Before booking any holiday I always check trip advise and only choose those hotels strongly recommended by contributors, therefore as san blas was allegedly a 5 star hotel with 4 1/2 star rating from contributors I booked this one with confidence only to be rather disappointed.
Yes it is a good hotel with first class reception staff but it lets itself down in a number of ways.
apart from the reception staff and a few pleasant waiters in the dinning room the rest of the staff are invisible. outside tables are never cleaned, waiter service is non existent, this is very much a self service hotel.The bedrooms are excellent and spacious but are equipped with towels that i suspect have been in use since the hotel opened 4 years ago and are like limp rags. After a couple of days we requested better towels and within an hour we were delivered 2 new fluffy white towels , however when the towels were changed the next day we were back to the grubby limp rags.
This hotel has great potential but is I suspect suffering economic restraints and unless it improves its staffing levels and pulls its sox up it will surely loose its 5 star rateing
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sandos San Blas Nature Resort & Golf All Inclusive is located in the San Blas Enviromental Reserve, beside two golf courses and seafront. The bedrooms are spacious with a terrace and have bathroom with bath tub, shower and hairdryer. Every guest room is soundproof, and offers satellite TV, stereo, Internet connection, minibar (extra charge), air conditioned, safe, phone and free WiFi. The complex has eight pools, a gym and a terrace with loungers and umbrellas, as well as two poolside bars. It also has aqua-aerobics, spa and sauna. The reception is 24 hour, and offers safe and currency exchange. The hotel also has a cafe-bar, a newspaper stand, a hair salon, a night club, a theater, a TV room, a restaurant, a conference room, free WiFi connection room, room service, laundry service (extra charge), a playground and free parking. Separate activities are organized for kids and adults alike. The hotel offers tennis (extra charge), ping-pong, beach volley, golf (extra charge), biking and aerobics classes. You can also row on the property's lake. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Orbitz, Agoda and Travelocity so you can book your Sandos San Blas Nature Resort & Golf reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandos San Blas Hotel Reserva Ambiental And Golf
- Sandos San Blas Nature Resort & Golf Tenerife, Spain