My boyfriend and I (we are in our twenties) stayed at the Morasol Suites in September 2010 on a self catering basis for seven nights. We booked with Thomas Cook.
After a brilliant flight and a short transfer, we arrived at the Morasol, which is located right next to the harbour in puerto rico and about a ten minute walk from the beach. On arrival, it is clear how immaculately clean and modern the complex is. The reception is airy, comfortable and luxurious with comfortable sofas, large bar area and internet facilities. The staff cant do enough to help you, they are English speaking and checked us into our room quickly and efficiently.
We has upgraded our room to a junior suite, which had gorgeous views of the harbour, hotel pool and lovely sunsets. The room was spacious, modern and impeccably clean. Air conditioning, TV, and all kitchen equiptment (fridge, toaster, juicer, coffee maker!) were included and the beds were comfortable. Plenty of storage space with a safety dep. box available to hire. I think this was 16euros for the week. The bathroom is lovely with marble suite and toiletries and fresh towels replaced daily.
The swimming pool area is lovely. Clean, plenty of sunbeds and gets good sun. You can request towels to use around the pool aswel. Nice pool bar for drinks and snacks during the day. We preferred the rooftop sun terrace which has cushioned sun loungers and a gorgeous jacuzzi looking onto the harbour. There is also a canopied area for beauty treatments/massage etc. Although i didnt have any treatments myself, it looked very professional and reasonably priced.
The hotel seemed quite quiet when we stayed there so we only sat in the bar a couple of times and used the hotel restaurant on our last night as we were self catering. The cocktails are fabulous and they do really good coffee in the morningl! The half board option is excellent value. The choice is basic but enjoyable. They did however have a more extensive and luxurious a la carte menu but we didnt have time to try this. The staff are so frIendly and helpful and the restaurant is really nicely furnished
In the area surrounding the Morasol suites, everything is within short walking distance of about 10-15mins. Shops, cafes, restaurants and a lovely clean beach. Our absolute favourite restaurant was Don Quiquote (this may be spelt incorrectly!), near the harbour. the food and service were amazing. We thouroughly enjoyed it. Lovely atmosphere and not unreasonably priced. Costs a little more than some places but well worth it. It was closed on Sunday though.
The commercial centre is about 20 mins walk, but you can get a 5min taxi ride for less than 5 euros. Lots of shops, bars and restaurants. Our favourite bar was Harleys, which is upstairs. Fab atmosphere, great bar staff and entertainment. Drinks reasonaly priced, and usually buy one get one free!!
Puerto rico is slightely quieter, so i probably wouldnt recommend for young groups of friends, but great for couples and families. We had an amazing time. It was really relaxing and just what we needed for a break. It was our first holiday together and we really couldnt fault it. The jacuzzi on the sun terrace was a really nice touch and the staff in the hotel cant do enough to help.
Would definately recommend the Morasol and will certainly visit again! If you're in any doubt, i would advise to just book it! You wont be disappointed!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This elegant and quiet hotel is located in the Marina, the most privileged area of Puerto Rico. The stunning views of the bay , the panoramic Solarium , the modern and spacious apartments and cozy studios ( both equipped with Satellite TV ) , the gourmet restaurant , and the friendliness and professionalism of the staff, make the HOTEL MORASOL SUITES **** a resting place for comfortable visits to Gran Canaria. The complex has a 24 -hour reception,a swimming pool and a total of 88 rooms, with living room, bathroom, hairdryer, telephone, satellite or cable, kitchenette, fridge and air conditioning, safe and wifi prior payment. The resort also features a cafe, bar, TV room, Jacuzzi and a la carte restaurant with non-smoking area. The MORASOL SUITES HOTEL restaurant serves typical Canarian, Spanish and international cuisine. With its friendly service and elegant setting, this hotel is an ideal base from which to explore Puerto Rico. PLEASE NOTE: Guests needing disability access will need to book 1 Bedroom Apartments, not Studio Apartments. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline and Travelocity so you can book your Morasol Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Morasol Hotel Puerto Rico
- Morasol Suites Puerto Rico, Gran Canaria