“Mega Hotel Great All Inclusive”

Gloria Palace Amadores Thalasso & Hotel
Ranked #4 of 70 Hotels in Puerto Rico
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Ebbw Vale, United Kingdom
“Mega Hotel Great All Inclusive”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

This was our first trip to the canaries so were a bit unsure of what to expect, we had a private taxi from the airport it was included in our booking, it really made a difference I try and get this transfer by taxi every time know much more relaxing after a flight, when we got to the hotel we were the only ones checking in so the reception staff payed a lot of attention to us, they were expecting 2 couch loads to arrive from the airport ( thank god for that taxi ), there were about 6 to 7 staff behind the desk, they all made a point to great and speak to us, I had emailed to request a sea view in block 3, that's exactly what we got the view was unbelievable, our cases were taken to our rooms by the porter, we checked out the room, everything was spotless, nice big comfy bed, tea / coffee making with plenty of supplies, the unpacked the case and decided to get our bearings as its a big hotel it can be a bit confusing ie: the lifts are all upside down, you will get used to it 4 is low and 1 is high, anyway we worked our way towards the reception, the coaches had just arrived so it was like a cattle market, we went to one of the pools to get a drink, again the views were really great from both of the pools, I thought I would sample a cocktail and ended up having a few, they were the best I've had, the girls at the pool bar rally made them well potent as hell but really nice taste,
The food was really nice something there for every taste, the reastrant was big but we usually sat out on the terrace sometimes you had to wait a little for a table but the head waiters soon got to know you and tended to look after you, rally great service drinks flowing throughout all meal times, champagne sometimes at breakfast with scrambled egg & smoked salmon really nice, at lunch we would go to the terrace area and usually the same waiters would serve you and got used to what you were drinking, one afternoon I mentioned to the waiter ( he looked like mike Phillips the welch rugby scrum half ) that the wine glasses were on the small side he was for ever topping up my wine, he returned with one of those wine glasses that hold a pint of wine so that was the end of my day Ha Ha, like I said the staff were excellent, at dinner there were live cooking stations the veal was cooked as you wanted it, I wanted some aioli and asked one of the chefs, he told me he'll have some made up and brought to my table, within a few minuets a bowl arrived at the table it was perfect, the next day at lunch I was putting some salad etc on my plate and here comes the chef showing me that now aioli will be besides the mayo at every lunch & dinner times, what service.
We did ventur out to both beaches, they were really nice just a walk of about 15 to 20 mins in either direction using the costal path, we tended to stay by the pool most days as it was all inclusive and the drinks were top quality, the pool on the left if you look out to sea was the best the bar staff were great nothing too much trouble, we would stay by the pool until about 6ish and then head back to our room on the way we would pass the reception and the lobby bar, I would pick up a bottle of cava in an ice bucket & two wine classes most days, really nice to sit on your balcony before a little sleep and all inc at no cost,

All in all I would say the hotel was really great value and the staff were really nice, the entertainment was,nt great but that didn't really bother us, it was a really nice relaxing break, thanks to all at the Gloria palace.

Room Tip: Email the hotel if you want a particular room choice, we had block 3 good sea view and quiet, lookin...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank yuasa77
GLORIA_TH, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Gloria Palace Amadores Thalasso & Hotel, responded to this review, January 20, 2016
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing GLORIA Palace Amadores Thalasso & Hotel**** and the time that you have spent sharing your experience on Tripadvisor.

It is a great pleasure that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you are especially commenting on the excellent Reception staff and that you enjoyed the food in the restaurant.

Our team is absolutely glad to know that you truly enjoyed your stay and gave such a high score for our Hotel.

We would like to see you one more time on our wonderful sunny island!

Glad Regards,

Guest Relation Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,243)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

My girlfriend and I have stayed at this hotel twice, once in January 2012 and again in May 2013 for a week each time. Both times we had an excellent stay. The hotel itself is super nice. Very well designed and everything you could need. It's built into the hillside and looks out to sea. All rooms have a sea view. You access the pedestrian promenade by elevator and it's just a short walk to the harbour and then into Puerto Rico town. The rooms are spacious, all with a balcony. All very clean with lovely bathrooms. The restaurant is great. Buffet service with a huge range of foods and freshly cooked items too. Go for full or half board as we were never bored with what was on offer. The hotel staff were great too. Very helpful and friendly and we didn't come across one single rude staff member. We didn't really go for the entertainment much - not really our thing - but when we did, it was pretty ok. Two lovely pools and lounging areas and a kids area and pool for them too. On the whole - no complaints, we've been there twice now and we might skip a year or two, but we'll certainly be going back in a couple of years. Maybe with a baby or two. And maybe for two weeks next time.

Room Tip: The lowest level rooms in blocks 3 and 4 have walkways outside their balconies, mostly just for staf...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank KilbegganRanger
GLORIA_TH, Public Relations Team at Gloria Palace Amadores Thalasso & Hotel, responded to this review, January 16, 2016
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent stay in GLORIA Palace Amadores Thalasso & Hotel**** and the time you have spent sharing your experience on Tripadvisor.

We are glad to hear that you could enjoy your stay with us once again, especially the choice of fresh food and the spacious and clean rooms with balcony.
I am sure your lovely words about the staff are a great encouragement for them and you can be sure that we will pass them your comments.

It would be a pleasure for us to welcome you again on your next holiday in Gran Canaria. For any further occasion, please don´t hesitate to contact us.

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

From the moment we entered the very spacious check-in / reception area, to be greeted with a glass of bubbly, we encountered staff that could not be nicer and wanted to look after your every want" sometimes suggesting a want" like swimming towels, safe, advice where to go and what to see, etc.
Our room was spotless, huge, with all mod cons ( even a couch and two armchairs ) and was in Block 3 half way up and the view from our full width porch window was an uninterrupted vision of the beautiful blue sea with the added extra of going to bed and awaking to the sound of the soft waves lapping off the cliffs below.
To look down and around from our large veranda at the sea, the walkways to Amadores beach and Puerto Rico can be said to be amazing but this does not do it justice and would have to be "googled" to have some sort of idea just how beautiful it really is and this would include the "glass" lift down to the walkways which has to be experienced to enjoy.

We were on an all inclusive package and the food from the spotlessly clean, large restaurant on our block, staffed by lovely people, was of an extremely high standard, I have had less tasty steaks in eateries at home, with a great variation of menu, plus a different theme counter every night, and all cooked fresh mostly in front of you by the many chef's. Once in the restaurant I just requested a beer and the waiter asked me did I not want some wine also, happy days, but I declined.
The swimming pool/relaxation areas were beautiful, again spotless, very spacious with fully stocked bar's and had snack's, in case you missed a meal, with also tapa's, fruit skewers, and cocktail's normally on the go being brought round by the never tiring "Recreation" staff who were just amazing.
The entertainment at night was in another big, but very comfortable, family friendly lounge and again was of such a high standard we stayed in every night, except for ths last one when we went on the town, and although the magician's, singer's, trick cyclist, etc were great the fantastic dance troupe with the continous quick change costume routine were just stupendous and I do not know how they managed to do such a show for that length of time.
Also as an added bonus if you were in the reception area bar in the early evening you were serenaded by the resident musician, on a baby grand plus keyboard, and his lovely songstress companion for a couple of hours before the nightly stuff began.

My wife felt at ease from the very start, always a good sign, really enjoyed herself and we could go on and on about the food, free flowing drinks/cocktail's from the many bars, the wonderful staff, the fantastic hotel/views but this "special place" would have to be visited to really appreciate it's warmth and wonder and we cannot wait to return.

Dermot M.

Room Tip: All rooms face the sea but the ones higher up have a better view.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Dermot M
Dear Dermot,

It is a great pleasure for us to know that you enjoyed your stay and considered our Hotel as special place.

Also, I would like to thank you for giving such a high score for our fantastic hotel team and services provided. We are working a lot for this area and trying to provide excellent service for our dear guests.

It is a great pleasure that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and that you are especially commenting on the excellent Animation staff and that you recommend the food.

We are expecting to see you in Gloria Palace next time!

Sunny Regards,

Unst, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

from start to finish I loved this holiday! When we stepped off the transfer coach we were greeted by a smiley security guard whom took our luggage intot he hotel for us. At reception we were greeted with Big smiles and welcomes and a glass of cava! On shown to our rooms I was mesmerised by the beauty and views from the hotel itself! All the rooms look out towards the sea (although not all have a sea view) Myself and my partner were in Block 1 looking over the adult pool, the nudist area and out to the sea! it was stunning! Whilst we were staying here there was a wedding and it was just beautiful so we even got to see this aswell! The hotel can be very confusing when you first arrive as the elevators are back to front room wise! but once you get the hang of it you understand and learn where you are going!!
The food in the hotel was lovely...We went All Inclusive and found there was an excellent selection of food to choose from. different themes every night! there was a seperate kids section for food and also for them to eat in aswell as a kiddies play area in the restaurant! The balcony in the restaurant is stunning to have your dinner on in the evening looking out to sea! It was very romantic.
We travelled with Thomas Cook and missed our Welcome Meeting but our rep Sarah was fantastic. She told us some very interesting hints and tips and recommended the Aphrodite event to us! WHich is a Turkish gulet cruise. it sails along the coastline. everyone has their very own sun bed to lay on and you get waiter service with all your drinks and they come round with tapas including potatoes, cheese, crackers, olives, biscutis! It was fantastic. they serve up a buffet lunch and have a swim stop aswel as stopping off along the coast to tell you interesting facts! It is well and truly worth the money and I would definately recommend it to anyone. She aso recommended Musical Tavern which was Phenomenal! The reps work very hard in Gran Canaria everywhere we went Sarah seemed to crop up. She truly was a great highlight of our holiday. very knowledgeable.
We love the location of the hotel as it was quiet enough to chill but close enough to the beautiful amadores beach...its like a tropical paradise or a short 20 minute walk into puerto rico. You can take the lift down to the coastal path with your room key and walk along the coast line to either resort. The staff in the hotel are very welcoming and friendly and will go out of their way to do anything for you. It was my partners birthday on the last day of our holiday and a bottle of cava made its way up to our room! We loved the fitness classes aswell!! I loved zumba and the water aerobics I dont normally do things lie this on holiday but it was very entertaining and everyone was getting involved and there was like a proper community feel.
I couldnt have wished for a better holiday and I for one will 110% be returning to the Gloria Palace Amadores.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Janice M
Dear Guest,

We are glad to know that you liked the great selection at the restaurant buffet and that the staff is very friendly.

I am very pleased to read that once again you enjoyed at the hotel and I am also very thankful for your review, especially for the compliments about the staff and the our Animation programmes, which you enjoyed.

We hope to see you soon one more time!

Warm Regards,

Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

excellent location, food was to die for.... had beautiful suite with sea view... loved watching the various water sports from the balcony.... which was in shade for a short while each day... but I didn't mind.... Loved the cliff walk to Amadores beach to the right and Puerto Rico to the left....One word of advice... if you don't want a swimming pool area crowded with children and noise.... use the upper one.... it's much more relaxing and couple friendly....

Room Tip: .... room with a sea view
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Bernadette B
GLORIA_TH, Public Relations Team at Gloria Palace Amadores Thalasso & Hotel, responded to this review, January 10, 2016
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing GLORIA Palace Amadores Thalasso & Hotel**** and the time you have spent sharing your experience on Tripadvisor.

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, especially the excellent location with walking distance to Puerto Rico and Amadores along the cliff promenade. Furthermore we pretty much appreciate your positive comments about the good food and the sea view and we are happy that you had a relaxing time at the upper, quiet pool.

All the GLORIA team would be happy to welcome you again.

Bradford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

we have stayed at this hotel 9 times and cant fault it at all.the staff cant do enough for you,the cleaners do a very good job,your room,bedding and towels are always clean.the food is good with plenty of choice.its quiet at night cause of its location and every room as a sea view.no other hotels in front of you.they always make you welcome when you arrive.cant really complain at all,just had a week in june and are going back for christmas again.very good hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank graham m
Dear Guest,

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, especially the food and its plenty of choice as well as the sea view from your room. I am sure your lovely words about the staff are a great encouragement for the whole team and you can be sure that we will pass them your comments.

All the GLORIA team would be happy to welcome you again.

Dublin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

We stayed for the first time here after hearing great reviews over the years. The place was spotless and you can't fault them for the variety of food. We really enjoyed the hotel and the food was ok but not a 5 star, maybe a very good 3 star. It wasn't worth the extra money to be honest.

We were very disappointed with the spa, having been to the spa in San Augustin years before we didnt enjoy this one. The Sauna wasnt working, one of the pools was closed and it didnt have the same level of cleaniness as the rest of the hotel.

The location of the hotel isnht great, the rooms barely get any sun as the sun passes straight over the hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank sar101
Dear Guest,

We really regret that we could not meet all your expectations during your stay. We have taken note of all your suggestions regarding the food, the spa and the location. We will pass them trough to the certain departments in order to improve those points.

However, we would be happy to welcome you again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Puerto Rico
Seaside Sandy Beach
Seaside Sandy Beach
#4 of 135 in Playa del Ingles
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,188 reviews

Been to Gloria Palace Amadores Thalasso & Hotel? Share your experiences!