My wife and I stayed from 11 to 18 March and had a great break. From the first greeting at reception to the departing huggs we had a very good experience and relaxing break. All staff were amazing we did not see one unhappy face amonst the staff and they were always on hand to help and/or serve.
On arrival in our room the patio door handle screws were loose. Within 5 minutes we received a courtesy call from reception and we reported the problem. The bell boy brought our bags just afterwards and again mentioned the patio door. After popping out to look round the hotel the screws had been tighened, what good service.
We were originally given the 8.30pm dinner time slot on the first night, and easily changed this for 6.30 for the rest of the holiday. We also ate dinner 4 times in the restaurant by the pool bar with 3 different themes over the week. This restaurant was under used and we were surprised that not many people used this alternative meal opportunity. In the main resaurant like other reports there were large numbers waiting to start the 'feeding frenzy' we waited 15 to 20 minutes and avoided the large numbers eager to get fed. The seating arrangement for the evening meal was cramped but we were able to negotiate a table for 2 away from the longer sets of tables for larger groups. The food for all meals was extremely good quality with plenty of choice. The only down side was the poor quality and taste of the coffee and wines. However the available cava and G and Ts made up for this.
We had no problems with the lifts being on the 3rd floor and found that they were readily available and did not have to wait long at any time.
The rooms as all the hotel was very clean and well maintained for a well used and older property.
The hotel being on top of a cliff does require strong legs if you wish to walk down to Amadores Beach or Puerto Rico and back. We walked down but used the hotel hospitality bus to return or a taxi (4 euro from Puerto Rico and just over 2 from Amadores). The benefit of the hotel location was the sea fantastic views.
We had great weather and a joy to miss the winter for a few days.
A highlight was the Exclusive VIP MPV tour of the mountains of the island. This was well organised and gave a wonderful day exploring the beautiful island away from the tourist areas.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Set on a cliff overlooking the sea * 9-story building * 900 m to the beach * Complimentary bus service to the beach * 2 km from Puerto Rico * 900 m from various shops * 45 km from the airport * 100 m from a bus stop * Credit cards accepted: MasterCard, Visa, Diners ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your ClubHotel Riu Vistamar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- ClubHotel Riu Vistamar Puerto Rico, Gran Canaria
- Club Hotel Riu Vistamar
- Clubhotel Riu Vistamar Hotel