One thing to remember when booking this hotel - Don't be too fussy about the number of stars! They do not mean anything other than inflating ego's. This hotel is the third one I have stayed in on this island. On first impression it looks very nice and it is indeed a fairly large complex. I think the Architect wanted to make the guests feel like they are inside a volcano with all the small tunnels and turrets. The swimming pool stages resemble the lava flow through the core of every activity and the plain plaster walls well Wierd.
Back to the review we were told by Thomas cook that there was only a suite available to book at an extracost so we booked, however the hotel was only half full but to our joy the suite was lovely with two very large interconnecting rooms. Ideal for the snoring separation issues. Loads of extras in room which made up for the price. Jacuzzi, dressing gowns, large flat screen tv and very comfortable beds. Well done Sanblas.
The resort is clean ( Many toilet bins need replacing) with two pool bars and numerous activities if you want to participate. The drinks are a good quality and snacks plentiful. It got a bit samey going to the same restaurant for breakfast, lunch and dinner. There are adult areas for eating but these lacked atmosphere. Evening dinner could have done with some nice music, candles or the chance to have your own bottle of 'chilled' Wine. The waiters worked tirelessly to clean up plates and prepare new tables to the detriment of people needing extra drinks. The same was said of the bar in the reception. This lacked atmosphere with a blaring TV being played. This was also an area for the committed Internet users. Most people either looked at their mobiles or computers for lack of music or activity. Sanblas have you not heard of candles or soft music!
The food was nice with plenty of variety. This is the first hotel ive stayed at when at breakfast there is not even a cup on the table. You will have to get everything. It was also extremely unsafe for people to carry there own tea and coffee pots around. These are provided at the table in most other hotels. We tried the A la carte once and it was the most disgusting meals to date. The soup was tepid with an island of fat, the beef very rich with it a vegetable in sight. Didn't bother trying the dessert went instead to the Main restaurant. The service was also very rushed. Very very disappointing .
On the whole it is a nice hotel but I would not go back. Went to the Bahia last year which outclasses this hotel. As for the stars you're better off looking in the sky not the hotel website. Ps don't forget the RAID for your rooms as they are always full if flies.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sandos San Blas Nature Resort & Golf All Inclusive is located in the San Blas Enviromental Reserve, beside two golf courses and seafront. The bedrooms are spacious with a terrace and have bathroom with bath tub, shower and hairdryer. Every guest room is soundproof, and offers satellite TV, stereo, Internet connection, minibar (extra charge), air conditioned, safe, phone and free WiFi. The complex has eight pools, a gym and a terrace with loungers and umbrellas, as well as two poolside bars. It also has aqua-aerobics, spa and sauna. The reception is 24 hour, and offers safe and currency exchange. The hotel also has a cafe-bar, a newspaper stand, a hair salon, a night club, a theater, a TV room, a restaurant, a conference room, free WiFi connection room, room service, laundry service (extra charge), a playground and free parking. Separate activities are organized for kids and adults alike. The hotel offers tennis (extra charge), ping-pong, beach volley, golf (extra charge), biking and aerobics classes. You can also row on the property's lake. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sandos San Blas Nature Resort & Golf reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandos San Blas Hotel Reserva Ambiental And Golf
- Sandos San Blas Nature Resort & Golf Tenerife, Spain