“#brillanthotel#”

Gloria Palace Amadores Thalasso & Hotel
Ranked #5 of 68 Hotels in Puerto Rico
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Spent the first week of June 2013 at this hotel, fabulous easy going establishment, from our first day, to our last this place didn't disappoint, very clean rooms, friendly staff, good family environment,

The Get in Shape Spa was a lovely experience, we thought it was a wee bit expensive and never realised that on a Thursday is was 50% off, which sold it to me and my partner which we loved.

The All Inclusive ends at 11.30pm nightly,some people complain about this but its your own fault, you have loads of time from morning to night to take full advantage.

The entertainment at night time is will tick your boxes, its a happy go easy experience, don't expect Olly Murs or anything but in fairness, they do, try hard, so 10/10 for effort.

The food is very good and a large selection of varied choices to chose from, only down side which isn't the hotels fault, if you were to eat at your favourite restaurant back home five/six times a day, imagine how you would feel come the sixth day??
We headed to a wee restaurant in the Puerto Rico Centre,San Migeal, excellent change of scenery, lovely meal outside of the All Inclusive.

I finish by saying my whole experience in the Gloria Palace was very very good, hope to be back here again in the future for another wonderful battery charging weeks holiday, the staff couldnt do enough for you and are always smiling and willing to help.

A big thanks to the hotel and staff for giving us wonderful experience
XXOOXX

Room Tip: Our room was excellent, Sea Views, Reception,Restaurant, All Inclusive Snack Bar, all on our block...
2  Thank dinnyred
GLORIA_TH, Public Relations Team at Gloria Palace Amadores Thalasso & Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2016

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing GLORIA Palace Amadores Thalasso & Hotel**** and the time you have spent sharing your experience on Tripadvisor.

We are glad to hear that you could enjoy your stay with us, especially the good food, the entertainment and the Spa.
I am sure your lovely words about the staff and the service are a great encouragement for them and you can be sure that we will pass them your comments.

It would be a pleasure for us to welcome you again on your next holiday in Gran Canaria. For any further occasion, please don´t hesitate to contact us.

There are newer reviews for Gloria Palace Amadores Thalasso & Hotel

Reviewed June 16, 2013

Just back from our third visit to Gloria Palace and it was even better than I remembered. The moment we walked through the door to reception our holiday started. I phoned the week before we travelled with various requests and these were all heeded. The weather was fabulous and we had a very relaxing time, sitting by the pool reading, swimming and eating far too much of the excellent food. The staff, both front of house and behind the scenes work very hard and are to be congratulated for looking after us so well. Thanks to all, we'll be back soon.

Room Tip: All rooms have a sea view
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
GLORIA_TH, Public Relations Team at Gloria Palace Amadores Thalasso & Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2016

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent stay in GLORIA Palace Amadores Thalasso & Hotel**** and the time you have spent sharing your experience on Tripadvisor.

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed a relaxing time with us one again. I am sure your lovely words about the staff are a great encouragement for the whole team and you can be sure that we will pass them your comments.

We would be happy to welcome you again.
For any further occasion, please don´t hesitate to contact us.

Reviewed June 15, 2013

This hotel was recommended by our travel agent and I wasn't disappointed.

The staff at this hotel were excellent, very friendly and smiley and always helped me when asked.

We went all inclusive and it was diffidently worth it as me and my friends drank a lot (alcoholic and non alcoholic)

The rooms were lovely, very large and clean and towels and bedsheets wee changed everyday which was nice, we had a lovely view of the pool and out to the sea and it was nice to sit out watching the sun go down with a glass of wine.

The food was very good, they did different styles everyday and not the same things so it wasn't boring also the room was very big and a good view out as well.

Their are taxi's at the reception always there 24/7 and only around 3 euros into the town centre, very hilly so if you walk be warned.

The only downside I would say isn't with the hotel or staff but its the location, a few more late night clubs in the town it needed but lots of bars and restaurants to eat at all through the day and into the night.

Big thumbs up from me and my 2 friends.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
GLORIA_TH, Public Relations Team at Gloria Palace Amadores Thalasso & Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2016

Dear Guest,

We are glad to hear that you could enjoy your stay with us, especially the food and your room with nice view.
I am sure your lovely words about the staff are a great encouragement for them and you can be sure that we will pass them your comments.

Reviewed June 14, 2013

We loved this hotel, we were in block 4 on the ground floor with a large terrace and fantastic views out to sea. We found the food good, the service was excellent, though the upper snack bar was a bit ropey at times and the hotel standards throughout were generally good. I have to agree with other reviews that the entertainment was a bit hit & miss but hey ho its not the end of the world. The lift situation is a bit of a novelty and it takes a week to get your bearings you have to get your head around floor 7 is down and floor 1 is up and we spent many times heading out at completely the wrong floor! all that aside I would absolutley recommend this hotel to anyone (actually) i already have!) a fabulous holiday and we will definatley return.

Room Tip: we loved block 4 ground floor for the privacy, the size, and the view
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank shellybell99

Dear Guest,

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, especially the views, the food and the service.
We have also taken note of your suggestions regarding the entertainment and will pass them through in order to improve that point.

We are very thankful, that you recommended the hotel and would be happy to welcome you again. For any further occasion, please don´t hesitate to contact us.

Reviewed June 13, 2013

We just got back 01/06/13 from a 2week stay was our 7th time in the Gloria Palace. It was yet another amazing holiday it is a hotel witch we find faultless the staff are so friendly and helpful ,food amazing, hotel very clean ,rooms are massive. My husband and I would like to take this oppitunety to say a BIG thank you to all the staff at the Gloria palace and looking forward to seeing you all again in December .Margaret & John

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Margret & John,

Thank you for your recent stay in GLORIA Palace Amadores Thalasso & Hotel**** , for your loyalty over the past years and the time you have spent sharing your experience on Tripadvisor.

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us once again, especially the good food and the overall cleanliness. I am sure your lovely words about the staff are a great encouragement for the whole team and you can be sure that we will pass them your comments.

We would be happy to welcome you again.
For any further occasion, please don´t hesitate to contact us.

Reviewed June 13, 2013

Having stayed at this hotel in previous years we sort of knew what to expect with the amazing location & stunning views! What we didn't realise was just how good the restaurant & catering staff actually were. After we had booked our holiday we found out that our 8yr old daughter had been diagnosed with coeliac disease and needed a strict gluten free diet. We contacted the hotel via E-mail to raise our concerns with this & with the risks of cross contamination with the diet, within a couple of days they replied reassuring us that there would be no problem. Having arrived we were still sceptical as this was our first time away since diagnosis and our daughter was still coming to terms with it, but from day 1 they couldn't do enough for us, everything was cooked fresh & separate from everything else no matter what we ordered be it pizza, pasta, roast dinner or just plain old burger n chips, nothing was too much trouble & the food was amazing, so much so our daughter hasn't eaten that well away from home ever! The restaurant staff would always make sure the chef knew the minute we sat down so he could start cooking Alvaro in particular was very good, always making sure our daughter had something to do whilst waiting for food as other people around were eating & the head chef ( our daughter called the Smiley Chef) always brought the food out himself, then came out when we left to make sure everything was good. We weren't sure if we would be able to go abroad with our daughter before this holiday, now we know for certain we will be visiting again and going nowhere else!

Room Tip: Try to avoid rooms overlooking nudist section if you have young children although it is all screened...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Kara H
GLORIA_TH, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Gloria Palace Amadores Thalasso & Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2016

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing GLORIA Palace Amadores Thalasso & Hotel**** and the time that you have spent sharing your experience on Tripadvisor.

I am absolutely glad to hear your comments about our staff and that our team could deal with your case with no problem.

We value our guests and we are always trying to satisfy even the most non-typical requests and develop a special approach if needed.

Thank you one more time for your positive review and we will be excited to see you in our hotel next time.

Sunny Regards,

GLORIA Palace Amadores Thalasso & Hotel****
Guest Relation Team

Reviewed June 12, 2013

My husband and I have just returned from a weeks stay at the Gloria Palace Amadores (HB). Arriving Thursday 30th May, we were greeted with a champagne welcome drink. The reception area was huge with windows overlooking the sea. Plenty of staff on reception and all happy to help. Check in was quick so overall, good first impressions.

We stayed in block 3, 5th floor which was the same floor as the restaurant. Our room was bigger than what we expected, very clean and tidy. Our balcony has really big, I liked that it was very private. The view was just incredible and we spent many evenings watching the sunset. It was situated above a road, some say the traffic noise was really loud but didn't seem a problem from our room (3506). You could hear a little traffic noise, but nothing to make an issue out of.

The restaurant was excellent and the all the staff from cooks to waiters all welcomed you with a smile. I was really impressed with one waiter that had served us every night since arriving. He remembered where we liked to sit and even had ordered us our regular drinks before we had even sat down - very impressed and really liked that he paid attention to the guests. I did think they could've included at least one drink a night within the HB price as it did get a little expensive having to buy your drinks every night, but hey ho. As for the food, again excellent. Brilliant choice-there was something for everyone! Some people have mentioned the food was 'warm' or a little cold, but we ate breakfast and dinner there for 7 nights and we enjoyed it every time. There was never a time food wasn't up to a high standard and I really cannot praise the staff enough.

The pools were busy at times. What didn't help was that a large family had reserved poolside sun loungers from the first day of their stay and didn't seem to adhere to the 'adult only' pool rule. They were the only family that let their children mess about in the 'adult' pool which for someone travelling without children, wanting total relaxation irritated me abit as I thought it was quite ignorant of them to let their children swim in the adult pool, but this wasn't the hotels fault. Maybe the pools could be abit more monitored in the future? That aside, both pools and pool areas were really clean and very relaxing with staff coming round during the day with drinks, fruit and sweets which I thought was a nice touch.

We didn't use the spa as at 23 euros each just to use the pools for 2 hours seemed a little expensive. It was a shame as they looked gorgeous, maybe next time we will try them when we have more euros to spend!

The only niggles we really had re the hotel was kids in the adult pool as mentioned above and also there was a lot of germans staying there. At first it didn't bother us but as the days past it did irritate us a little as we felt inferior at times being english. I didn't let it get to me too much though. Also, the lifts as mentioned by a number of people did annoy you after a while. I had read about them before we left and thought things like that wouldn't bother me but... they were quite slow and seemed to take ages to get to your level. They also seemed to have a mind of their own at times. Considering the amount of people staying at the hotel, they only had 4 lifts which would take you down to the promenade. Saying that, these were all minor things and didn't interfere with our trip, so please don't be put off!

The night time entertainment was quite poor if I'm being honest, so we tried to go out on an evening. Location wise, the hotel is a 10 min walk in either direction to both Puerto Rico beach & Amadores beach. We preferred going to Puerto Rico beach as the walk was nicer as walking to Amadores was quite hilly (and we are just unfit lol!) and it just seemed closer. The sand on Pueto Rico beach was nicer too.

Pueto Rico Harbour/beach had the usual tourist shops/bars and also had a handy Spar shop. The only annoying thing which put us off is that everyone tries to get you into their restaurant/bar and some can be very pushy and just won't take no for an answer. At first, we were polite and made our excuses but sadly by the end, we would just say a very firm NO WE DON'T WANT TO and just leave it at that. Don't let this put you off though as I guess any tourist town gets like that. It just got a bit wearing after a few days.

Amadores beach on the other hand is a gorgeous bay and there are many bars/restaurants on the beachfront which again all try and make you visit their restaurant/bar but don't seem to be as pushy as the ones in Pueto Rico.

Excursion wise - we went on the Spirit of the Sea dolphin watching trip twice as we enjoyed it so much (will do separate review) and took a ferry boat to Mogan was really nice day out. Mogan is beautiful! We also booked a 5hr supercat cruise through Thomas Cook which was really relaxing. These all left from Puerto Rico Harbour. The Spirit of the Sea cost 25 euros each, a return to Mogan cost around 6 euros each I think. We also did a day trip to Palmitos Park. We took the no 70 bus from Puerto Rico Bus Station (cost 3.20 euros single each) which took us all the way there. Excellent day out which I would thoroughly recommend! I had a photo taken with a dolphin for 20 euros!

Overall my husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our holiday and will definitely be returning at some point. The staff were excellent, helpful and friendly. I was even able to use the showers in the Spa to freshen up after we had checked out whilst waiting for our transfer.

Thank you Gloria Palace Amadores for such a lovely, relaxing holiday!!

Room Tip: Blocks 3 and above seem to be best if you want peace and quiet. Also email them requesting a high fl...
3  Thank Erica P

Dear Guest,

We are glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. Furthermore, we pretty much appreciate that you liked the facilities from the hotel as well as the food.

We also would like to say thank you for giving such a good score for our Restaurant and Reception Team.

I would also like to thank you for pinpointing the details that you found not very good, such as better pool monitoring, lack of lifts and poor animation programme. I appreciate your feedback, which is very important for us in order to improve our service and maintain the standards.

Our team really hopes to see you in the nearest future!

Glad Regards,

#1 of 2 in Puerto de Mogan
Melia Tamarindos
Melia Tamarindos
#6 of 19 in San Agustin

Been to Gloria Palace Amadores Thalasso & Hotel? Share your experiences!