“lovely and relaxing” 5 of 5 bubbles

Sandos San Blas Nature Resort & Golf
tenertife
“lovely and relaxing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2012

We are currently staying in this very peaceful hotel. I can reccomend room 149 ! The walk to the restaurant is a breath of fresh air. The children are enjoying the kids club and also experiencing new foods. The staff are very attentive the views unspoilt . we are already planning to return. Our room is clean and airy along with all the communal areas. Our son is having so much fun he fell asleep at lunch where the very helpful restaurant staff made a little area for him to rest whilst we ate. Very family friendly. Thank you.

Room Tip: Ask for a lake view room, the balconies are private and quiet.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
7 Thank alex d
subdireccionsanblas, Deputy Manager at Sandos San Blas Nature Resort & Golf, responded to this review, January 12, 2013
Dear guest,
First of all, in the name of Sandos San Blas Nature Resort & Golf we would like to express our many thanks for taking your time and writing a review about your experience here with us.
It is our delight you to share your admirable comments with particular regard to the rooms and its view, cleanliness, food, our kids club, as weel as our attentive staff who always try to do their best to make your stay an unforgettable experience.
Once again thank you for all your comments and suggestions that make us feel obliged to keep on working hard to improve our service day by day.
Besides, we would like to invite you to visit our website to book your next holiday at the best price.
Hopefully see you here at the Sandos San Blas Nature Resort & Golf again soon.

Deputy Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,171)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Brighton UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2012

ust returned from a restful holiday in this hotel. The food was excellent wine perfect and the staff staff kind and attentive. Just what I needed after a busy year. I felt pampered with the sea view room, excellent choice of food and quiet location.
I would highly recommend this hotel. However, one proviso. If you require a taxi to the airport do not book through the hotel reception. I enquired at reception the price of a taxi trip to the airport and was quoted 16 euros. The money was added to my room bill. When I arrived at the airport the taxi clock stated 13.2 euros. This sharp practice does not become a 5 star hotel.

Room Tip: I had a sea view room which meant I had the sun all day on the balcony so didnt have to go down to t...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
7 Thank mitchellbrightonuk
Dear guest,
In the name of Sandos San Blas Nature Resort & Golf we would like to give you many thanks for taking your time and writing a review about your experience here with us.
We do sincerely appreciate you to compliment us with so many warm comments about Food & drinks, the sea view room, quiet location as well as our attentive hotel staff.
Concerning the issue with the taxi, first of all we would like to apologize and please be sure that we will find out why that have happened since the rates are given to us directly by the taxi´s company to avoid any possible cheating to foreign visitors by the drivers, as you can imagine, our business is to sell rooms and doing our best to get the fidelity of our guests and not cheating you 3€ and leaving a bad taste in your mouth after a lovely stay.
We are very glad you enjoyed your holiday here and we hope that you are coming back again soon. It would be our real delight to see you among us again. Hereby let me take this occasion to invite you to visit our website and book your next stay at the best price.

blackpool uk
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2012 via mobile

We was here early Nov its a very drab hotel. No flowers or colour bedrooms where excellent food. OK. Could be better
It was a trek three times a day to the restaurant. Which was like a staff canteen. ' bar area where you sat outside needs more lighting
Also does the stage bar ' take a torch the staff are very good if you like a walk after dinner forget it. Nothing here!?? You can walk in the day
To los abrigos. Over rocks also the other way there is a few shops and bars ....so if you. Want to do nothing come here !!!
Otherwise I suggest go to paradise park in los christianos. You can't beat Tenerife for the weather

Stayed November 2012
1 Thank peterhdecor
We would like to take this occasion to invite you to visit our website to book your next holiday at the best price. It will be our pleasure to see you here at the Sandos San Blas Nature Resort & Golf again soon.

Surrey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2012

We love this place.
We want a week of excellent food and drink. This place gives us what we want.
The entertainment is average and there is nothing to do outside the resort really, but if you want top notch food (buffet) and good wines, friendly staff and comfy rooms, then this is the place to go.
We went slightly out of season ( early Oct) and didn't have trouble getting a sunbed, although like everywhere you get people trying to bag the best ones.
The place is clean with a nice, up market feel about it.
We'll be going again in 2013

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
8 Thank Paul-from-Berkshire
Dear guest,
In the name of Sandos San Blas Nature Resort & Golf we would like to thank you for taking your time to write a review about your experience here with us.
We do sincerely appreciate your positive comments given to our hotel particularly concerning the rooms, cleanliness, the quality and the variety of the food & drinks, together with the service of our friendly staff.
We are very glad you enjoyed your holiday here and we hope that you are coming back for your third time. It will be our real delight to see you among us again. Hereby let me take this occasion to invite you to visit our website and book your next stay at the best price.
All our staff is looking forward to seeing you here at the Sandos San Blas Nature Resort & Golf again soon.

Newcastle
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2012

I stayed at the Sandos with my husband from 23-30 November & the only aspect that came anywhere near 5* was the room. It was spacious with plenty of storage space & you could sit in the bath & watch tv if so desired! I had requested a room near the facilities but it was still a 10 minute walk to reception (providing you could find it) If we hadn't been taken to our room by the bellboy we would NEVER have found it

Our hearts dropped as we were walking along the 'brown' dingy corridors & yes they was very little signage.& the layout was very confusing.

I agree with the comments about the small bath towels & the floor flooding whilst showering, although it didn't flood when my husband showered! Although bottled water was freely available I can't understand why there wasn't any supplied in the fridge on arrival.

I also agree with the negative comments regarding the food. You could never get everything hot - the vegetables were always luke warm & looked unattractive as they were left out until the dishes were nearly empty! There was some fresh fruit but as earlier reviews also stated there was a lot of trnned fruit & yes there were plastic spoons beside the ice cream. Breakfast was the best meal as there was plenty of choice but if you wanted salad for lunch there wasn't much choice in the cold foods. It was tuna every day which I don't like so I always had cheese or pizza with salad. As a previous reviewer stated panninis etc would have been a good alternative.

Another criticism were the fruit juices & coffee. When I have stayed at other 4 & 5* hotels there has been fresh fruit juices & a coffee pot was brought to your table. No way should you have to queue at machines (which were often running out)! My husband likes tomato juice but there wasn't any at this hotel.

I did swim in the pool nearest the sea & found it to be cold. No wonder as I heard the scuba instructor telling a young couple that the pump was broken! I was using the toilets at the pool bar nearby during the week & all week the hand dryer didn't work & although there were paper towels in the disabled toilet there wasn't any soap! I reported this to a very arrogant male member of staff at reception who didn't want to know. He told me to report it to the staff at the beach bar, but it would have been very difficult as the barman on duty there didn't understand much English.

During my stay I didn't see any sign of a manager or any questionnaires to complete.

Another gripe was getting the pool towels dried as there were no racks on the balcony, no provision near the pool that I was aware of to change them & a 10 minute walk to reception to change them. I don't know if they could be changed at the spa but if so was not informed of this,

I enjoyed the shows but agree with a previous reviewer that there wasn't a lot of atmosphere & when the show finished everything went 'dead' I think it would have been better to start the show at 9.30 so that when it ended you could go to the bar above & have a last drink there to finish the night off.

On a positive note,I would like to praise the bar staff, waiters & greeters in the restaurant. It was a pleasure to be greeted by a smiling ,friendly member of staff & shown to your seat.

Room Tip: I stayed in B189 which overlooked one of the adult pools. It was quite near the reaturant & low...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
subdireccionsanblas, Deputy Manager at Sandos San Blas Nature Resort & Golf, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Dear guest,
In the name of Sandos Blas Nature Resort & Golf we would like to thank you for taking your time and writing a review about your experience here with us.
First of all we would like to apologize for any inconvenience caused during your stay, and be sure that we will learn from your suggestions. Just a few explanations to some of your worries, then future guests will not have the same problems, like the plastic spoons, nearby those ones, there are the usual spoons, about the coffee pots, instead bringing to your table just a pot with American coffee, there are machines all over the restaurant to give you an extensive offer of different kinds of coffe like cappuccino, latte macchiato, expresso, etc.. Of course there is fresh fruit juice at every breakfast, it is placed where the italian corner is, and there is tomato juice available at the restaurant, as well as at every bar, you just have to ask the waiter.
About the hotel managers, as many reviewers has said before, you may meet us at the restaurant at every service, we usually welcome you at the restaurant and show you your seat (as you said), nevertheless you can always contact us trough reception anytime, and please do it to discuss any possible suggestion during your stay, before leaving, to find a quick solution, for example, if you prefer to change your room to be closer to the restaurant, or reception, it is very easy to change, but if we do not know where would you like to stay we can´t help you.
Once again thank you very much for your positive comments and suggestions, they all are really helpful to keep on improving, and of course we would like to encourage you to visit our website and book your next holiday at the best price.

Schaffhausen, Switzerland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2012

I have just spent 5 nights and 4 days in this hotel and would like to share with you the following facts:

Reception
I arrived at the hotel and I was only partially explained what the hotel main features were. Nobody was available for quite some time to accompany me to the room.
I later asked reception to confirm with me pick up time and they told me I should go on the 3rd floor where I will find the info required.
On the 3rd floor some kind person from administration showed me a list of books where supposedly the info was. No trace of any info on those books.
I went back to reception the following day and a girl kindly helped out to confirm by web my pick up time.
All in all reception seemed to be aloof and moody, in any case provided only a ** two stars service.
ROOM
Room was comfortable, spacious, the wifi was working just, but working. Okay not working all the time but working. :-) Room cleaning was acceptable.
RESTAURANT
Chicken breasts and fish were grilled fresh and then put on a plate for guests to help themselves to. I could not bring my mind to understand why having the opportunity to have freshly cooked food I would choose to let it cool off on a plate.
The fish was never absolutely fresh.
Vegetables were not fresh and no variety. Olives were out of the tin - that's cheap. All pickles were out of a tin.
Pasta was of the cheapest quality you can buy = plain clear pack bought in the cheapest supermarket. The pasta was way overcooked and could not be eaten. The waiters serving did not have any understanding whatsoever what pasta al dente is. I mean this hotel is 5 star rated - one cannot believe this can happen.
All people working in the restaurant were not motivated and professional with the exception of the main waiters serving the tables. They all looked like they could not care less and any way was going to be fine. Paella looked a close shot to the real thing, but not quite after I tasted it.
Menu Restaurant
Rushed service, cold soup, frozen salmon, white wine with a higher than normal level of acidity (did they forget the bottle open?). The waiter came to bring plain mineral water and I pointed out that I would like to drink sparkling mineral water, spilled water on the table and under the table and never came back to wipe it off although I showed this to the main waiter. He looked at me and asked me "Was this an accident?" to which I decided to give up and stayed with the wet table for the whole dinner.
The bar was excellent and served excellent cappuccino. The bar waiter were very polite and always wanting to help. Many thanks to all of you.

Conclusion
A very expensive stay for a place that I could not wait to leave.
I paid just below a thousand Euro for a 5 night and and a full 4 days stay for what was rated a 5 star hotel.
Given what I saw it looked to me that this is another one of those hotels that want to appear to have a higher star rating to charge more with a service that is of a lower category.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank png9bluewinch
Dear guest,
First of all we would like to apologize for any inconvenience caused during your stay, and please be sure that we are really concern, even more reading that your bigger worries come from our staff and its service and food, and that is exactly two of the most important points in the hotel business. It is true that our staff and food´s feedback are usually quite positive; nevertheless we will work hard to improve day by day.
Trying to answer one of your questions, next to the show cooking grill, there is food ready to be picked up for guests who prefer to do not wait and avoid queues, as long as the food is prepared constantly, nevertheless every guest has the chance to ask the cooker to prepare the food at the moment and following their taste preferences, that is the best thing of a show cooking point, but please, just try to imagine if we cook steaks one by one for 400 people at the same time, maybe then you would rather prefer to pick up one steak which has been just grilled the same way, instead waiting 15-20 minutes.
Thank you very much for your comments and suggestions, they all are really helpful to keep on improving, and of course we would like to encourage you to visit our website and book your next holiday and transfers from airport at the best price.

Sotogrande, Spain
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2012

To start on a positive note, tha hotel is great vaue for money. The food offered throughout the day is actually of a good standard, although we did eat out mst nights. The rooms are also well appointed.

The pool areas are well designed with many separate areas.

Some of the more negative points;

At 11pm they close the bars and you have to pay for any drinks - but in your room. You are definitely made to feel you are not welcome are this time. The hotel needs to review this policy. When you are on your holiday (especially if it was summertime) guests like to eat later and then have a couple of drinks afterwards.

The worst towels ever - a bit picky I know - but they are saying '5 star'.

The service was also lacking. Certainly not enough staff even the resort is not full.

I would return here, it's a shame that with the 5 star rating (?!) you rightly have certain expectations that are just not going to happen here.

Oh - and my new phone went walkies (and hasn't returned ......)

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
6 Thank SotoPD
Dear guest,
First of all we would like to thank you for your positive comments about rooms, swimming pools, food and as you say, our “great value for money”.
We do sincerely appreciate your suggestions, nevertheless we do not understand what do you mean with closing bars at 11 pm, the only thing is that the All Inclusive service finishes at 11pm but both, lobby bar and Magma show hall, keep open till much later than that and of course drinks are still available.

Also consider these accommodations in or near San Miguel de Abona
#2 of 4 in Golf del Sur
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,548 reviews
Vincci Seleccion La Plantacion del Sur
Hotel Botanico & The Oriental Spa Garden
Hotel Botanico & The Oriental Sp...
#2 of 80 in Puerto de la Cruz
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,490 reviews
Santa Barbara Golf & Ocean Club
Santa Barbara Golf & Ocean Club
#3 of 14 in San Miguel de Abona
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,899 reviews

Been to Sandos San Blas Nature Resort & Golf? Share your experiences!