Hotel Solana
Hotwire.com
  • Breakfast included
$69
  • Restaurant
Servatur Montebello Apartments(Puerto Rico)(Great Value!)
$48
TripAdvisor
Hotels.com
Hotel Riosol(Puerto Rico)
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
All reviewsbrocpool area is nice and cleansmall mini markettowels changed twiceapartment was cleantravel kettleevery other dayself catering apartmentmobility issuesenjoyable staypuerto mogancommercial centreour room was cleanedbit datedan upgradeweek holidaynice walk
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 9, 2013

well you could moan about a couple of doors hanging or lack of supplies in the shop. But the cleaners come around regular,reception are helpful when open ,and the pool is great. Best place to eat at the lower center was The El Toro. At the top center the place where they put national flags on your table. All in all puerto rico has lots of steps but this hotel is value for money in an o.k position, don't expect luxury on a budget

• Stayed: October 2013

:No information leaflets
:2single beds(very romantic)
:sunbeds (cracked)
:loads of cats
:Television doesnt work just takes your money
:You have to rent kettle,toaster,safe etc
:floors look dirty
:Very noisy at night as clubs are not far
:Over two hundred steps to the nearest shop (shopping centre)
:No free wifi (€6 a day)

Only good thing central enough

• Stayed: November 2013
2  Thank helfarrell
Reviewed November 1, 2013

Once again, I was very deflated after reading the reviews on this hotel before we arrived!!

We found this hotel to be lovely... basic accommodation, but we had everything that we needed, The rooms were cleaned,, towels and beds changed every other day. Although reception was not manned 24 hours a day, there was someone there when ever we needed anything....
Broc, who worked at the hotel and ran the bar from 1pm til 4pm was very helpful and made some of the best snacks that i've ever tasted with very reasonable prices on beer!!

The pool was lovely and refreshing after sitting in the wonderful sunshine and our room had beautiful views right over puerto rico.

Now I would like to clear up some of the comments that other people have left.... At no time were we asked to leave our passports behind the front desk. If you are dumb enough to leave sugary fruit juice and food laying around over night, it is inevitable that it will attract all manner of insects, All depending on which route you take into the shopping centre, there are between 158 and 300 + steps but hey! your in Puerto Rico and its all built into to side of mountains!! Yes its a bit of a challenge but well worth it!! unless your set right at the top of Puerto Rico, your going to hear the hustle and bustle from the busy night life... and even then there is another shopping centre with loads of clubs and bars and the top as well!!

We would definitely return, in fact we almost booked ourselves in for a few more day!! We loved every minute of it!!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank sheeny77
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Just got back from a week at the Solana, after reading reviews we were surprised when we arrived as it is better than we were expecting, the location was good for the nightlife as the shopping centre where the clubs are is just a short walk down approx. 300 steps, this could be a problem if you wanted a quite night as the music goes on to 4 am. The beach is a 10/15 minute walk and worth a visit.
We arrived late reception was closed a note had been left on the window with our room number, not a problem for us we checked the next morning with no problems. The room was spacious and basic but clean, the maid was very helpful and changed the towels twice during our week, We had a late return flight and were worried about checking out, the manger was more than helpful, he let us stay in the room at no extra cost.
We booked this as a cheap short break and got what we got what we expected.

Room Tip: Ask for bedroom at rear these should be quieter
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cpd59
Reviewed May 8, 2013

I stayed here for a week in March 2013, the reception tried to hold my passport over night ,it was pointed out to me, other guests had done it .Yes and the reception was open to anyone walking in with peoples passports on show ,why did they need them over night any way? not mine ! at first the room looked ok, but but soon became uncomfortable when I realised I couldn't put any food down in the apartment. First I noticed little insects like micro ants running all over the kitchen work tops, then every time I put food down, I complained to the cleaners I was given a fly spray, this only worked for a day then next morning I woke to find a cockroach next to my bed. I gave to reception in a clear bag, insisted the manager gets it. A lovely pool but doesn't make up for how uncomfortable I felt. I didn't get the holiday that cheep either, I've stayed in cheaper accommodation all over and its been far better than this. Complained by writing to holiday rep when I got back through 118 Travel but didn't even get a reply to my letter.

Room Tip: Puerto Rico is a nice place to stay, a bit hilly but good bus service. Some of the rooms may of been better on top with a view, don't know if all rooms came with added guests.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo