“Great views”

GreenLeadersSilver level
LLandudno
“Great views”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

This was our 2nd stay in the Marina Suites, and I have previously reviewed the hotel.
We chose the hotel for a short break because it has a super position in the marina with great views.
Staff at the hotel are fabulous, very polite & hard working. Breakfasts are excellent with great choice & the management of the breakfast area has improved since last time we stayed. Although the hotel was full, there were no issues with table waits or lack of food choice!
Dinner was improved from our last stay, with lovely salads & plenty of variety. However the food can be cold, an improved warming system for the buffet would help. Staff are lovely.
Rooms are lovely, spacious and well serviced.
I still found the pool area a nightmare, the pool is beautiful but the public area is small & the sun beds are very cramped together, I would imagine that away from 1/2 term that its much more peaceful.
I wouldn't hesitate to go again for a short break, lovely location, clean,well serviced spacious apartment & lovely, hard working staff.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Happygirltraveller
marinasuites, Director Comercial at Marina Suites, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Dear Marina Suites Guest
I would like to thank you for taking the time to write your review.
I was delighted to hear you thoroughly enjoyed your second visit in the Marina Suites Hotel. Thank you for your very positive feedback about our hotel, the staff, the services, and more. I will ensure to pass all of your great compliments back to our team here at the hotel.
About the solarium, we hope to have the opportunity in a next future to enlarge our solarium, we will keep you informed.
I do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.
Kindest regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (919)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 17, 2013

I went with my husband and our two grown up children for a break from the drudgery of the British winter. I had an open mind and did not know what to expect. We all had a splendid time and Marina Suites was an ideal location but the best feature of this hotel by far was the infinity pool. I usually like to go and have a swim in the sea or at least try out other places but the pool was so relaxing and such a treat that I simply felt it was a waste of time.

We were located on the 8th floor overlooking the harbour and the Atlantic so had great views at night. I would say that the higher up you are the better. The room was clean, there was plenty of room and, though sparsely furnished, we all four had plenty of space. The food was above average, the service above average, the staff were friendly enough and it all worked well. My down side was that I like free wifi in the room and you could only get this in reception. This is a must now in the 21st century in my opinion.

I talked to many people who had been going there year after year. What I would say is this: although I have undoubtedly been to 'smarter' hotels where there is much better food served and far friendlier service, there is something special about this place because of its location, its relaxed atmosphere and the pool. I certainly did not want to leave and could have happily stayed for longer.

Room Tip: Go for rooms overlooking the sea rather than the pool and higher floors are less noisy.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear Marina Suites Guest,
Thank you very much for your wonderful review on Tripadvisor.
It is a great pleasure to hear that you and your family had a great stay with us.
Furthermore, we highly appreciate your words of praise regarding our staff and will be more than happy to pass your nice words over to them. About wifi, we will take your suggestion into consideration.
We would be delighted to welcome you and your family back on a further occasion and remain
with best regards
Ballymena, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Every February friends & I visit the Canary Islands to escape central Europe’s winter for a week plus recharge our batteries. After staying at several hotels in the Puerto Rico area, we found The Marina Suites 3 years ago. We love it here… it’s located directly beside one of the island’s largest marinas, 5 minute walk from Puerto Rico beach and 10 minutes walk to the popular costal path which takes you to the neighbouring Amadores Beach Resort. The hotel also has a large outdoor pool & lounge area, snack bar and is conveniently located to some well stocked general stores and several ‘amazing’ restaurants.

The hotel suites are roomy with a large bathroom, bedroom, living area and balcony. Depending on the configuration of suite you are looking for, some have two bedrooms too. The suite’s Galley Kitchen area is ideal for making breakfast each morning. Although the hotel offers Bed & Breakfast and Half Board options, we prefer to go self-catering allowing us to walk each morning to the local pâtisserie for fresh croissant, coffee, meats, cheese & milk.

Besides being one of the best kept, cleanest and ideally situated hotels in the area, a key factor for continuing to come back to The Marina Suites is largely due to their excellent Reception Staff. As the face of this hotel complex, they continue to offer a welcoming, helpful and professional level of service. I checked out on Monday shaking hands with the guys in reception knowing ‘God wiling’… we’ll see each other next year again.

Without question… 5/5.
Summary… “Home from Home”

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank R_Kernohan
marinasuites, Director Comercial at Marina Suites, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Dear Mr Kernohan,
Thank you for your feedback on the Marina Suites Hotel and I am delighted that you had, once more, an enjoyable stay with us. I am very pleased that you recognized the high level of service. We have a very passionate dedicated team who work consistently hard to make sure each and every guest has a memorable stay with us. It is nice to read that you did :-). I am very pleased to hear that you liked our rooms and found them to be very comfortable.
That said I do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Marina Suites Hotel on a future visit.
Warm regards,
Mélanie Lebourgeois
Sales & Marketing
Moss, Norway
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Friendly and serviceminded staff, particulary in the reseption. The pool was fantastick. Didn't get the room we had ordered, which was a disappointment. Too noicy, with children running and the cleaning staff starting their trolleys early in the morning. Large and nice flat, but not enough drawers. Had to pay for using the safe!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
marinasuites, Director Comercial at Marina Suites, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Dear Guest,
I was sorry to hear that you had mixed emotions about our hotel. Especially during winter month, the hotel experience high level of occupancy, that is why it may be sometimes difficult to give the expected room to our clients, but we always try to do this.
We hope to be able to welcome you back in the near future.
Kindest regards,
Dublin
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Such a nice hotel, can find no fault. Spotlessly clean, great staff, great breakfast and beautiful weather.
Apart from that....!

One of the nicest hotels I've ever stayed at.

We were there on honeymoon, and there was even a welcome gift on arrival. Nice to get a glimpse of how life could be.

Room Tip: Ask for a harbour view....
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank babysittingdad
Dear Guest.
Firstly thank you so much for taking the time to post these kind words following your stay with us. We pride ourselves on our attention to detail and the service we provide. So to hear the comments of one of our guest means so much to myself and the team. I do hope that you get the chance to stay with us again in the near future.
My best regards,
Reviewed February 10, 2013

This hotel is extremely clean.. very open.. the pool is just fantastic infinity pool and quite big.. staff were lovely.. The hotel is located in the marina about a 15 minute walk into the centre and about 5 minute walk to beach. There are 2 supermarkets located very close along with bars and restaurants.. The buffet breakfast is excellent value.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank salkelly
Dear Guest
Thank you for posting a review of your recent stay with us on Trip Advisor. It was a great pleasure to have you with us. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and thank you for sharing your comments. We look forward to welcoming you back for a return visit one day soon !
Kindest regards
Hannover, Niedersachsen, Germany
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Our stay at Marina in January was a dream come true. Everything was nice.
The staff is very friendly, the food tastes good, the rooms are large and clean.
The pool is fantastic overlooking the Atlantic. You start your days graet taking your breakfast outside in the open air. From the rooms you have a breathtaking view over the harbour to the beach. The beach is only five minutes to go. We can't wait to get there back again.

Room Tip: Which room you will take, you cannot make a mistake, we like the higher floors
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Joachim O
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your feedback on the Marina Suites Hotel and I am delighted that you had an enjoyable stay with us and that you liked our rooms and found them to be very comfortable.
Warm regards,
Gold By Marina
Gold By Marina
#1 of 134 in Playa del Ingles
Seaside Grand Hotel Residencia

Been to Marina Suites? Share your experiences!