When I first came across this hotel I have to be honest and say that I wasn't particularly inspired (until I read the feedback) and I think this is because the hotel is designed to be incongruous and to fit into the natural environment. It prides itself on being eco-friendly and the style and design reflects this ethos in every way. It is not white and 'showy' like most holiday hotels, it's earthy tones don't create that 'wow' factor, well not in photographs anyway but it is not lacking on any level when you are there. There is no compromise on luxury or comfort but things are simplistic and elegant and in keeping with their surroundings and I actually fell in love with the earthly tones. When you stand outside the resort, you can see how well it fits into the surrounding landscape and how the five pools echo the winding pathway of a river running to the sea.
This is a superb hotel complex providing excellent accommodation and facilities. We booked their basic standard room which they called a 'deluxe' for a very good reason. The room was very spacious with 2 wonderfully comfortable double beds and lovely fresh cotton sheets. The bathroom was super too with a great spa bath and 2 sinks. I think this may well be one of the nicest hotel rooms we have ever had the pleasure to experience. Also, the rooms and the complex were kept spotlessly clean!
There are plenty of swimming pools (5 I think?) but if you want to be picky, they were not that big and it would have been nice to have a large pool to do some serious swimming in but in the end we found the middle pool by the bar to be ok (not least of all for the pool heating) although the shape did mean that you had to zig zag a bit!
The only really disappointing bit for me was the food although I guess it was typical for an all inclusive resort but if I am honest I do have a discerning palette and enjoy my A la carte style food so I guess you need to bear in mind that food, like art is a very personal thing, it all comes down to taste and there did seem to be plenty of people around me who looked very happy. Occasionally they served up a really nice dish but I felt you really had to search for it or try a few out beforehand which is easy enough when everything is included but not so good for the waistline! To be fair though, they were actually very good with their meat stews but half of the salad bar came out of a tin which I found incredibly disappointing. However, towards the end of our stay I learnt that this is in fact how the locals enjoy their salads, apparently they don't like everything fresh like we do in England so I guess this may be an unfair criticism and maybe it is just down to individual taste as I said earlier. However, the saving grace for us was the A la carte restaurant 'La Proa' which each guest staying more than 5 days can enjoy free for one evening only but the food was really excellent so well worth doing! The portions are generous and 3 courses are provided, combined with a basket of bread and an appetiser so if you do go, I would strongly suggest you have a very light lunch! We did pay to eat there again and for 26 Euros each we thought this was very reasonable but it was a shame the menu only had 3 choices otherwise we would have eaten in there a few more times!
The Reception staff were excellent, very friendly and very helpful. We did have to complain about the first room we were given, not for anything directly relating to the room because it was as good as the one we changed it for but it was next to the service elevator/cleaners cupboard so in the early morning all we heard was the door constantly banging every few minutes and it was very loud! I can't help thinking that if they were to install a soft door closer the problem would be sorted? Anyway, we were fortunate that the hotel was not full and were able to move so we ended up having a wonderful holiday and would definitely go back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sandos San Blas Nature Resort & Golf All Inclusive is located in the San Blas Enviromental Reserve, beside two golf courses and seafront. The bedrooms are spacious with a terrace and have bathroom with bath tub, shower and hairdryer. Every guest room is soundproof, and offers satellite TV, stereo, Internet connection, minibar (extra charge), air conditioned, safe, phone and free WiFi. The complex has eight pools, a gym and a terrace with loungers and umbrellas, as well as two poolside bars. It also has aqua-aerobics, spa and sauna. The reception is 24 hour, and offers safe and currency exchange. The hotel also has a cafe-bar, a newspaper stand, a hair salon, a night club, a theater, a TV room, a restaurant, a conference room, free WiFi connection room, room service, laundry service (extra charge), a playground and free parking. Separate activities are organized for kids and adults alike. The hotel offers tennis (extra charge), ping-pong, beach volley, golf (extra charge), biking and aerobics classes. You can also row on the property's lake. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Sandos San Blas Nature Resort & Golf reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandos San Blas Hotel Reserva Ambiental And Golf
- Sandos San Blas Nature Resort & Golf Tenerife, Spain