We have just returned from a 2 week vacation in Room 101, a one bed, elite apartment, with a view of the fish pond and swimming pool from the balcony and the sea from the large, well equipped roof terrace.
• Very quiet with music not allowed in the pool area.
• Very clean resort and apartments with well-tended gardens.
• The timeshare staff left us alone! They were introduced at the short, informative welcome meeting, we were told how to find them and that was it. I wish other timeshare resorts would learn from this.
• Just a 10 minute taxi ride from the airport.
• Very little to do. We didn’t use the local buses but the bus stop was a 10 minute walk away and only ran into Playa de las Americas and Los Cristianos every hour. The taxi fare was about 40 euros for a round trip.
• This area has clearly been badly hit by the recession. Despite the presence of 2 golf courses there are too many abandoned and incomplete hotels, residential blocks and undeveloped sites.
• There is good food to be had but you have to go in search of it. (See my separate reviews for Tapa’s N Chill, 20 minutes walk from The Fairways Club and Restaurante Placeres in Los Abrigos – a 50 minute walk along the coast).
• The apartment should have had a DVD player and hifi system as standard. There was no sign of the hifi and a notice to say that we could request a DVD player from reception – not what I expected.
We came here for 2 weeks winter sunshine to read books, get a tan and relax and we certainly got that. We spent most of the time on the roof terrace which was a wonderful, peaceful haven. However the resort is tired and really should be a silver crown RCI resort, not gold. Having 2 flat screen TV’s, a dishwasher and a washing machine (no instructions for either) does not add up to luxury!!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Fairways Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairways Club Hotel San Miguel De Abona
- Fairways Club Tenerife, Spain