“nice one”

Sandos San Blas Nature Resort & Golf
Reviewed January 21, 2013

stayed at this hotel in august , one of the nicest hotels ever stayed at , every thing from room, food and service was brilliant every body catered for from young to old , brilliant , will be back hopefully this year very much reccomended

Room Tip: nothing to say exept brilliant all rooms we saw were great
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank ferguson562
subdireccionsanblas, Deputy Manager at Sandos San Blas Nature Resort & Golf, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2013

Dear guest,
In the name of Sandos San Blas Nature Resort & Golf we would like to thank you for taking your time to write a review about your recent experience here with us.
We appreciate very much your complimentary remarks with regards to our hotel, they mean a lot to us and let us know that our daily hard work really worth.
Hereby let us encourage you to visit our website and book your next holiday at the best price.
We are looking forward to seeing you here at the Sandos San Blas Nature Resort & Golf again soon.

Deputy Hotel Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (5,051)

Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

This is by a long way the best hotel I have ever been to!
Rooms
Big rooms with the most amazing bathrooms also there is a bubble bath!
FOOD
the variety of food is fantastic no mater what nationality you are the chefs are more than happy to help you out and the service from the waiters is top draw!

The activities done it for me there is always something to do! If you are a bloke like me who can't sunbath for long this is definatly the place for you!

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Lewis7423

Dear guest,
In the name of Sandos San Blas Nature Resort & Golf we would like to give you many thanks for taking your time and writing a review about your experience here with us.
We do sincerely appreciate you to compliment us your warm comments, and we think that them all can be summarized into your sentence: “This is by a long way the best hotel I have ever been to!”.
We would like to take this opportunity to invite you to our website and book your next holiday at the best price.

Reviewed January 19, 2013

A lovely resort for a peaceful and relaxing short break. Stunning modern design but I agree with the last reviewer it takes time to find your way around and at night the complex is subtly lit which means everything looks the same. Getting around in the dark was a challenge. The facility caters well for both families and couples and would be suitable for all age ranges if travelling as a family. The hotel is near to the airport for us this was a bonus as travelling with elderly parents. The planes didn’t cause that much intrusion as there were no night flights at this time of year.
This hotel is rated a 5* -I wouldn’t say it is but it is a really good 4* hotel when compared to UK standards. The rooms are clean and well maintained, with dressing gowns, and the pool towels are provided in the room.
If a hotel gets a 5* rating my view is they need to provide ALL amenities and a more individual and tailored holiday experience: The bare minimum for a 5* to me would be..
• Tea and Coffee facilities, it’s a long walk to the bar areas from your room.
• Stocked mini bar
• A choice of pillows
• Egyptian cotton sheets
• Comfier mattresses
• Option of 4 poster beds
• Private terrace with sun loungers
• Individually styled rooms etc etc …
That said the bars and pool areas are clean and the AI option really was that with a very wide variety of drinks (including cocktails) and food available so well worth it.
Buffet food was great really fresh and with a wide selection at every meal. Anyone who can’t find something to eat must have a very limited palate. Having said that the ‘A la carte’ restaurant was a real let down. I definitely wouldn’t have paid to eat here. The service was average and it’s really just a Table d'hôte set up. We were only on a 5 day stay and got a free visit but don’t bother unduly as you’re not missing much. This was the only blip really in what otherwise was a very enjoyable stay.
The rooms are clean and comfy and the staff were all friendly and helpful. Check in was efficient and friendly I had to ask for the wifi key so not sure if they offer this unless you do ask.
The free shuttle service to Playa de las Americas (although one visit was enough for me!) is an added bonus but as with other islands I have visited I would strongly recommend car hire if you want to get out and about.
The sunbeds were plentiful and although the hotel was fairly full there didn’t seem to be a problem with availability although despite the signs we still noticed a few selfish die hards who got up early and bagged the more luxurious sun beds and hogged them all day even thou they weren’t using them. The hotel should adopt the approach I have seen elsewhere and routinely move belongings to a safe spot if the bed isn’t being used.
Overall this was a great spot for a short stay winter break with the average daily temp around 23c.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
7  Thank Jean M

Dear guest,

In the name of Sandos San Blas Nature Resort & Golf we would like to express our many thanks for taking your time and writing a review about your experience here with us.

We appreciate very much you to share your positive experience here with us and your recommendation of our hotel to our potential guest.
We would like to explain that yes, there are tea & coffee facilities, as well as a choice of pillows, just by contacting the reception desk, and the mini-bar can be stocked just by calling the room service. All the information about hotel services, wifi access included, it is available at the welcome letter that you get during your check-in.
We promise to keep on working hard to maintain our guest´s satisfaction.
We are looking forward to seeing you here in the Sandos San Blas Nature Resort & Golf again very soon.

Reviewed January 18, 2013

At last a 5* hotel which was just that. Everything about this hotel was exactly as described. 8 pools in all outdoor, 2 of which were heated and had a bar. Plenty of sunbeds, no need to reserve beds. The pool overlooking the beach was the lively one, they had aerobics in the pool and zumba plus salsa classes. I you wanted a quieter pool there were plenty more to choose from.

The food in the restaurant was excellent and there was always plenty of choice, with sweets to die for. Because we were there for 10 nights we were also allowed to visit the "A la Carte" restaurant twice which was also a lovely restaurant surrounded by a pool and very romantic in the moonlight.

There was plenty for children to do including a disco and all supervised by a great entertainment team. We enjoyed watching the children doing their special dances at the disco and this was followed by adult entertainment at 10 pm.

We did the nature walk which was really interesting although I moaned all the time because it was up and down steps the whole of the time and through volcanic valleys and quite rough terrain. Looking at the pictures outside the restaurant it shows a jeep and I got it into my head that it was a jeep safari but there was no sign of one. I'm almost 80 yrs old but with a bit of help up and down steps I managed so go and enjoy.

The bedrooms are lovely. We had a large jaccuzzi bath, a walk in shower and separate toilet and twin wash basins. We also had a large balcony overlooking a lake and there were canoe lessons on there from 4 till 5 pm which were quite entertaining and at times hilarious!

The only downside to the hotel is finding your room again every time you leave it! I suggest you either take a piece of chalk and mark your way back or a piece of string tied to your door! Our first night we went around for 45 minutes before we found our room so make sure you know your way before it gets dark! We used to see groups of people every night wandering up and down the complex, mostly laughing after having had a few dreinks and completely lost. Beware all the rooms and the areas are alike and it will take you a few days before you find the quickest route home..

We were there for 10 nights from the 6th Jan and enjoyed every minute of it. An expensive holiday for that time of year but worth every penny. Just go and enjoy it.

Room Tip: The rooms overlooking the lake are very nice and get sun from about 2pm.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
11  Thank dot190748
subdireccionsanblas, Deputy Manager at Sandos San Blas Nature Resort & Golf, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2013

Dear guest,
In the name of Sandos San Blas Nature Resort & Golf let me thank you for taking your time and writing a review about your experience here with us.
It is our pleasure to read all your positive expressions and very personal points of views about your stay in our hotel, particularly regarding the room, entertainment, our gourmet and romantic restaurant La Proa, the environmental reserve tour as well as the quality and selection of the food that we personally find one of the most important aspects of a nice holiday and so we really work hard to provide our clients with a wide variety to suit all tastes.
We really appreciate your recommendations of our hotel to our potential guests and at the same time we would like to take this opportunity to visit our website to book your next holiday at the best price. It will be our pleasure to see you here at the Sandos San Blas Nature Resort & Golf again soon.

Reviewed January 18, 2013

We have recently come back from spending Christmas at The Sandos San Blas Hotel - Tenerife. When I say we, I mean a group of 10 Adults (1 of them being elderly and disabled) & 2 Children. So as you can imagine, within a large group of people with a wide range of ages, there is normally a variety of things for people to complain about. Other than a few rude guests with their nostrils in the air inside the hotel (you always get those people that feel they are above everyone else though don’t you….) & the all-inclusive finishing at 11pm and maybe a couple of things that I would prefer to make the hotel 100% perfect for MY own complete satisfaction, there is nothing I can significantly moan about! We booked our holiday based on the reviews I read on here, so I thought it would be helpful to give you the best detailed review I can.

Tenerife South Airport - Please note if you are staying at San Blas, do not pre-book your transfers as they are ridiculously expensive. Its €12- €14 for a taxi to the hotel & it takes literally 10 minutes.

Journey to Hotel: Admittedly, the surrounding area of the hotel which you see during the taxi journey to the hotel is not 'all that.' It looks like an undeveloped area that hasn't yet been attacked by tourism and tacky shops. (Good or bad thing - each to their own) It's Tenerife in its natural form. Anyhow - please don't let this scenery get you downhearted unless you were hoping for Nightclubs, Restaurants & Shops along a dual carriageway! You will be travelling along the main road from the airport until you take the slip road to San Blas, here you will see the outskirts of the beautiful little town/village 'San Blas.' Please bear in mind you are travelling on the road side of the buildings so you can't see what's the other side. Never judge a book by its cover as they say.

Arrival: As we walked into the reception - we were greeted by the reception staff all welcoming us to Sandos San Blas. The staff were extremely friendly and welcoming, all smiling and saying hello. We were then given a detailed explanation of the hotel & all necessary information we would require for our stay by Mimi, along with a map & a welcome pack. During this, our luggage had all been loaded onto trolleys by members of staff who then proceeded to escort us to our rooms. Very efficient & quick check in. Reception Area was nice, clean and cool.

Please Note: I had contacted the hotel prior to our departure, to arrange for a mobility scooter for the Elderly Disabled person in our group, when we arrived this was ready and waiting for us in the reception, along with a wheelchair to use if we decided to take a taxi anywhere.

Rooms: Absolutely gorgeous rooms, they smelt lovely on opening the door, really spacious & beautifully decorated to a high spec. The beds were lovely and big, very comfortable, with a variety of extra different shaped pillows. The bathrooms were luxury, his & her sinks, and a whirlpool bath in the main bathroom area, then you have 2 frosted glass cubicles, 1 with his & her toilet & the other with a massive shower that has a rain-shower type head and there is also a handheld shower also if required. There is also a handheld shower on the whirlpool bath, so it's brilliant if you wish to have a bath and need to wash your hair. You're given all your usual bathroom compliments (Soap, Shampoo, Conditioner, Toothbrush/paste, Shaving Kit, Sewing Kit, Comb etc.) but I must admit, I tried the shower gel and it smelt like I'd rolled in grass (LOL - With it being a nature resort, I presume this may be why.) The walls of the bathroom are glass, but there are sliding doors around the outside of the bathroom for you to close for privacy (No - one can see in with these closed) we were given Room 227; the balcony has a good view of the resort and of the pool bar. (No sea view on this one.) Balcony chairs are nice, big & comfortable. Our party also required 1 disabled room for the elderly person in our group, they were given Room 216. This had an open plan bathroom/wet-room, and please take note that the disabled rooms don't have the glass walls around the bathroom. This room had a much better balcony than ours as it had no enclosed wall limiting your view, it has a nice private volcanic rock garden. We occupied 4 rooms in the hotel and all of them have flat screen Samsung TV's with a good variety of channels. Free WIFI available all around the hotel.

Room Cleaning: Every day the maids cleaned our room & every time it smelt as fresh as when we first walked in. Beds made, any clothing left lying on the sofa was folded neatly. Bathrooms all efficiently cleaned. In previous reviews I had read that the rooms weren't cleaned well & they were dusty, when shining a bright light on some of the wooden shelves in the room you can see tiny specs of dust/fluff, it's the same as when you polish at home, then 10 minutes later you can see a couple of tiny specs or something. The last thing you can really call these rooms is dirty. Also we noticed, walking from room to room in the corridors with no shoes on, our feet weren't even slightly dirty! One thing I wish I had seen in a review though is that if you require your bed sheets or towels to be changed then you need to leave the special card on your pillow (you will find this card on your beside table.) As it's an Eco hotel they like to let you decide when you want your sheets & towels washed. If you don't - they won't get changed! The SAFE is free, you will find slippers & nightgowns in the wardrobe, one is bigger than the other (his & hers.)

Hotel Layout & Pool Areas: OK, so at first it may seem a bit confusing how to get to different parts of the hotel, but it's not really hard to learn which lift to go to or which flight of stairs to walk down. Once you've done it once it's not really rocket science. The hotel itself is a massive complex but once you have familiarized yourself with the layout, you will find its quicker to take the steps to places rather than the slopes. This is an ideal place for people using wheelchairs/scooters, people with prams etc. as there is always a route for everyone to access the same areas of the hotel & pools. The only part of the resort that does not have disabled access is the Nature Reserve. We didn't visit the mini disco so I can't comment on that. There are 8 different pool areas and we never struggled to get a sunbed which was nice. We would usually arrive at the pool at around 11am and always managed to get a group of sunbeds together for all of us. You do have the usual people who get up at 6am to reserve beds, but it's seriously not necessary. You have choices between the hot or cold pools, and some are more salted than the others. I preferred to be by the heated pool where the water aerobics takes place - this being the infinity pool. It does seem a bit quiet down the pool area at times and ideally they could do with putting some relaxing music on in the background but that's not to everyone's taste, so take your iPod & headphones if you wish to listen to music. It's quite funny to watch the ladies selling the beach clothing though, they perform a full on modelling show with the clothing and blast out some Spanish music whilst doing so. It gets quite a good atmosphere/feeling going down the pool anyway. There is also an adult’s only pool at the bottom of the resort near the A La Carte Restaurant. Near this area you will also find the climbing wall/tennis courts/volleyball etc. To appreciate the full extent of the layout of this place you really need to have a good walk around and have a look at everything it has to offer. The lake is beautiful, kayaking looks like good fun and there is also a play park for younger children.

Restaurant/Pool Bar & Lobby: Delicious! I really can't think of anything negative to say about the food. Breakfast you had Bacon, Eggs, Sausage, Beans, Toast, Cereals, Pancakes, Fruit, Ham & Various Cold Meats, Cheeses (pretty much everything you would ever have for breakfast to be fair) all the foods are regularly monitored and replaced with fresh – this was consistent every meal time throughout the day. Lunch time you had 3 or 4 different types of meat to choose from, Chicken or Turkey, Pork, Beef, Steak/Veal, then there would always be 3 or 4 different types of fish. Vegetables, salads, rice, pizzas, Soups, pasta etc. A massive selection of deserts and ice-creams. From 4pm-5pm the restaurant serves hotdogs, chips, chicken nuggets, cheese, ham, onions, salad & deserts. Evening Meal: Again, 3 or 4 different meats, 3 or 4 different fish, Stews, Soups, Pizzas, Pasta, Veg, Rice, Salads, Fruit, Deserts etc. There was never one meal time during our whole stay that any of us were stuck for finding something nice to eat, if anything we struggled with choice. All of the meats & foods I tried were really yummy, full of flavour and of good quality. Not cheap fatty nasty stuff you would expect in an All Inclusive hotel. I read on previous reviews people moaning about the waitress service for drinks in the restaurant. The waiters/waitresses take your order for your first drink, you drink that, keep your glass and if you want more then help yourself! There are drinks machines located in each area of the restaurant, so no matter where you sit you will always be no further than 15 steps from a drink machine! You will also find in all of the bars, there is a help yourself hot drink machine, which serves tea, coffee, hot chocolate etc. You can also ask for hot drinks at the bar and they will make them for you in China cups, but then you can't leave the bar area. All of the bar staff are friendly, and definitely make sure you have a hot chocolate with cream from the lobby bar! There's a menu telling you what drinks are available on AI, some top shelf, Malibu, Jim Beam, Cava, Yagermeister etc. I have also seen in previous reviews, people moaning about the plastic cups, if you sit in the bar areas you can have glass/china cups, but if you wish to walk across the pool area then it's for safety purposes why they provide you with plastic cups. They use 2 types of plastic cups, I noticed they tend to give the kids the flimsy plastic cups, the same ones that are used for the slush puppy’s. Then there was a thicker much sturdier plastic cup that was used for the adults & alcoholic drinks. Does it REALLY matter though? Use a straw! Fair enough beer drinkers to moan, but any normal 5* hotel that caters for kids does not allow breakable items at the pool area.
Beach & Surrounding Areas: If you walk down to the bottom of the resort where the beach is, you cross over the road and find yourself on the pebble/rock beach. In my ideal world this beach could do with being sand. Make sure you go down to see, there are some beautiful picture opportunities but it’s just not the kind of place you will be going with your beach towel. It is a very pretty spot but if you are going to walk into the surrounding areas you have to cross part of this beach and flip flops will not be adequate! You can take the path up to the left over into the small fishing village called Los Abrigos, here you will find local shops, a lot of fresh fish restaurants and a lovely harbour. This is a quaint little village more for locals and fish lovers – approx 4-5 euros by taxi. If you take the path on the right, you walk up some steps around the Vincci Hotel and then you are in San Blas Town Centre. (fixed rate of 5 euros from the hotel by taxi) It literally is a 10 minute walk at a slow pace and that’s with taking pics along the way. In San Blas there are some Sports Bars, Restaurants, Several shops & some gorgeous views looking down onto the Sandos Hotel. We visited the Taboo restaurant one evening for dinner and it was absolutely superb so if you get an opportunity to try it make sure you do. For those of you who are wondering how far Playa Las Americas is, it’s literally a 20euro journey from the hotel, takes about 10-15 minutes to get there depending on your taxi driver.
All in all I can safely say I would most definitely return to this hotel but next time I would look into hiring a car. Everyone has their own opinions on things, but if you want somewhere that is top notch for cleanliness, quality & relaxation then you cannot go wrong with choosing Sandos San Blas Hotel. Happy holiday’s everyone!

Room Tip: All of the rooms have a good view onto the resort or of the sea or both, so would say try and ask fo...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
8  Thank Lou B
subdireccionsanblas, Deputy Manager at Sandos San Blas Nature Resort & Golf, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2013

Dear guest,
In the name of Sandos San Blas Nature Resort & Golf we would like to thank you for taking your time to write a review about your experience here with us.
We are really grateful for all your positive expressions, and we think that them all can be summarized into your final sentence: “Everyone has their own opinions on things, but if you want somewhere that is top notch for cleanliness, quality & relaxation then you cannot go wrong with choosing Sandos San Blas Hotel. Happy holiday’s everyone!”
We are very glad you enjoyed your holiday here and we hope that you are coming back again soon. It would be our real delight to see you among us again. Hereby let me take this occasion to invite you to visit our website and book your next stay at the best price.

Reviewed January 16, 2013

Have just spent a delightful week at the Sandos San Blas. The staff, without exception were extremely friendly and helpful. Travelled with Saga and had a brilliant Rep, Margurita. I had the misfortune to fall up some stone steps outside the hotel on the way to a small shopping precinct. Some damage done and was treated daily by a couple of pool Lifeguards who were so kind and pleasant allowing me to return home after seven days to continue my treatment.

The rooms were spacious, clean and had just about everything you could wish for, including a flat screen TV with good reception and many English programmes. The evenings were cold and so one could not go for an evening walk or sit outside. We found the entertainment in the evening was not good and held in a room which was drafty and cold. So it was back to the TV in the room.

Food was plentiful and a good variety, could have been hotter at times but perhaps that's my preference. Plenty of fruit and drink all food available almost 24 hours per day.

This hotel is enormous and we never did find the best way around, we laughingly said that all guests should be issued with Sat Navs, this was only in jest. Not pleased that we paid 7.50euros for the Nature Trail only to find that there was no time to do the Nature Reserve, no refund offered!!!

I am much travelled and the Sandos San Blas rates better than anywhere else that I have stayed. Many thanks.

Ps. Ours was the last plane to land at Norwich Airport before it was closed by the heavy fall of snow, has since been closed so far for two days. Weren't we the lucky ones.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
8  Thank Horstead

Dear guest,
In the name of the Sandos San Blas we would like to give you our many thanks for taking your time and writing a review about your experience here with us.
We are very grateful for all your favorable comments about our hotel, with particular regard to the rooms, cleanliness, the food and drinks as well as all our hotel staff that always try to do their best to meet all your wishes to make your holiday an unforgettable experience.
Besides, we feel very sorry to read that you have had a problem at the environmental reserve, I do not really understand what could have happened because I have never heard that there was no time to do the nature reserve, probably you joined the afternoon tour, which is a little bit different and includes the multimedia museum, historical tunnel and a canarian wines & cheese tasting, this option is recommended to people who doesn´t want to walk to the reserve, nevertheless we would like to take this opportunity to invite every guest to discuss any possible issue with the management or Saga Rep while staying with us to find a quick solution.
We appreciate very much your strong recommendations of the hotel Sandos San Blas Nature Reserve & Golf to our potential clients and really hope to have an opportunity to welcome you among us again.

Reviewed January 16, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for one week in the beginning of december 2012.
The hotel is really nice and has a friendly attitude. The staff was always smiling and the service was very good.

The food was topclass!! Many different choices both for breakfast, lunch and dinner. They grilled the meat and fish while you waited.

The rooms was fabulous! The interior was different and beatyful. The balcony was large and had comfortable chairs and a table.The cleaning was spotless!

The hotel has a guided walking tour in the nature reserve behind the hotel. This excursion are highly recommended!

I would definitly go back to this hotel!!! It was perfect in every way!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Marie M

Dear guest,

First of all, in the name of Sandos San Blas Nature Resort & Golf we would like to express our many thanks for taking your time and writing a review about your experience here with us.

It is our real pleasure to read such complimentary remarks concerning your stay in our hotel, particularly about the rooms, cleanliness, the quality and choice of the food and our hard working staff that made your vacation so enjoyable that you would definitely return.
At the same time we would like to thank you for mentioning our exceptional nature reserve tour. Hereby we would like to invite all our future guests to take this unique opportunity to visit a spectacular moonscape of the Environmental Reserve with our guided tour full of surprises while staying with us.
We are looking forward to seeing you here in the Sandos San Blas Nature Resort & Golf again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near San Miguel de Abona
Gran Melia Palacio de Isora Resort & Spa
GF Gran Costa Adeje
GF Gran Costa Adeje
#17 of 61 in Costa Adeje
Iberostar Grand Hotel El Mirador
Hotel Botanico & The Oriental Spa Garden
Hotel Botanico & The Oriental Sp...
#2 of 82 in Puerto de la Cruz
Santa Barbara Golf & Ocean Club
Santa Barbara Golf & Ocean Club
#3 of 14 in San Miguel de Abona
Melia Jardines del Teide
Melia Jardines del Teide
#16 of 61 in Costa Adeje

Been to Sandos San Blas Nature Resort & Golf? Share your experiences!