Stayed here for a week in early November to get some sunshine and relaxation and leave behind the damp and fog. We did have some warm and sunny days but some cloudy ones too. Have read many mixed reviews on this hotel and some are spot on and others undeserved and a bit unfair. An advantage for us was being not far from the airport and being able to get a swift taxi to and fro. Yes - planes did come over the hotel - but not thick and fast - and were not particularly disturbing.
I had requested a room overlooking the lake, on a higher level and quiet - which we received and we had the sun all afternoon and into the evening which suited us. We were halfway between the reception and the restaurant. The hotel can be described as a 'terracotta bedrock' with lots of windy paths (and steps) and it takes a little while to find your way about.
It is a long way from reception to restaurant - especially if you would like to sit and have a pre dinner drink (in a glass, and not a plastic cup) and then walk down to dinner again. The room had a fridge but no mini-bar contents. Also - no tea making facilities. Take your own kettle if you have one as they are not provided.
Rooms are spacious and clean, although with an odd and unusual bathroom layout. Plenty of toiletries but the towels and bath robes were scratchy and skimpy and not up to standard. Our broken tap fitting and bedside lamp were fixed soon after we told reception (but should really have been seen to before we arrived). Beds are large with bolsters rather than pillows. The heavy duty curtains blocked out all light for an undisturbed sleep. TV had a few English channels - which is unusual.
Food - generally good with a wide choice and surely more than enough to satisfy all tastes. There was tinned fruit but also fresh fruit if you wanted it. I refuse to stand in a queue for food but this was not necessary.
The entire dining area was huge but there were separate parts for adults only and you could also eat outside. You spend much of your time walking about at these buffet offerings - you should lose weight! There was waiter service for drinks and the waiter usually appeared pretty soon after you got to your table. You tended to find your own table but we were guided to ours once or twice. It did get a bit tedious going to the same place for every meal as there were no alternative 'snack' areas. The a la carte restaurant was a nice change, however, and people tended to dress up a little more for the occasion, which was nice and it is a shame so many don't make the effort. The food was good and more than we could eat and we did not feel at all rushed - the service was very good. It would have been nice to sit here and have a pre meal drink here or a coffee afterwards.
Drinks were very good with branded names. The wines and cava were perfectly acceptable but the cocktails were a bit grim and not freshly made. Bottled water was freely available.
We tried the 'entertainment' but this was variable and the venue - a large auditorium - lacked any ambiance. Preferred to listen to the musicians in the bar/lounge.
A highlight was the 'nature reserve experience' which was very well done and interesting.
The villages on either side of the hotel are also a short walk away.
There are plenty of pools and sunbeds (apart from at the adult only pool - there's a message here! where people reserved beds in the early morning (this includes Brits - shame on you)!
The hotel was quite busy but would not like to be there in the height of the season.
Overall, would not say this was a 5* hotel as we have stayed in some fabulous ones around the world. It is probably a good 4* all inclusive resort with no hidden extras. It should certainly be mentioned that we found all staff helpful, friendly and efficient which made up for any other shortcomings and this contibuted to a good week away.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sandos San Blas Nature Resort & Golf All Inclusive is located in the San Blas Enviromental Reserve, beside two golf courses and seafront. The bedrooms are spacious with a terrace and have bathroom with bath tub, shower and hairdryer. Every guest room is soundproof, and offers satellite TV, stereo, Internet connection, minibar (extra charge), air conditioned, safe, phone and free WiFi. The complex has eight pools, a gym and a terrace with loungers and umbrellas, as well as two poolside bars. It also has aqua-aerobics, spa and sauna. The reception is 24 hour, and offers safe and currency exchange. The hotel also has a cafe-bar, a newspaper stand, a hair salon, a night club, a theater, a TV room, a restaurant, a conference room, free WiFi connection room, room service, laundry service (extra charge), a playground and free parking. Separate activities are organized for kids and adults alike. The hotel offers tennis (extra charge), ping-pong, beach volley, golf (extra charge), biking and aerobics classes. You can also row on the property's lake. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sandos San Blas Nature Resort & Golf reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandos San Blas Hotel Reserva Ambiental And Golf
- Sandos San Blas Nature Resort & Golf Tenerife, Spain