This is a long one, even by my standards. But hopefully helpful!! My husband and I have just spent the last five nights having a well deserved break and celebrating our Wedding Anniversary in Tenerife. We've stayed on Tenerife many times before, but decided that this time we'd try something s little different and went a. 5* b. Not in Costa Adeje and c. All Inclusive. So we chose the Sandos San Blas Reserva Ambiental.
We booked a Junior Suite for our stay, as it was a celebration we just wanted to treat ourselves. We were put in room 414/5, which was essentially two interconnecting rooms turned into one. The joy of this being two balconies (one with table and chairs, one with a daybed overlooking the pool and out to sea, with lots of afternoon sunshine) and two bathrooms (one with bath, shower over, separate toilet and bidet - the other with twin sinks, separate shower/wetroom, separate toilet and bidet and whirlpool bath). The room was immaculately clean, linen fresh, more free toiletries than you could shake a stick at, a decent fridge and comfy beds. Free safe. The ONLY negative with this room is no tea/coffee making facilities - but I'd read this on a previous post and took the travel kettle with us. Problem solved!
Again, very impressive. Staff very friendly, check-in and out efficient. Lots of smiles and pretty eager to make your stay as comfortable as possible. Bar staff in the lobby very nice and happily took drinks orders at your table and brought drinks out to you. All staff smartly dressed and well versed on the resort and it's ethos.
A real, genuine, bonafide all inclusive. In the five days we were there (and with the exception of airport taxis and one newspaper) we have not spent a penny. I've drunk nice Cava, slush puppies, mixers (all good brands) and had an endless supply of bottled water. And I most certainly haven't been hungry...
The buffet is large, cool and very well stocked. Breakfast served through til 10.30 (a godsend when you've gone away to recharge your batteries) and is pretty comprehensive with English favorites, a large range of continental meats, breads and cheeses, fruit, yoghurt and pastries. Lunch is from 1-3 and as standard featured a large and varied salad bar, a grill station cooking two types of fresh meat, paella, another grill station cooking at least two types of fresh fish, and all the other usual suspects. Variety was pretty impressive, although if I was there longer I'm sure I'd see some repetition and need a new, bigger wardrobe! Drinks are again included and you can ave pretty much anything apart from spirits and mixers. Dinner is a very similar affair to lunch, and I think they serve from 6.30-10... Don't hold me to that but we got there about 9 most nights. We did also try the a la carte, which was very nice. I agree with others that the food does come out quickly, but if you ask them to slow down they do. Also, don't be fooled into thinking that just because you've been presented with a payable wine list you have to buy anything. The all inclusive drinks are all very much still included down there. The wine list is purely if you want to treat yourself.
This is not the place to go if you like wild nights, partying, loud music around the pool. But if (like us) you are after sheer relaxation, lovely evenings meeting great people from a wide range of nationalities, maybe a bit of gentle well organized exercise, but most of all to wake up in the morning just because you want to NOT because it's too noisy to stay in bed this is the place for you. The beach is terrible (small, pebbles and stones) but the pools are lovely. Two heated. I think five in total. Can be a bit of a struggle for sun beds after 10. The planes are close by, but didn't interrupt our holiday. It also meant that the taxi ride from the airport was less than €15. the resort is spotless. So much so, that we didn't feel the need to leave it for the whole five days so I'm afraid I can't tell you much more about the locality. Worthy of it's five stars and we will be going back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sandos San Blas Nature Resort & Golf All Inclusive is located in the San Blas Enviromental Reserve, beside two golf courses and seafront. The bedrooms are spacious with a terrace and have bathroom with bath tub, shower and hairdryer. Every guest room is soundproof, and offers satellite TV, stereo, Internet connection, minibar (extra charge), air conditioned, safe, phone and free WiFi. The complex has eight pools, a gym and a terrace with loungers and umbrellas, as well as two poolside bars. It also has aqua-aerobics, spa and sauna. The reception is 24 hour, and offers safe and currency exchange. The hotel also has a cafe-bar, a newspaper stand, a hair salon, a night club, a theater, a TV room, a restaurant, a conference room, free WiFi connection room, room service, laundry service (extra charge), a playground and free parking. Separate activities are organized for kids and adults alike. The hotel offers tennis (extra charge), ping-pong, beach volley, golf (extra charge), biking and aerobics classes. You can also row on the property's lake. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, Priceline, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Sandos San Blas Nature Resort & Golf reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandos San Blas Hotel Reserva Ambiental And Golf
- Sandos San Blas Nature Resort & Golf Tenerife, Spain