Just returned home after spending a fortnight at this hotel and cannot recommend it highly enough.
The hotel is only 10 minutes from the airport yet the location is beautiful. The planes do fly overhead but I didn't find this annoying or unpleasant - after the first day you don't notice them! All hotel staff were extremely friendly and helpful and never made any of your queries or wishes appear like a problem.
The rooms are the nicest rooms that I have ever stayed in in a hotel - the bed was huge! Rooms cleaned daily and to a high standard, they were spotless. Bedding and towels are changed on an as required basis which is useful. The room did not have an iron but this could be requested from the reception. Also our room had problems with the shower flooding and this seemes to be an issue with several other guests that we encountered. The hotel did rectify the problem early on but it returned again at the end of our two weeks.
The food in the restaurant was fantastic. There was a huge selection at every meal time and all food was freshly prepared and topped up on a regular basis to keep it fresh - nothing was left lying. As mentioned the selection was massive and previous people who have reviewed this hotel and said there was nothing that suited them must be the fussiest eaters around - if you can't find something to eat in a selection like that then your never going to be happy.
The all inclusive drinks package was superb with all branded drinks included and a sizeable selection of cocktails were included. The coffee was freshly ground which was a nice touch as coffee has always been poor in previous AI holidays I have been on - top marks guys! One quick note was that they stopped smirnoff vodka and bottled heineken during our stay without warning and this was no longer included in the AI package, I have no idea why they done this though. Lobby bar service was excellent and even during busy periods you never queued at the bar for long, the staff were excellent and extremely efficient.
Other things to note are the nature reserve trip is well worth the money as this is interesting and has a good interactive element to the tour. Also the free shuttle bus to Las Americas is a great service and is well worth a visit for the trip. The late checkout at midday is great as it ensures your not rushing around on the day of departure and the complimentary use of a shower room is a great service and was much appreciated as we had a late departure.
All in it was a fantastic holiday and we hope to return in the future. The team at Sandos are fantastic and made the holiday one to remember - a big thank you to all the staff at the hotel!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sandos San Blas Nature Resort & Golf All Inclusive is located in the San Blas Enviromental Reserve, beside two golf courses and seafront. The bedrooms are spacious with a terrace and have bathroom with bath tub, shower and hairdryer. Every guest room is soundproof, and offers satellite TV, stereo, Internet connection, minibar (extra charge), air conditioned, safe, phone and free WiFi. The complex has eight pools, a gym and a terrace with loungers and umbrellas, as well as two poolside bars. It also has aqua-aerobics, spa and sauna. The reception is 24 hour, and offers safe and currency exchange. The hotel also has a cafe-bar, a newspaper stand, a hair salon, a night club, a theater, a TV room, a restaurant, a conference room, free WiFi connection room, room service, laundry service (extra charge), a playground and free parking. Separate activities are organized for kids and adults alike. The hotel offers tennis (extra charge), ping-pong, beach volley, golf (extra charge), biking and aerobics classes. You can also row on the property's lake. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Sandos San Blas Nature Resort & Golf reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandos San Blas Hotel Reserva Ambiental And Golf
- Sandos San Blas Nature Resort & Golf Tenerife, Spain