Our second visit to the Gloria Palace Amadores, so we knew the ropes. In late January the clientel were our age group so very quiet around the pool. No mad rush for sunbeds in the morning we went down at 9.45 after a relaxed and delicious breakfast and we always managed to find a quiet pair of sunbeds for the day.
Lunchtime most days we stayed at the Pool bar/restaurant where a lighter meal suited us, on one day we did venture to the main restaurant for lunch, where there were far too many tempting meals on offer, that we would have overindulged.
The pool bar staff were friendly and efficient and the Champane Margaritas were great.
Dinner in the restaurant and the selection of fresh and delicious food available would satisfy the fussiest of eaters, our only problem was restraining ourselves and not refilling our plates too many times!
For a relaxing evening drink we settled ourselves down most evenings in the lobby bar, and read the complimentary international newspapers available there, with a nice cocktail or two!
Every room in this hotel has a view of the sea, our room this time in block4 (under the pool) on level 2 which is second from the top had a marvelous unobstructed view, and sitting on the balcony with a nice cup of tea before bed was great. The rooms are large, modern and well maintained, the showers have to be the most powerful I've experienced anywhere in the world, really invigorating after a day sunbathing.
Only downside to our holiday was having to leave, but never mind we are already going back again on the 9th of May for another 11nights, can't wait.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located between the beaches of Puerto Rico and Amadores, Gloria Palace Amadores Thalasso & Hotel is built on a cliff top and integrated into the landscape, providing spectacular views over the ocean from all parts of the hotel. Built in 2004, the hotel boasts one of Europe's best equipped thalassotherapy centres. In just a few years, the elegant surroundings and top class, friendly service have made it one of the most popular hotels on the Island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Priceline, HotelTravel.com and Odigeo so you can book your Gloria Palace Amadores Thalasso & Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gloria Palace Amadores Thalasso & Hotel Puerto Rico, Gran Canaria
- Gloria Palace Amadores Thalasso And Hotel
- Gloria Palace Amadoresthalasso Hotel
- Gloria Palace Amadoresthalasso Mogan
- Hotel Gloria Palace Amadores
- Amadores Gloria Palace
- Gloria Palace Puerto Rico