“The Worst excursion ever!!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Submarine Safaris

Submarine Safaris
More attraction details
Owner description: Submarine Safaris carry out real underwater dive in a real submarine down to depths of 30m (100ft). A truly remarkable experience for all the family
Klaipeda, Lithuania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“The Worst excursion ever!!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2012

We went with all my family-it is 6 people, and imagine how sad we were after spending 300euros and seing - NOTHING. People, never go to this trip!! It is absolute rubish. I am so stupid that I didn`t read about this excursion before going! We were expecting as a very beautiful view and show (because tickets seller told as like this), but we just waste money and this is all. We saw only the sand and maybe 2 kind of fishes: sardinia and raya (their tail even were cutted, so they were already tame....). well, I believe that antantic Ocean is much more beautiful...
Only one suggestion: don`t waste your holiday time and money.
200% disapointed.

Visited July 2012
5 Thank AmberTownie

• Polish first
Bucharest, Romania
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Best next thing after an actual scuba dive”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2012

Overall a nice trip, and the kid loved it. But way too short, max 30 minutes effective sub time out of the 1h total trip.

It's a matter of luck I suppose since unlike some of the other reviewers we did saw multiple species of fishes, a giant catfish near the wreck and even some barracudas. No sharks, though...

However, even when taking into account the cost of the submarine and all the security measures, the new 50 EUR/head price seems way too greedy. However the sub seems to be full all the time, so they'll keep up increasing the price - just because they can.

Visited June 2012
Kingston upon Hull
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Trip of a lifetime”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2012

great excursion, we got picked up at our hotel and taken to the harbour (which also has some nice views of teide too). I was a little nervous about going on the submarine as i can get a little claustrophobic at times, but the guide reassured me that i should be fine and she was right! As soon as i got on i forgot about the nervousness and was really excited- each pair of seats has a window and we could already see things before we started. the guide explained some things to us, and always told us what fish we could see. it felt like we were in an aquarium, we saw lots of fish and my partner was really excited to see the barrucadas and the stingrays. wow that diver is brave!!! swimming around with the rays like they were harmless- amazing to see! as others have said, yes the trip is expensive but for us was worth every penny, the highlight of our 2 week stay. would recommend to anyone.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank Naomi H
Crawley, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY!!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2012

I wouldnt even give this one star if I could! Absolute rubbish! Not worth the money. Saw only 3 types of fish (the type you see when you just look over the harbour into the sea). There was no 'abundance of wildlife' as they promised. Not ONE species did we see mentioned on their posters!!! Said they will take us down 30 metres (100 feet), according to their computers in front of us we only went down 24metres.
Worst part of my holiday. Company wouldnt even give us a refund or part of a refund!!!
We got it on special offer ending up being 39euros each. I wouldnt have even paid 10 euros!!!

DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY!!!!!

Visited May 2012
2 Thank Daniela S
London, England, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“POOR POOR excuse for an "excursion" worse than terrible”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2012

This was an awful trip huge waste of money, the submarine barley left the marina & as for an abundance of marine life we only saw 3 types of fish & a poor excuse for a crab & not 1 ray or fish on their own spot list! RIDICULOUS The water clarity was atrocious so we could not even make out what was supposed to be shipwrecks. We did raise our disappointment both with the submarine safari co themselves & also directly with the excursions booking co (sun excursions tenerife- Costa Adeje beach front CON MAN "essex" TONY, but we'll get to that in another review) so we could try to claim a refund however we were told that due to the rest of the people apparently seeming to have enjoyed their experience we were not going to receive any of our 78 euros back (even a part refund & an acknowledgement that the excursion was no where near as described) the whole experience was a shambles & very upsetting with such a bad unprofessional service from both companies no apology, disgusted in an understatement if you like to waste money then this is the excursion for you otherwise just stand on the Marina side walk & you'll see exactly the same! I don't understand the logic of a majority rule for complaints?! If only one person complained out of a group then somehow we must be lying or should just deal with it! Well thanks for naff all & ruining my last 2 days & I shall most definitely be taking this further.

Visited May 2012