This hotel is good but not great. The rooms are really huge and all of them have a big terrace with comfortable seating. There are 3 or 4 blocks and all rooms face the sea with a wonderful view. I'm in the furthest block from reception, pool and restaurants but I don't mind the 200 mt walk at all. It is a nuisance if you forget something though. If this bothers you then ask to be in block 2.
I wouldn't normally eat in the hotel restaurant - I always prefer to go out - but the restaurants locally are absolutely TERRIBLE. In fact unless you want to spend all the time in the hotel I wouldn't even come to this resort. There is nothing apart from a few apartment complexes and a single strip of beachfront 'international' restaurants selling pizza and pasta and burgers and anything at all other than Canarian or even Spanish food.
Having said that, I have been eating in the buffet here at night and I have to say it is fantastic. Last night was Canarian food and there were literally dozens of good options. It was delicious and really good value at €20 for all the courses. The quality and presentation was really good. Avoid the red house wine though - it was really disgusting. I bought a bottle of better red and they are keeping half for tonight. The pool bar was a rip off though. I wanted a small side salad - which they then charged me €9.50 for !! They do a 'daily snack' poolside which is much better value and includes a drink as well.
THE BREAKFAST BUFFET IS FANTASTIC !!
Oh and incidentally - Puerto Rico itself is about a 30 minute walk along the coast promenade. This hotel is in Amadores not Puerto Rico. I wouldn't come here again - not because of the hotel but rather the lack of surrounding restaurants. The beach is lovely though.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located 200 meters from Playa de Amadores, on the Costa de Mogan, the Gloria Palace Hotel Royal & Spa is a four-star superior establishment built in 2008 with natural stone, privileged views over Amadores beach, spectacular never-ending pool, exclusive rooms and executive suites. Its dedicated service, luxurious surroundings and breathtaking views makes it the most prestigious hotel in the area. Our goal is to provide our customers with a place to enjoy a calm, relaxing, caring and personalized service from our team of professionals. The extensive facilities are designed and decorated with exquisite taste, to convey a feeling of exclusivity and luxury to enjoy the deserved vacations. A hotel for all, from romantic getaways to business trips. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Gloria Palace Royal Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gloria Palace Royal Hotel And Spa
- Gloria Palace Royal Hotel Puerto Rico
- Dunas Amadores
- Hotel Dunas Amadores
- Gloria Palace Royal Hotel & Spa Puerto Rico, Gran Canaria