This was our first trip to the canaries so were a bit unsure of what to expect, we had a private taxi from the airport it was included in our booking, it really made a difference I try and get this transfer by taxi every time know much more relaxing after a flight, when we got to the hotel we were the only ones checking in so the reception staff payed a lot of attention to us, they were expecting 2 couch loads to arrive from the airport ( thank god for that taxi ), there were about 6 to 7 staff behind the desk, they all made a point to great and speak to us, I had emailed to request a sea view in block 3, that's exactly what we got the view was unbelievable, our cases were taken to our rooms by the porter, we checked out the room, everything was spotless, nice big comfy bed, tea / coffee making with plenty of supplies, the unpacked the case and decided to get our bearings as its a big hotel it can be a bit confusing ie: the lifts are all upside down, you will get used to it 4 is low and 1 is high, anyway we worked our way towards the reception, the coaches had just arrived so it was like a cattle market, we went to one of the pools to get a drink, again the views were really great from both of the pools, I thought I would sample a cocktail and ended up having a few, they were the best I've had, the girls at the pool bar rally made them well potent as hell but really nice taste,
The food was really nice something there for every taste, the reastrant was big but we usually sat out on the terrace sometimes you had to wait a little for a table but the head waiters soon got to know you and tended to look after you, rally great service drinks flowing throughout all meal times, champagne sometimes at breakfast with scrambled egg & smoked salmon really nice, at lunch we would go to the terrace area and usually the same waiters would serve you and got used to what you were drinking, one afternoon I mentioned to the waiter ( he looked like mike Phillips the welch rugby scrum half ) that the wine glasses were on the small side he was for ever topping up my wine, he returned with one of those wine glasses that hold a pint of wine so that was the end of my day Ha Ha, like I said the staff were excellent, at dinner there were live cooking stations the veal was cooked as you wanted it, I wanted some aioli and asked one of the chefs, he told me he'll have some made up and brought to my table, within a few minuets a bowl arrived at the table it was perfect, the next day at lunch I was putting some salad etc on my plate and here comes the chef showing me that now aioli will be besides the mayo at every lunch & dinner times, what service.
We did ventur out to both beaches, they were really nice just a walk of about 15 to 20 mins in either direction using the costal path, we tended to stay by the pool most days as it was all inclusive and the drinks were top quality, the pool on the left if you look out to sea was the best the bar staff were great nothing too much trouble, we would stay by the pool until about 6ish and then head back to our room on the way we would pass the reception and the lobby bar, I would pick up a bottle of cava in an ice bucket & two wine classes most days, really nice to sit on your balcony before a little sleep and all inc at no cost,
All in all I would say the hotel was really great value and the staff were really nice, the entertainment was,nt great but that didn't really bother us, it was a really nice relaxing break, thanks to all at the Gloria palace.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located between the beaches of Puerto Rico and Amadores, Gloria Palace Amadores Thalasso & Hotel is built on a cliff top and integrated into the landscape, providing spectacular views over the ocean from all parts of the hotel. Built in 2004, the hotel boasts one of Europe's best equipped thalassotherapy centres. In just a few years, the elegant surroundings and top class, friendly service have made it one of the most popular hotels on the Island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Gloria Palace Amadores Thalasso & Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gloria Palace Amadores Thalasso And Hotel
- Gloria Palace Amadores Thalasso & Hotel Puerto Rico, Gran Canaria
- Gloria Palace Amadoresthalasso Hotel
- Gloria Palace Amadoresthalasso Mogan
- Hotel Gloria Palace Amadores
- Amadores Gloria Palace
- Gloria Palace Puerto Rico