baked her her own gluten free bread roll. We decided not to venture out of the hotel as we were only away on a short break, but there is very little in the area, the main benefit being the close proximity of the airport. Within half an hour of landing we were in our room and heading towards the bar- mainly due to the fact the pilot had to abort our landing first time round due to high winds- rather exciting....
People have mentioned that the resort suffers from strong wind. I suspect that this is seasonal rather than constant because we did not experience any such issues. The pools are excellent although my personal preference is not to use salt water pools. There are a couple of large pools which are fine. In terms of getting about the resort, we found it very easy to get our bearings- there are slopes next to all the stairs so any pushchairs or wheelchairs- and there were a few, would not have any challenges.
Most return flights are in the evening and the hotel are quite fussy about leaving the room at the assigned time. We asked for the use of another to extend our stay in the sun and after a little persuasion they agreed. It is worth doing because you retain the all inclusive benefits and don't have to wait for a 30 minute slot in a room used by other guests.
Other reviewers have mentioned the food. There is a very extensive selections, UK sauces in plentiful supply for those who cannot cope without them, and in my humble opinion not at all odd. They clearly do what most hotels do and minimise waste by using their leftovers, but it is always immaculately presented.
The entertainment is typical for an all inclusive resort.....the children seemed to love the well tried and tested approach of getting up on stage and dancing to naff english songs....the best adult entertainment was the Beatles tribute band. If you want a more chilled out evening then try the lobby bar with a beautiful balcony.
We would definitely return....

Room Tip: The suites are well worth the extra.....
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank HampshireCouple10
Dear guest,

We are sincerely very grateful to read all your positive and very personal remarks with respect to your stay in our hotel. It is our pleasure to read that the hotel facilities together with the quality and variety of the food (gluten free included) and the service of our staff made your stay so enjoyable that you feel like returning.
By means of this let me invite you to visit our website to book your next holiday at the best price. We are looking forward seeing you here at the Sandos San Blas Nature Resort & Golf again soon.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

This resort is ideal for a relaxing break, with friendly staff and all the facilities you need you really can just unwind and enjoy ..
We were greeted by Jonathan who was friendly, helpful and went out of his way to make sure our holiday got off to a good start! The room was great, very luxurious with all the amenities, lots of space and a lovely view of the sea. The food was amazing, a great buffet with fresh fish, salad, meats, Bbq and lots of it! Breakfast. lunch, dinner and afternoon snacks were always fantasic buffets that really didnt get boring! The staff were always on hand to make sure we were well looked after nothing was too much trouble. Evening entertainment was on each night which varied from dance shows to comedy and always something for the little ones on early eve which was ncie.. I would highly recommed the sandos san blas resort its great for couples and families and perfect for a relaxing escape

Room Tip: sea view rooms are ideal
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Heidi C
Dear guest,
First of all, in the name of Sandos San Blas Nature Resort & Golf let me thank you for taking your time and writing a review about your experience here with us.
We appreciate very much all your warm and personal comments with regard to our services, particularly to the rooms, amenities, the variety and quality of the food prepared to your taste and above all our hotel staff. We all are very pleased to make your stay with us as enjoyable as possible.
It is our real pleasure to get to know you spent such a fantastic time here that you highly recommend our hotel for a perfect relaxing escape. Hereby, we would like to take this opportunity to invite you to our website to book your next holiday at the best price.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

I read the reviews for this hotel a long time before I booked this. I don't normally like all inclusive holidays as I prefer to visit different restaurants and a little variation... Also I had a bad experience in Egypt with the food so I am wary now.

I am so pleased with my final choice!

It is literally 5 minutes from the airport (11 euros in a taxi from outside the airport).

Reception check is was quick and they led us to the bar for a drink whilst we were waiting for our room to be cleaned. They called my mobile as soon as it was ready and led us down to the room.

Rooms were massive, we overlooked the pool and were in A Block on first floor. Great views and great room. Always clean with fresh sheets and a large bathroom. I agree that towels could possibly be renewed but not a big issue.

WIFI was great as I had to keep in touch with work whilst out here and never had an issue getting online in any area of the hotel.

Food really was excellent. So much choice... I always had the freshly made (to your liking) omelettes in the morning - they were amazing.

I often had the salad selection (which was vast) for lunch and delicious and dinners were different every night. I would say the least favourite cuisine was the Italian but hey, I could go to Italy! The Mexican, Chinese, English and carriean was really great! I am not a fish lover but I heard that I was amazing also.

The a la carte was amazing, we went twice!

And the good news was I was not sick once!

The evening entertainment was good although the kids club was on between dinner and adult entertainment and they dance to the same songs every night which got a little annoying so we often left straight after dinner.

We went to a little square to the right (out of the gate) and had some drinks for a change of scenery. Although the wine and prosecco in the all inclusive was great quality.

It was very windy for a couple of days but I welcomed this as it was very hot. The planes do fly over but we both quite enjoyed watching them.

The sunbirds were comfy and the pools lovely. The staff were great and very attentive. We tipped well!

All in all... We would definitely return and would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013
5 Thank Jlm303
Dear guest,
First of all, in the name of Sandos San Blas Nature Resort & Golf, we would like express our many thanks for taking your time and writing a review about your experience here with us.
It is our great delight you to share all warm and personal remarks about your stay in our hotel, particularly regarding the rooms, cleanliness, free Wi-fi, quality and chine of food & drinks, the short transfer from the airport and our hotel staff that has been willingly at your disposal to meet your requirements and make your holiday enjoyable.
We get a lot of pleasure reading that you would definitely return and would recommend this hotel, it makes us feel our hard work is worth as well as obliged to keep on doing our best to maintain the same standards and, of course, a great value for money.
Let us take this opportunity to invite you to visit our website to book your next holiday at the best price.
We look forward to seeing you here at the Sandos San Blas Nature Resort & Golf again soon.

Lytham St Annes, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

Great hotel,

Location - only 10 minutes coach ride from the airport, we were the first drop off which was good. Planes do fly over the hotel but you soon get used to them and don't impact the holiday.

Food - fantastic food, all tasted great, even the strange looking deserts are all worth a try (and again all tasted superb). It can get a bit repetitive but I think the vast amount of choice put on each night / dinner doesn't help, if the number of dishes were reduced and varied frequently then I don't think this would be a problem, you just need to discipline yourself to vary your own meals.

Al-acarte, nice meal but wasn't really our taste, as quite a few of the courses were fish based. Wouldn't worry too much if you can't get a booking.

Rooms - very nice, always very clean, we had a room overlooking the lake which wasn't as nice as the pools however you did get afternoon sun.

Pool - always clean and tidy, you can always get loungers however there were a few people which did let the place down by putting towels on loungers and only using them for about half an hour a day!

Drinks - fantastic selection, tasted great and loved the ability to help yourself to soft drinks, water and slushes.

Location - nothing really around the hotel complex, if you do go for a walk outside of the resort, I would turn right out of the gates as there is plenty more little shops then when going left.

Gym - the hotel does have one! not wildly known, has modern technogym runner, cross trainer, bicycle, multi-gym weights area. very good for a hotel abroad!

When completing the leaving questionnaire we did struggle to answer questions about worst parts of the hotel and how they could improve. We would definitely return if we just want a relaxing / do nothing holiday. Don't listen to any negative reviews, some people you can never please!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank MarkSingleton1985
Dear guest,
In the name of Sandos San Blas Nature Resort & Golf, we would like to give you many thanks for taking your time and writing a review about your experience here with us.
It is our real pleasure to read all your positive statements about your stay in our hotel, remarkably about the facilities, rooms, swimming pools, gym, food & drinks, cleanliness and our hotel staff, making all together a place that you would consider as “a great hotel for a relaxing holiday”.
We are very pleased to get to know you enjoyed your time here with us that you recommend our hotel to all the readers of Trip Advisor. On this occasion let us invite you to visit our website to book your next holiday at the best price.

Also consider these accommodations in or near San Miguel de Abona
#2 of 4 in Golf del Sur
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,548 reviews
Vincci Seleccion La Plantacion del Sur
Hotel Botanico & The Oriental Spa Garden
Hotel Botanico & The Oriental Sp...
#2 of 80 in Puerto de la Cruz
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,492 reviews
Santa Barbara Golf & Ocean Club
Santa Barbara Golf & Ocean Club
#3 of 14 in San Miguel de Abona
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,900 reviews

Been to Sandos San Blas Nature Resort & Golf? Share your experiences!