Our family of 6 (2A 4C) stayed at this hotel for the first week of Easter. It was the best hotel I have stayed in - and I have travelled Europe well. The reception staff are really helpful and staff are ready to take your luggage to your room. The rooms are the biggest that I have stayed in and the maid even leaves you the odd chocolate! We mainly stayed at the pool that was closest to our room and it was great. Both pools are infinity pools and the views and sunsets are stunning as you look out to sea. The range of drinks available on the all inclusive was fantastic - even non alcoholic cocktails for the kids. The food was brill and I am a fussy eater... the normal buffet selection is there, freshly cooked meat and fish... pancakes for breakfast... For the evening meal there is a children's area that include plastic plates which I thought was great. One morning for breakfast we were greeted with champagne on arrival to the dining room and then found that strawberries were there too!!!! Yes, I said for breakfast! There is also a theme night on top of normal food such as Cuban, Mexican, Italian, Canarian....
It looks like all the rooms have a sea view. As you come out of the hotel using the seaview lift which goes outside the building, you can walk the costal path left or right for beaches. It's a lovely walk with shops, restaurants etc either way. Walk left for more choice. There is no hassle from sellers in this resort and restaurant touts have pleasant banter. It is rare that I want to go back to the same hotel but we didn't want to leave and we'd definately go back again to this hotel. Touring the island is cheap by bus, plenty of excursions and taxi's park outside the hotel too. The only strange bit was you get your all inclusive wrist band but need your room card (which has your name on and you can keep - everybody in the party) to get the drinks - even in the dining room but I was told that it is for their audit purposes to see what the customer likes etc but not a problem at all. I am jealous that you will probably be going before we get to go again!!!! Enjoy!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located between the beaches of Puerto Rico and Amadores, Gloria Palace Amadores Thalasso & Hotel is built on a cliff top and integrated into the landscape, providing spectacular views over the ocean from all parts of the hotel. Built in 2004, the hotel boasts one of Europe's best equipped thalassotherapy centres. In just a few years, the elegant surroundings and top class, friendly service have made it one of the most popular hotels on the Island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Gloria Palace Amadores Thalasso & Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gloria Palace Amadores Thalasso & Hotel Puerto Rico, Gran Canaria
- Gloria Palace Amadores Thalasso And Hotel
- Gloria Palace Amadoresthalasso Hotel
- Gloria Palace Amadoresthalasso Mogan
- Hotel Gloria Palace Amadores
- Amadores Gloria Palace
- Gloria Palace Puerto Rico