“Excellent hotel an staff”

Gloria Palace Amadores Thalasso & Hotel
Ranked #4 of 68 Hotels in Puerto Rico
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Dublin, Ireland
“Excellent hotel an staff”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Just returned from 2 weeks at Gloria palace with husband and 1 child, this was our second visit to the hotel ( also first time we have ever returned to same hotel). Location beautiful easy access to beach which are just beautiful. Walking distance to Puerto Rico, short boat trip to amazing village of Morgan. On arrival our room clean, spacious, complimentary bottle champagne on ice and assortment of fruit nice touch. Excellent variety of food well presented. Amazing very hard working staff always ready for a chat or giggle.. Definitely will return just wish it was next week rather than next year.

Room Tip: Both our visits different levels ( 7th floor last time) this visit 1st floor views amazing either wa...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
GLORIA_TH, Public Relations Team at Gloria Palace Amadores Thalasso & Hotel, responded to this review, January 15, 2016
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent stay in GLORIA Palace Amadores Thalasso & Hotel**** and the time you have spent sharing your experience on Tripadvisor.

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us once again, especially the good food and your spacious and clean room. I am sure your lovely words about the animation team and their shows are a great encouragement for the them and you can be sure that we will pass them your comments. Furthermore we pretty much appreciate your description of the location and the easy access to all the places around from the hotel.

It would be a pleasure for us to welcome you again on your next holiday in Gran Canaria. For any further occasion, please don´t hesitate to contact us.

Public Relations Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,277)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Paisley, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 5, 2013

My husband and I stayed at Gloria Palace in Amadores from 18/7/13 - 1/8/13. I can honestly say it is by far one of the best hotel we have ever stayed in. The food was delicious & plentiful, there was also loads of choice for everyone. All inclusive drinks were also excellent, with lovely cocktails & also premium drinks were also served (i.e. smirnoff vodka, Gordons Gin etc.), not just there own drinks, like a lot of hotels. In addition we had a beautiful seaview room & would sit most evenings before dinner just gazing out to the sunset with a lovely cocktail in hand. The rooms were cleaned & towels were changed daily. The only thing I would say is that the evening entertainment was a bit of a hit & miss, nights like that we would just go the the chillout bar which was very relaxing. The staff were lovely & very polite, nothing was a problem for them. We are definately returning & would highly recommend this beautiful hotel, we absolutely loved it.

Room Tip: We had a room on the same floor as the reception area & we will definately be requesting this ro...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jacqueline H
GLORIA_TH, Public Relations Team at Gloria Palace Amadores Thalasso & Hotel, responded to this review, January 16, 2016
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing GLORIA Palace Amadores Thalasso & Hotel**** and the time you have spent sharing your experience on Tripadvisor.

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, especially the sea view from your balcony and the food and premium drinks.
I am sure your lovely words about staff and especially Raul are a great encouragement for the them and you can be sure that we will pass them your comments.

Thank your for recommending our hotel and it would be a pleasure for us to welcome you again on your next holiday in Gran Canaria. For any further occasion, please don´t hesitate to contact us.

Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is good and clean, the staff are pleasant,a good all inclusive. There is food for all tastes vegetarian and non vegetarian, but if you have special dietary request you may have to inform the hotel in advance. The gym was free between 1pm and 3pm which is daft, as my husband prefers to go in the morning when on holiday. The only down sides about the hotel for mine and my husband liking that it was a bit to big and we had to use a lift to get to the floor our room was on,as the stairs stopped at the 3rd floor (weird strange what ever you want to call it) cannot say we will or won't visit again. Never say never

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Clare M
GLORIA_TH, Public Relations Team at Gloria Palace Amadores Thalasso & Hotel, responded to this review, January 10, 2016
Dear Guest,

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, especially the food, the cleanliness and the pleasant staff.
We have also taken note of your suggestions regarding the gym.

However, we would be happy to welcome you again.

London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Just returned from a week with my two daughters aged 24 and 20! We had a great week. Rooms amazing, huge, tea and coffee available in room plus a bottle of something on ice in room when we arrived was a lovely touch! Staff very friendly! Food nice lots to chose from but tbh I've had better, a little dry in parts, ie overcooked chicken, but there was lots to chose from, bread fresh daily and eating outside watching sun going down is lovely!

Only gripes, sun beds, prime spots gone early, hotel need to do what a hotel did last year, fold up put on chair any towels out before 8, it works! Stunning views everywhere you turn.

All inc finishes at noon on last day which really annoyed me, only when I complained was I told we could have lunch, how nice of them! I paid for 7 days not 6, given we arrived very late and ate or drank nothing! I have never encountered this, planning on emailing hotel.

Would I go back? Probably not as we don't generally go back to same place. Would I recommend? Absolutely

Room Tip: Block four quiet rooms and amazing sea views
2 Thank Karen M
Dear Guest,

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, especially the rooms, the food and the friendly staff.

We have also taken note of your suggestion regarding the reservation of sunbeds and will try our best to improve that. I regret that you have felt mislead with the all inclusive package. If you visit our website all our conditions are well advertised.
If you would like to come back again you can book directly through our website.

However, we would be happy to visit you again and are very thankful for your recommendation of our hotel.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

Just returned from 2 weeks at the Gloria Palace with wife and 2 young kids,and would highly recommend.
Location is excellent, in between the lovely Amadores beach with its beachside restaurants, and the less impressive Puerto Rico with its shopping centre and persistent restaurant reps.
The food and drink in the hotel is of a high quality and great choice for both lunch and dinner, with burgers, sausages, fish and steak featuring on most days and the usual breakfast selection including the best fried bacon outside of the UK!! Prices within the hotel are a bit steep, 5 euro for 2 cups of coke at the poolside bar is I think unreasonable - however the hotel does offer an upgrade to all inclusive whilst staying. If like me,you booked the hotel through a third party I would recommend upgrading through them as we did - and got all inclusive for our second week at less than half the price the hotel quoted!!
The hotel is very family friendly with a kids pool area and kids club which is great as even my very shy 7 year old daughter got involved with, I can't praise the animation team enough!
Rooms are good sized with tea/coffee,good sized balconies and a decent selection of English tv channels. Maid service was every day and very efficient.
My only gripe would be that the usual problem of sunbed reservations was the worst I have ever encountered in any hotel I have stayed at. The beds by the pool were all reserved by the same people and I even overheard at the bar that they actually set their alarm for 6.00 am!!! There are more than enough sunbeds in the pool area and feel that like other modern hotels this should be discouraged especially when in some instances the beds were not even used to lunchtime! A trip to Puerto Mogan for the weekly Friday market is well worth a visit. Very attractive little town with a good selections of restaurants and shops.
All in all a very relaxing stay in Gran Canaria.

Room Tip: Higher the better for a sea view
2 Thank iand325
Dear Guest,

We are glad to hear that you generally enjoyed your stay with us, especially the location and the high quality and choice of food and drinks. We pretty much appreciate that you mentioned the family friendliness of our hotel and are thankful for highly recommending it.

Also, we have taken note of your suggestions regarding the reservations of sunbeds and appreciate your feedback in order to improve that point.

However, it would be a pleasure for us to welcome you again on your next holiday in Gran Canaria. For any further occasion, please don´t hesitate to contact us.

Hull
Reviewed August 4, 2013

We stayed here at the end of June for 2 weeks all inclusive. It is the best hotel we have stayed in to date. The room was very spacious and spotlessly clean with views over the pool and atlantic. The food was first class with a something to suit every taste, the all inclusive drink selection was the best I have ever had. The staff are friendly, polite and very helpful, the entertainment was good. I will definatly return here again in the future and recommend a stay at this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Aileen G
Dear Guest,

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, especially the food and drinks included in the AI package, the entertainment and your spacious room with its nice view. I am sure your lovely words about the staff are a great encouragement for the whole team and you can be sure that we will pass them your comments. We pretty much appreciate that you would recommend our hotel.

It would be a pleasure for us to welcome you again in your next holiday on Gran Canaria. For any further occasion, please don`t hesitate to contact us.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Having enjoyed a weeks holiday at the Gloria Palace Amadores last year we decided to go for two weeks this year and yet again, this wonderful hotel and it's amazing staff didn't let us down.

I won't go into every detail as my first review last year covered most aspects of the hotel.

As mentioned previously, there has been improvements made since we last visited. A/I now last an extra half hour at night. Smirnoff and Gordons are now part of the drinks menu on A/I in addition to other top brands. WiFi is now available throughout the hotel although the strength is still best at reception and the Bar / Salon and is surprisingly good at the pool area. I found the signal weakest in our room.

The most telling thing about this year was the amount of repeat customers who decide to go back time and time again - from the people I spoke to, I would say that around 70% of them have stayed there before and fully intend on going back next year.

There is a nice blend of guests and the atmosphere around the hotel is fantastic - get yourself involved in the daytime activities and you'll soon find yourself chatting to other guests and before you know it you'll be on first name terms with half the hotel. This year, there was a group of us (approx 15-20) that all got to know each other and it made the holiday even better - if you were there during the last two weeks of July, you might've noticed the large group who were up dancing after the entertainment had finished!

It's impossible not to write this review and not mention the food - the choice and quality is fantastic and some of the dishes wouldn't be out of place in a top quality restaurant. A special mention for the Canarian sauce (Mojo) that is beautiful and goes with almost anything!

I'll finish by thanking the people who made this a fantastic holiday - firstly, the friends from Ireland that we met - Lee, Sandra, Richard, Rowena, Mick, Trish and the rest of the group.
Secondly, the staff at the hotel who are friendly, helpful and look genuinely happy at their work - they are a credit to the hotel. A special mention to my favourite barman 'Pedro' who once again looked after us in the bar area - a real gentleman.

To finish then.......
Would I recomend this hotel? Absolutely.
Would I return? Already looking for next year!
Is there a better located hotel on the island? Probably not.
Would I recommend All Inclusive? Without a doubt.

Room Tip: Don't think there is a bad room in the hotel. Email the hotel directly and they will do their be...
2 Thank Chisy1
Dear Guest,

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us once again and especially that you were impressed of our improvements regarding the Wifi and All inclusive package.
I am sure your lovely words about the staff are a great encouragement for the them and you can be sure that we will pass them your comments.
Furthermore, we pretty much appreciate your positive comments about the choice and quality of food and that you would recommend our hotel.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Puerto Rico
#4 of 134 in Playa del Ingles
Cordial Mogan Playa
Cordial Mogan Playa
#1 of 2 in Puerto de Mogan

Been to Gloria Palace Amadores Thalasso & Hotel? Share your experiences!