Good quality hotel, with good service and a beatiful setting.
We got a room at block 4, which is situated nearest the traffic cross section. Some traffic noise could be heard, althought i didnt find it disturbing. As this is a pretty calm place, i didnt notice a lot of traffic at night, so this would be most troublesome at daytime. My guess would be that block 1 and 2 is less bothered with this.
The scenic is beatiful at this place. Hotel is placed in the hill side/cliff side, overlooking the beach and bay area and also having the perfect view of the sunset.
The pool area is really nice, and we spent most of the time on the sunbed drinking good drinks.
Room was good. Basic 2x90 cm bed side by side. Nothing special there. Big bathroom with shower and tub:) A little kitchen area with the basics and good wardrobe size.Porch was big, with a beatiful view of the beach,sea and sunset. Lovely.
Breakfast was very good, with a good selection of bakeries, warm food, fruit and all the otheres. Dinner was ok...basic buffe with meat and fish. Nothing to special.
We spent most of the time eating lunch and dinner on the amadores beach club on the right side of the beach, and have no regrets about it. This is THE place to eat and relax. So recommend everyone to drop the all inclusive, eat the beatiful breakfast on the hotel, and spend the evening on the beach club eating dinner and relaxing. You'll never regret on it.
Although not related to the hotel, worth mentioning is the timeshare/holiday club people infesting Puerto Rico. We tried to go to Puerto Rico, which is just a 20-30 min walk away, but went back to the hotel both times. On the walk in Puerto Rico about 10-15 different people confrontet us in different manners trying to get you to go on different hotels or clubs....REALLY annoying. Local authorities should really do something to get rid of this plague.
All in all...would we go back. Most likely not. Mainly because of the timeshare/holiday club sellers, but also because we like to see new places. Been there, done that:D
But the week we spent there, was all in all fantastic. We'll keep good memories of it, especially the beach club.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located 200 meters from Playa de Amadores, on the Costa de Mogan, the Gloria Palace Hotel Royal & Spa is a four-star superior establishment built in 2008 with natural stone, privileged views over Amadores beach, spectacular never-ending pool, exclusive rooms and executive suites. Its dedicated service, luxurious surroundings and breathtaking views makes it the most prestigious hotel in the area. Our goal is to provide our customers with a place to enjoy a calm, relaxing, caring and personalized service from our team of professionals. The extensive facilities are designed and decorated with exquisite taste, to convey a feeling of exclusivity and luxury to enjoy the deserved vacations. A hotel for all, from romantic getaways to business trips. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline and Travelocity so you can book your Gloria Palace Royal Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gloria Palace Royal Hotel And Spa
- Gloria Palace Royal Hotel Puerto Rico
- Dunas Amadores
- Hotel Dunas Amadores
- Gloria Palace Royal Hotel & Spa Puerto Rico, Gran Canaria