“great hotel, ignore bad reviews!!”

Nido del Aguila Lara Apartments
Ranked #5 of 8 Puerto Rico B&B and Inns
glasgow
“great hotel, ignore bad reviews!!”
Reviewed March 7, 2012

was here oct 2011,weather was good, rooms were basic but thats all you need unless your willing to fork out the extra cash for the 4 poster beds and the red carpet ! food was good always something you could eat. right next to the europa centre and 3 euro in a taxi to the comerical centre so not short on night life. staff were friendly and helpfull local drinks were ok to. pool area was clean and sunbeds were free. i would return again. dont listen to the bad reviews you get what you pay for but in this case a little more. probably snobs to tight to part with there money wrighting the bad reviews!

Room Tip: most rooms view pool
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
9 Thank emma t

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
  • Finnish first
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed March 1, 2012

For people who is prefer stay beside the pool,that suit.But otherway the nearest beach(Playa de Amadores) is quit far for walk,particurlary back to apartaments,the road goes up to hill.The shoping centre Europa is just few minutes.The town of Puerto Rico is far walk also(on the taxi,few minutes),but we like go for walk.The electric equipments is poor quality(kettle,sanwichmaker) also coffee maker,toasret wasnt at all.Food in rastaurant was good,but...The staff is lovely.

Room Tip: 44B seaview
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 22, 2012

this is my first ever review and after resding all the buch of moaners who complained about the hotel i felt as if i had to write something in this brillant hotels defence. For a start its a cheap yet quality hotel so you cant go expecting desigenr luxuries. The staff are lovely not like they are portayed by other holiday takers. The rooms were really clean and I didnt see a SINGLE cockroach. The area its self is lovely and the holiday overall was a brillant time.
I would totally and utterly recommend this to any who wants a nice break :)

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
13 Thank Jessica d
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 12, 2012

You get what you pay for, its the first all inclusive I have been to to be told to put my plate of food in the microwave because I complained it was cold???
I have been visiting Gran Canaria for 10 + years and there are so many more Hotels/Apartments in the town, that have friendly staff, hot food, clean pool and entertainment.

We had no hot water and the bath was in a state of no return (see pictures)

I was there for 1 week and I did not see the pool being cleaned once, the surrounding sunbed area was cleaned every morning though?

Not my cup of tea but as title says you get what you pay for!

1 Thank GEMMA2929
dorset
Reviewed February 11, 2012

On arrival we found we had no curtains. 24hrs a day, you get full sun exposure and lights from pool, 24/7 UNTIL THEY switch off at 6.15am. sun rises at 7.30. we tried to resolve this blinding problem with blankets and they were confiscated by cleaners.the receptionist replaced them with binbags and cellotape , 4 x pedal bags, (see photo) then she laughted. our first day we found breakfast cold and reported this to waitress,she informed us to put it in the microwave.next day we found blue cotton at lunch on our plates. with 2 nights sleep deprevation things were becomng tense...a rememdy was sought, get paralletic. i upset everyone then , but did receive 1 hrs sleep . speeding like a cocaine addict, everyone thought i was the local entertainment.we found cockroaches but they wer only babies, the dirty looks from the staff were BOGOF.our toilet handle fell to bits when we touched it. trying to find a resolution to block out the light, I turned the room ujpside down TO MAKE A DEN and that didnt work, so on day 6. everyone was worried about my mental health, , i was seriously worried, i begged everyone to phone me a doctor, my friends ignored me as they thought i was being silly. one nearly beat me up, it was terrifying,the doctor arrived with a bill for £260. my blood pressure was 160/110 and he injected me, i slept for 2 hrs, i had a severe bronchial attack also with the stress my physical body was under and had another injection to knock me out again. I met some amazing new people, anita behind the bar understood and told me "anna you are beautiful".. Apart from the broken beach beds that barry wooed me on and we snapped together :} i hope everyone can find forgiveness for my behaviour and for gods sake nido del aquila, help some one out in futuree, if they ask for curtains, dont laugh at them, http://www.effectsofsleepdeprivation.net/symptoms-of-sleep-deprivation/

Room Tip: if you are sleeping in the lounge, take something like blankets or sleeping tablets with you, if you...
4 Thank sunshinesmile01

Travelers are raving about these Puerto Rico hotels

Golborne, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 11, 2012

Just got back from the Nido. Been there once before and will be back there first chance I get.
Need I say more?

6 Thank Paul H
Reviewed February 1, 2012

This is the first time I've written a review.
But I felt the need after reading all the bad reviews on here before I left the uk.
I nearly changed my hotel due too the bad reviews on here, but I'm so so glad I didnt! I've been here for 2 weeks with my wife and two year old Eva .
Like anything in life , manners go a long way! If you make an effort and say hello and Thankyou in Spanish ( only words I can say) it goes a long way with the bar staff. I ended up being given a pint glass for my drinks instead of the plastic cups. As for the food...... Amazing!!!! Each night is a theme night, Chinese , Italian , etc etc.... The food was warm / hot enough for us, but if it wasn't , there is that invention called a microwave sat there for you if you wished! Room was better than I hoped, due to the fact not everyone is on the all inclusive and you have everything you need, pots/ pans, microwave, cutlery , everything !!! So in a nut shell , too all those moaning idiots on here, you idiots!! You moan about nothing, yes there are insects , shock, it's warm here all year !! Also the people I've met here ( other holiday makers) have been coming back to this hotel year after year! Now that speaks volumes !! Enjoy as we have and will be back again!!!!!!!

• Stayed January 2012
#12 of 68 in Puerto Rico
Hotel Riosol
Hotel Riosol
#16 of 68 in Puerto Rico

Been to Nido del Aguila Lara Apartments? Share your experiences!