“Ideal location but overpriced” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Gloria Palace Amadores Thalasso & Hotel

Gloria Palace Amadores Thalasso & Hotel
Ranked #5 of 72 Hotels in Puerto Rico
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
“Ideal location but overpriced”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013 via mobile

My partner and I spotted this place from the promenade from Puerto Rico to Amadores beach on our last holiday and promised we'd go back to check it out. It's location is perfect, especially because of the elevator from the hotel onto the promenade below. The rooms are huge and the hotel itself beautiful, the pool areas are faultless. We stayed half board and I have to say it was disappointing. If I was to go again I'd opt for b&b only. The breakfast buffet is ample but as a vegetarian I found myself at a loss at dinner, it's pretty hard to discern what is or is not suitable for vegetarians and one night I picked up a slice of pizza only to find chicken cooked into the cheese. On top of this they charge for all drinks at dinner, even water, which I found a bit mean. The snack bars and lobby bar are a bit pricey too for those not staying all inclusive and we found ourselves going out for dinner a couple of nights. On top of this, for a hotel that calls itself a thalasso and spa it would be nice if its guests could avail of the most basic spa amenities without a surcharge- €8 to simply use a sauna or visit the gym seems a bit excessive considering what they charge for a room. The evening entertainment was the usual dodgy eagle and acrobatic acts that you'd expect in a 2 star establishment so we couldn't even enjoy a drink or two in the hotel before starting our evening out. All in all I think I was expecting far too much of this place and it simply didn't meet that standard.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Laura B
GLORIA_TH, Public Relations Team at Gloria Palace Amadores Thalasso & Hotel, responded to this review, January 22, 2016
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing GLORIA Palace Amadores Thalasso & Hotel****and the time you have spent sharing your experience on Tripadvisor.

We regret to hear that we could not meet your expectations. We have already taken note of your suggestions regarding the vegetarian food and the entertainment and will pass them trough to the different departments in order to improve them.

However, we are thankful that you mentioned the location so positively.

It would be a pleasure for us to welcome you again on your next holiday in Gran Canaria together with your children. For any further occasion, please don´t hesitate to contact us.

Best regards from Amadores,
Gloria Palace Amadores Thalasso & Hotel ****
Public Relations Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,123)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
London, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

We have just got back from the Gloria Palace Amadores, we would definatly go back to this hotel, it is very clean and has a beautiful layout, The rooms are massive. My toilet light stopped working, they repaired it very quickly. The food is great and always fresh. We stayed half board so we paid for drinks, it would of been worth going all inclusive to cover the cost of the drinks. The only down sides were the pillows were to soft and the sound system ruined the live music acts. If you need anything from the shops it is very easy to get into puerto rico, the hotel shops are exspensive. Al the staff are lovely, they do have a lot of trainees on work experience from other countries but their badges will tell you if they speak english.

Room Tip: Before we booked we read this section and took the advice, we got a room on the third floor of block...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Livvy N
GLORIA_TH, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Gloria Palace Amadores Thalasso & Hotel, responded to this review, January 22, 2016
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing GLORIA Palace Amadores Thalasso & Hotel**** and the time that you have spent sharing your experience on Tripadvisor.

It is a great pleasure that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and that you are especially commenting on the excellent staff and that you recommend the food.

I also want to apologise if found your bed pillows uncomfortable. Our reception team would have gladly given you a new one if you asked. I am also sorry if you found the sound system dissatisfying.

I hope you would like to repeat your experience with us,

Warm Regards,

Limerick, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

We have just returned from a two-week stay in Gloria Palace Amadores, our fourth visit to date and by far the best. It helped that the weather was great but so was the hotel. First impressions are always good as the reception staff are very welcoming and efficient. It takes just a few minutes to check in and, as return visitors, we had no difficulty finding our room which was well posiioned with a panoramic view of the oceon. There are so many attractive features in this hotel - great sense of space in the bedrooms and throughout the hotel, choice of two large pools with plently of sunbathing facilities, easy access to two local beaches, excellent cleaning staff, and a huge choice of food. The choice and quality of food seemed to be better this year than in previous years as all tastes are catered for. We noticed some guests requesting special menues and they were served in person - not what you'd expect in such a busy hotel. It's no coincidence that so many guests return to Gloria Palace year after year - it's a risk-free zone. I'm looking forward to my next visit.

Room Tip: Rooms below the pools have the best view of the sea and no distracting music.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
GLORIAPALACEF, Fidelización de Clientes at Gloria Palace Amadores Thalasso & Hotel, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Dear Guest,

First of all thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.

It is great satisfaction for all the Gloria Palace to have so loyal guests like you that come back to our Hotel once and again.

We are pleased that you are satisfied with your experience and you have had some unforgettable moments.

Once again we would like to thank you for your comments and we hope to see you soon.

Best regards,

Cristian Díaz
Customer Loyalty
Hamar, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

I have been at this hotell 6 times now :-) I like everythig at this resort! The food, the room, the drinks and off cause the thalosso :-) the stuff are nice and helpful :-) I have one thing that I would like to complain on, and that is the smoking outside in the dining room terrasse. Maybe the people who smoke could stay at the small tables when they are smoking? I love the location and the elevator who ends at the plata. I soon come back :-)

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

We hugely appreciate your loyalty and trust for our team and want to thank you for that. Your warm comment is a serious motivation for our collective and we will try to exceed your expectations every time youy pay us a visit.

I also regret that you complained about the smoking on the terrace. From this year the non smoking area outside would be separated.

We hope to see you again,

Sunny Regards,

Newport, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

Just come back after a 2 week stay at The Gloria Palace Amadores. My third stay at this lovely hotel and hopefully "not" my last. The view, rooms, infinity pools, food all high standard but the best is the friendly, can't do enough for you service that you recieve from all the staff. From cleaning, bar staff, restaurant staff everyone has a can do and want to to do attitude. Gloria palace should be very proud of thier hotel and staff. Hope that I can stay again one day as was 2 weeks of bliss. Only one negative is why do people believe that using thier hands instead of the utensils provided is hygenic or acceptable. Help all guests to have a "BUG" free holiday by thinking.

Room Tip: Low level floors are more convieniant if you are travelling with ny ailments but all floors offer a...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank hellen g
GLORIAPALACEF, Fidelización de Clientes at Gloria Palace Amadores Thalasso & Hotel, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your comments with us through Tripadvisor.

It’s a pleasure to hear that you are satisfied with our hotel and you enjoyed your stay in Gloria Palace.

We are happy to know that you liked the infinity pool, rooms and other facilities. Also is nice to hear that our staff was helpful and friendly. We will pass your comments on to our staff. They are very delighted to receive such nice words.

Thank you very much for giving us your feedback about the negative point which we appreciate and take into consideration.

Hoping you will return soon,

Kind regards,

Cristian Díaz
Customer Loyalty
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

We went away with our 8 month old son for the first time and this was the perfect hotel.

My first point would be if you were travelling with children then book a private taxi as it took over an hour (nearer 2- as the bus broke down as well) but still would have taken over an hour to get there and after a 4.5 hr flight we just wanted to be at the hotel!

The food- breakfast lunch and dinner all served in the restaurant was all lovely with so much selection- this was partly the reason I choose this hotel due to the good reviews on the food as this is a big part of a holiday! I preferred the lunch time food to dinner, but for no particular reason I can give. I was anxious about what would my son eat, but he ate really well- from pasta, meats, fresh veg, fish everything! There is a children's buffet selection which is set away from the main part but we didn't use this and I didn't see it getting replenished much.
There was show cooking on all 3 meal times.
I cannot comment on the snack bar as we didn't use it.

There is free wifi in the reception area and we took advantage of this on a morning with a coffee from the bar area with a lovely slice of cake!

The pool area was lovely and clean, we didn't need to get up to reserve sunbeds, but we did take our things up before breakfast so we could get a larger area as had a sun tent for the baby!

The pool bar area has lovely comfy seats under a shaded area- this bar only serves all inc drinks during the day though and not on a night.....which was strange!

It was bout 10 minute walk to the harbour area from the bottom of the lift (which did brake down be night so the buggy had to be carried up the very very steep road and steps!)
And about 20 minute walk to the beach in the other direction.

The room was so big and spacious with a sofa area in, it also had a fridge which came in useful for baby milk!

Any one travelling its babies here are something I wanted to know before I went.
I could not buy cow and gate milk here, so glad i took my own. I gave my son the bottled water from the hotel and he was fine, I was advised to give him Evian but I could only get this from the harbour area so not all the time! There is a. Little chemist in the hotel grounds that do sell nappies and wipes but they were quite expensive I think so we got some extra (as I ran out) from the Spar in the harbour. There was plenty of sun parasols around the pool, but I did take a sun tent too which came in useful!

We didn't see much of the hotel entertainment so can't really comment on it.

Room Tip: All rooms have sea view
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Medleymixture
GLORIA_TH, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Gloria Palace Amadores Thalasso & Hotel, responded to this review, January 23, 2016
Dear Guest,

I am very pleased to read that once again you enjoyed at the hotel and I am also very thankful for your review, especially for the compliments about the staff and the improvements that the Management should be do in order to maintain the standards.

It has been a pleasure to meet you all at the hotel and we are glad to know that you and your family had a good rest,

We hope to see you again in Gloria,

Warm Regards,

Paisley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

I read all the positive reviews on here before going and none were exaggerated. We don't normally stay in hotels usually taking a villa or apartment but for a change this year booked all inclusive at Gloria Palace. What a good decision that turned out to be we had a fabulous time from the moment we checked in until leaving on our last day. At check in we were greeted with friendly staff and a glass of cava and shortly after arriving in our a room a bottle of chilled cava arrived. The room was spacious and very clean with nice balcony and wonderful sea view. The ensuite was large and well appointed. Food in the hotel was excellent with great choices everyday plus a different theme night each day. (Italian, British,Cuban, Mexican, Scandinavian, Canarian & Spanish during our stay) excellent choice at breakfast and lunch as well. Although the dining room could be noisy we had our lunches and dinners on the terrace where we were well looked after by excellent staff. The hotel is well appointed throughout with 2 great pools both with own bar and again excellent staff we did not use the spa facilities as the weather was so good we stayed outdoors. The hotel is well situated only 5/10 minute walk away from beaches of Amadores & Puerto Rico with a lovely walkway joining them both , also accessible by lift from the hotel. Overall we had a fantastic time and will definitely be going back. The highlight being the staff service throughout the hotel which was excellent at ALL times.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Ian J
Dear Guest,

Our main goal is customer’s satisfaction. Your review means an encouragement for all our team to improve our service day by day.

We appreciate your review and are glad that apart from the noise issue in the restaurant mentioned above everything else was fine.

We hope to see you next time,

Sunny Regards,

Cordial Mogan Playa
#1 of 2 in Puerto de Mogan
4.5 of 5 stars 3,572 reviews
Seaside Grand Hotel Residencia

Been to Gloria Palace Amadores Thalasso & Hotel? Share your experiences!