We have just returned from a stay at the Gloria royal palace ,on an all inclusive basis , and there are good and bad comments to make about this hotel.But I'd just like to point out that I am not one of those people who is never pleased , moans about everything and enjoys picking fault(you know the people I mean!) . Take a look at my other reviews if you don't believe me .
Anyway the good about this hotel :
It's location is fantastic , 5 minutes walk to the white sands and clear water of Amadores beach.
The main outdoor infinity pool is amazing and we really enjoyed swimming to the edge and looking at the view below. The indoor spa pool is also excellent with numerous jets, a sauna and steam room.
The entire hotel is spotlessly clean and the bathrooms have a separate bath / shower. The rooms also have a kitchenette ( more on that later ) and a large balcony with breathtaking sea views.
The buffet for breakfast ,lunch and diner was high quality and the choice was wide and varied ( as a vegetarian I don't normally say that! ).
The service in the salon bar was excellent , fast , polite and they always remembered our order.
The bad ;
Our biggest gripe by far was that all inclusive at this hotel is really not what we expected . Upon arrival , 11pm , we were given a glass of champagne ( lovely!) and told that a cold diner was waiting for us in the restaurant . The cold dinner consisted mainly of meat and salad , not particularly appetising. We were also not offered a drink and had to make do with the bottled water , the waiter had disappeared. Back in the room there was a mini fridge and despite being all inclusive and the tap water not being drinkable there was nothing in it . Back to reception and we were told we'd have to be charged for water as all inclusive ends at 11.30pm.
Also excluded from all inclusive is the a la carte restaurant , where guests on half board / all in get only a 25% discount.At diner only local wine , beer or soft drinks are included (no local spirits). But they do walk around with a trolley of spirits to entice you , but yet again all inclusive customers have to pay for these , all be it with a 50% discount . A similar occurrence occured daily at the pool wherea lovely chap made fresh cocktails , but again all inclusive customers must pay 50% for them.
The hotel also charges for the safe , 5 euro deposit and 2.40 euro per day . The deposit has to be paid cash , so you cannot just add it to your room.
Another thing is you have to return your beach towels to reception when you check out , otherwise your charged 15 euros per towel .
Some staff at this hotel were very unprofessional , one such member of staff mocked us for saying thank you during the breakfast service !
Overall the facilities and cleanliness at this hotel are excellent . But I would advise against paying extra for all inclusive as you receive very little extra for your money . A few simple changes would have vastly improved our experience at this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located 200 meters from Playa de Amadores, on the Costa de Mogan, the Gloria Palace Hotel Royal & Spa is a four-star superior establishment built in 2008 with natural stone, privileged views over Amadores beach, spectacular never-ending pool, exclusive rooms and executive suites. Its dedicated service, luxurious surroundings and breathtaking views makes it the most prestigious hotel in the area. Our goal is to provide our customers with a place to enjoy a calm, relaxing, caring and personalized service from our team of professionals. The extensive facilities are designed and decorated with exquisite taste, to convey a feeling of exclusivity and luxury to enjoy the deserved vacations. A hotel for all, from romantic getaways to business trips. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and Hotwire so you can book your Gloria Palace Royal Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gloria Palace Royal Hotel Puerto Rico
- Gloria Palace Royal Hotel And Spa
- Dunas Amadores
- Hotel Dunas Amadores
- Gloria Palace Royal Hotel & Spa Puerto Rico, Gran Canaria