Puerto Rico hotels are built largely on the sides of cliffs, there are very few at "sea level". Morasol Suites, next to the Marina enjoys both a location without climbs but also a quiet(ish) setting. There are restaurants, a supermarket and a bar just 3 minutes away (through the tunnel), a further minute away the other side of the marina then the main beach is just another couple of minutes where there are a lot more bars and restaurants.
The hotel itself is not very large (less than 100 rooms) but 90% of those have excellent views of the marina and bay, an excellent place to watch the sun go down with a cocktail or beer.
The restaurant and reception staff (and cleaners) are exceptionally friendly and make every effort to assist. The Friday night barbeque is a must, set in the secluded patio area behind the hotel, it is good value with salad and sweet as well as the barbeque itself (live music too) for 15 euros.
Free wifi is available in the lobby but must be paid for in rooms, there are pay computers in the lobby. All sky sports channels are available in the bar, the rooms have BBC1/2 and ITV1.
Sunbathing at the pool on ground floor is good although there are plenty of 4am towel planters to deal with; the third floor rooftop lounge area is much quieter; it has a jacuzzi and people appear to have no problems with topless bathing. The hotel provides and replaces towels whenever you want to; you just pay a 10 euro deposit at the start of the holiday and retrieve it at the end.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This elegant and quiet hotel is located in the Marina, the most privileged area of Puerto Rico. The stunning views of the bay , the panoramic Solarium , the modern and spacious apartments and cozy studios ( both equipped with Satellite TV ) , the gourmet restaurant , and the friendliness and professionalism of the staff, make the HOTEL MORASOL SUITES **** a resting place for comfortable visits to Gran Canaria. The complex has a 24 -hour reception,a swimming pool and a total of 88 rooms, with living room, bathroom, hairdryer, telephone, satellite or cable, kitchenette, fridge and air conditioning, safe and wifi prior payment. The resort also features a cafe, bar, TV room, Jacuzzi and a la carte restaurant with non-smoking area. The MORASOL SUITES HOTEL restaurant serves typical Canarian, Spanish and international cuisine. With its friendly service and elegant setting, this hotel is an ideal base from which to explore Puerto Rico. PLEASE NOTE: Guests needing disability access will need to book 1 Bedroom Apartments, not Studio Apartments. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity and Hotels.com so you can book your Morasol Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Morasol Hotel Puerto Rico
- Morasol Suites Puerto Rico, Gran Canaria