We read the reviews on this site before we went so we were expecting a good hotel. We got dropped off last and hotel certainly has the wow factor from the moment you arrive.
I cannot fault this hotel apart from the sun lounger situation where everyone puts their towels out but it wasn't a problem we just got up at 9-10 and done the same!
The rooms are large and have everything you want we had a good view and a good location in the hotel. The balcony was huge and was everything you wanted we loved the bathroom and you had shower/body wash in the shower which is handy if you forget yours. There was also a good hairdryer in the bathroom
They give you fresh beach towels everyday (In reception) so you don't even have to worry about taking them!
Breakfast was great you had so many choices of hot and cold and even about 5 types of different bread someday's you had to wait for the table to be made but it was done so quickly and professionally it didn't bother us. All the staff are friendly and helpful.
We got a taxi into the town most nite'sso did not stay at the hotel for the entertainment so cannot comment, we wanted a bit of variation in the evenings so one night we went to the Europa shopping centre a bit dated but ok for families and one nite we went to Purto Mogan which was very pretty and quaint but quiet so not much to do apart from eat and sit in a quiet bar (we did find one with a guitar player but don't know if that is every night) the rest of the nights we went into Purto Rico as there were many restaurants there, lively bars and live singers bit tacky but to be honest once you were in a bar it was great fun - you get a bit hassled by the touts but nothing that would put you off going there every night. Very cheap for drinks here as well €3-5 euro's for 2 pints and €10 euros for 4 long drinks as it is always happy hour so you pay for 2 and get 4 the cocktails were especially nice bout €6-7 euros. We ate in some very nice restaurants anywhere between €40-70 euro depending where you go. We decided to go to a chinese one night and it was awful it was a buffet and I didnt think it would be up to much at €8 euro each but my other half wanted to go - we wish we hadnt it was awful but never mind you have to try these things - there is a proper chinese restaurant (not buffet) but we didn't see this till we had allready eaten doh!
If anyone moans about this hotel they are seriously fussy the location is ideal and the beach was clean and beautiful and a short walk way. There is the opportunity to upgrade once you are there to half board or all inclusive (€35 per day per person from b & b to all inclusive) but it was for a minimum of 5 days so we didn't do it because we didnt want to stay at the hotel in the evening.
I would definately go back to this hotel again and would do 5 days all inclusive and 5 days b & b so you get the best of both worlds.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located 200 meters from Playa de Amadores, on the Costa de Mogan, the Gloria Palace Hotel Royal & Spa is a four-star superior establishment built in 2008 with natural stone, privileged views over Amadores beach, spectacular never-ending pool, exclusive rooms and executive suites. Its dedicated service, luxurious surroundings and breathtaking views makes it the most prestigious hotel in the area. Our goal is to provide our customers with a place to enjoy a calm, relaxing, caring and personalized service from our team of professionals. The extensive facilities are designed and decorated with exquisite taste, to convey a feeling of exclusivity and luxury to enjoy the deserved vacations. A hotel for all, from romantic getaways to business trips. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cancelon, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Gloria Palace Royal Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gloria Palace Royal Hotel Puerto Rico
- Gloria Palace Royal Hotel And Spa
- Dunas Amadores
- Hotel Dunas Amadores
- Gloria Palace Royal Hotel & Spa Puerto Rico, Gran Canaria