Sandos San Blas Nature Resort & Golf
  • Beachfront
$99
$89
  • Restaurant
Hotel Emblematico 4 Esquinas(San Miguel de Abona)
$79
  • Restaurant
Muthu Royal Park Albatros(San Miguel de Abona)
$64
$43
Priceline
  • Pool
Santa Barbara Golf & Ocean Club by Diamond Resorts(San Miguel de Abona)(Great Value!)
$52
$48
Priceline
  • Restaurant
Grand Muthu Golf Plaza Hotel and Spa(San Miguel de Abona)(Great Value!)
$86
$63
Cancelon
  • Restaurant
Aparthotel Green Park(Golf del Sur)
$57
  • Pool
Hotel Rural San Miguel(San Miguel de Abona)
TripAdvisor
Casa Rural Tamaide(San Miguel de Abona)
5,256 results
All reviewsa la carte restaurantnature reservelobby barla proaadult only areasboating lakesan blasclimbing walljacuzzi bathadult only poolbranded drinksveallos abrigosmain restaurantlunch and dinnerall inclusive resortevening entertainment
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Stayed here 16 th June for a week. We had a great holiday! We were inspired to book here following a great holiday in the Sandos lanzarote last year. The hotel is about ten minutes from the airport- look to the right when your plane is landing you can see the hotel. Some people complained about the planes being so close to the hotel but you could hardly hear them & we found it quite interesting to watch!

Check in was swift, a porter guided you to your room. Complex seems never ending but you quickly get your bearings! Our room was in the LB block overlooking the lake- amazing room with a huge balcony set over the water. Rooms very nicely decorated and equipped. Bathroom amazing! Separate loo and shower cubicle and jacuzzi bath! Free aloe Vera toiletries.

Food was great, buffet style. Always found loads to eat at every meal. Went to the al la carte one night and really enjoyed it! Plenty of bars and a very good all inclusive.

Lots of pools to choose from, 2 heated and 2 adults only. Even though it was v windy the pools were fine when you got in! Always plenty of sunbeds but the no reserving rule was not enforced. Ideal for a sunbathing holiday as there is not a lot in resort to do. Los abrigos is largely residential and san blas is small. We went on the free bus to playa las Americas which was good but be prompt as it leaves dead on 5pm!

2  Thank eurocityhopper
subdireccionsanblas, Deputy Manager at Sandos San Blas Nature Resort & Golf, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2013

Dear guests,

In the name of Sandos San Blas Nature Resort & Golf we would like to give you many thanks for taking your time and writing a review about your experience here with us.
We are sincerely very pleased you to share such warm and personal comments about your stay in our hotel and at the same time it obliged us to keep on working hard to maintain our guest´s satisfaction.
It will be our real pleasure to welcome you among us again. Hereby let me take this occasion to encourage you to visit our website and book your next stay at the best price.
All our staff is looking forward to seeing you here at the Sandos San Blas Nature Resort & Golf soon.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

We stayed here for 10 nights from May 18th to May 28th. I had previously emailed the hotel to request a room on a high floor in block A (as I understood these rooms to get the afternoon sun). On arrival we were allocated room 284 in block B. I expressed my disappointment but to no avail. We asked if there were any other rooms available and were told that the hotel was full. It was some hike from reception, and as I have mobility issues I just let my husband and the bell boy go ahead and waited until hubby returned for me. The one positive was that the room was not too far from the restaurant. As we arrived late in the evening we went straight for something to eat and then went back to our room as I was really tired.

The next morning we were woken quite early to find that workmen were installing windows on the open corridors near to our room. Apparently this work was being undertaken due to the problems with the wind. The noise was awful and I was upset that the hotel had not even left us a note to say that the work would be taking place. On day five we went back to our room to find that housekeeping had left our patio door open. We heard noises on the balcony next door and found that workmen were busy painting out there. As we only had a hip height dividing wall we were not very happy about this. We couldn't use our balcony as it was in constant shade and it was like a wind tunnel.

The room was as previously described by others. Very well appointed with a nice bathroom, separate shower and loo, and lovely toiletries provided. The towels were so small and thin they should really be replaced. The pool towels were quite large and easily changed at reception when necessary. The beds were as hard as rocks and I requested a mattress topper. What I got was something resembling a duvet, still it was better than nothing!

It was extremely windy for the first 7 days to the point where we just sat on the balcony of the lobby bar and read or went on the internet. There was absolutely no pleasure in sitting around a pool with a cardigan on, chasing your towels as they blew off the lounger if you moved! Even the last three days were windy but not to the same degree. I have come to the conclusion that people who are at the hotel when it is windy definitely have a different view of their holiday to folks who are there during blazing sunshine and only a little wind!

We went to book the bus to PLA and I told the receptionist that we just needed to get away from the hotel for a while. She asked me why and I explained about the disappointment with room, the door being left open and the noise from the workmen. (As I lie down on an afternoon this was big deal to me although I am conscious that work has to be carried out). She went into an office and came back with the assistant manager who asked me what the problem was. Apparently he had been away and had not known about the work starting. He very kindly upgraded us and moved us to a room on the lake which was much more peaceful and was much less windy due to the way it was positioned. The last five days of the holiday were more relaxed as we could sit on our balcony without feeling cold!

The restaurant is well set up and has areas specifically for families and adults. I have nothing against children (mine are now grown up) but it is nice to have your meal in peace! The food was decent enough but there was a major concentration on fish. Unfortunately the only fish I eat is salmon and this did not feature at all in the buffet restaurant. However, I always managed to find something to eat. The one thing that really aggravated me was the lack of saucers at breakfast. If you were in early when the tables were first set you got a cup and saucer but if you were there later there were no saucers. I hate just a cup on the table and didn't think this was worthy of a five star hotel.

We had one meal in La Proa which felt very rushed. I had the duck salad, a salmon fish course, the chicken and a volcano dessert. The chicken was supposed to be chicken breast but it was more like bits of chicken thigh and was slimy and horrible. I couldn't eat it. The buffet food was much better. Don't feel like you are missing any special if you can't get booked for La Proa, you are not.

The drinks menu is quite comprehensive but be aware that cocktails are pre mixed and are sugary sweet. Hubby was delighted to find Jim Bean available on the AI menu!

The staff in the lobby bar are lovely and work very hard. Unfortunately the guy playing the clarinet (or whatever instrument it was) with backing music was very boring night after night. We only went to the main entertainment room a couple of times. We watched the Beatles tribute which was quite good and I can't remember what was on the second time but we only stayed a few mins as we couldn't get a seat. It was also rather loud for us!

All the staff are very pleasant and helpful and they work really hard. Housekeeping was of an excellent standard.

The hotel can't do anything about the wind and I fully appreciate that. However, when I had read reviews that mentioned it I thought folks were being a bit over the top in complaining about a bit of wind. Having experienced seven full days of non stop wind I can tell you truly that I would not return to this hotel purely because of this. Without doubt it spoiled our holiday. It is such a shame that the hotel is located where it is, although I appreciate that they can't control the wind! I can honestly say that the planes didn't bother us at all and we quite enjoyed watching them come in.

I must mention the eco tour. My husband went on this and thought it was excellent. He said it was well worth the €7.50. There is a guy outside the restaurant that you book with and the cost is charged to your room. The experience starts inside the hotel with some themed exhibits then goes outside to the nature reserve and eventually comes back to the museum in the hotel. Allow at leat 1hr 30 mins for this.

We went to PLA on the hotel bus which leaves at 10.00am. The change in temperature (and the lack of wind) was immediately noticeable as soon as we got off the bus! We did a bit of shopping and had some lunch in a beachfront restaurant. It was lovely not to have to battle with the wind! The bus returns to the hotel at 5.0pm which was too late for us so we got a taxi back (€20 in tip). As my hubby opened the taxi door the wind nearly took it off! It's so hard to believe that from one resort to another only 15 mins away there can be such variation in the weather.

Something else to be aware of is that you must leave a credit card imprint in case you charge anything to your room. A lady we spoke to said she didn't have a card with her and had to leave €100 in cash as a deposit which she got back on checkout.

We will certainly try the Sandos chain of hotels again at some time in the future, but sadly we wouldn't return to the San Blas for no other reason than the wind!

This review has been delayed due to me having been in hospital. Please feel free to message me with any questions. I have been as honest as I can with my review, but all opinions are subjective to the person providing them!

Deaconblue

Room Tip: Try requesting a room on the lake (less windy) or a high floor in block A.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Deaconblue

Dear guest,
In the name of the Sandos San Blas Nature Resort & Golf let me thank you for taking your time to write a review about your experience here with us.
We are very pleased to read all your kind comments and personal suggestions that make us obliged to keep on improving our services day by day.
At the same time we would like to thank you for mentioning our exceptional nature reserve tour. Hereby we would like to invite all our future guests to take this unique opportunity to visit a spectacular moonscape of the Environmental Reserve with our guided tour full of surprises while staying with us.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

I'm going to do it as you need it. Rooms with seabirds don't bother cause you don't need it, the deluxe are bigger and worth having but if you don't need to spend extra on em save it in your pocket. Clean yes, rooms very clean everyday. Pools great but not deep enough to really swim in. If you up between 8/10 you can get a good sun lounger spot with brollies, if not you may struggle. There is plenty of room to move around though. Pool bars ok but no waiter service so not a 5 star as it says. Remember it's not Mexico or further away and the Spanish don't work for you like other nations do, they work to there pace and rule. Restaurant is not open 24/7 and meals are a bit same old and regimental. I would save the money for the sea view and spend it at gullivers, great food and a drink in a big( normal sized glass).Entertainment doesn't exist, unless you want to listen to a piano man playing in front of the tv. Also you can watch people realising they are over dressed for the night. Area has great weather and can get windy and no beach at San blas but if you want one just get on a bus and you will find one. Overall great holiday weather, food keeps you alive and full but it's a bit like a military cookhouse. Drinks too small and a bit sweet. No mozzies, couple of cockroaches passing and wind blowing people's brollies into passing swimmers but on the whole good hotel. Just add another themed restaurant not just an ala small portion one.

1  Thank Mntandbnc

Dear guest,
In the name of Sandos Blas Nature Resort & Golf we would like to thank you for taking your time and writing a review about your experience here with us.
Thank you for your positive comments and suggestions, they all are really helpful to keep on improving, we will take very good care with the baby chairs.
Concerning your comment “Remember it's not Mexico or further away and the Spanish don't work for you like other nations do, they work to their pace and rule” we would like to remind you that Spain is world known as one of the firsts Nations in the tourism industry, and that is just because of the professionalism of the service provided and just by reading our hotel reviews, every reader could realise that our staff´s feedback is extremely positive for both reasons, their friendliness and for being hard workers.
Once again, thank you very much for your comments and suggestions which make us obliged to keep on improving our services day by day.

Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

We enjoyed our holiday at Sandos San Blas and booking it through the monarch website we got a good deal. The positives- cleanliness, pool areas, quality of food, standard of spec in rooms, staff (but not all shared a smile), and free Wi Fi throughout hotel
Why it's not a 5 star- the distance apart everything is (not suitable for people with walking difficulties, location as there is nothing around hotel as in bars and restuarants. Only one other restuarant which was the a la carte were u could only go once and was fully booked right throughout our stay, usually 5 star hotels have more than 2 restuarants. No dressing table in the rooms which was not acceptable.
Overall a 4 star hotel

4  Thank MonkeyMonsoon

Dear guest,
We are very pleased to read all your kind comments and suggestions that make us obliged to keep on improving our services day by day.
It would be our real pleasure to welcome you among us again. Hereby let me take this opportunity to invite you to visit our website to book your next holiday at the best price.
We are looking forward to seeing you here at the Sandos San Blas Nature Resort & Golf again soon.

Reviewed June 28, 2013

I stayed here for seven nights on the 7th June. We booked a suite which was lovely but the deluxe rooms would have sufficed. The transfer was very quick as we are the end of the runway! The planes were not a problem, only on Tuesday & Friday when there was a frequency around midnight and felt as if they were going to land on your balcony but this was not a problem.

Food & drink plentiful with international brands and the white wine was delicious and you got the same throughout so no chance of mixing your drinks. Service from reception to bars & restaurant was second to none. A very special mention to Christina who was part of the animation team, she was so bubbly and even got my husband playing bingo which is a first!!

My only complaint and I know this cannot be rectified was the wind, it was unbearable at times, luckily our balcony got afternoon sun (block B looking sideways onto the lake) which was a huge bonus. I have been to Lanzarote & Fuerteventura and you expect the wind but not like Los Abrigos.

We did a lot of walking and the surrounding areas were spotless and everyone very friendly. A 15 minute walk will take you to selection of bars & restaurants and a few souvenir shops. We went out on a few nights for a change of scenery. The entertainment at the hotel was outside and it was cold & windy. On our last night they moved inside and said this would continue until the end of June.

All in all we had a lovely stay, would we go back? probably not due to the wind and also a big world out there but would recommend to couples and families with small children.

Room Tip: Block B overlooking the lake.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank travelbug59
subdireccionsanblas, Deputy Manager at Sandos San Blas Nature Resort & Golf, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2013

Dear guest,
We are very pleased to read all your kind comments about your stay here with us, particularly regarding our hotel staff that has been willingly at your disposal to make your stay an enjoyable experience.
Hopefully see you here at the Sandos San Blas Nature Resort & Golf again soon.