Just returned from a lovely holiday at riu vistamar - did a lot of research before we went and knew about the location of this hotel. It has spectacular views out to sea but as we had rooms on the first floor (requested 5th floor rooms but didn't get one) this view was slightly obscured by netting - this was not really a great issue as we don't spend much time in our rooms. Have travelled to many all-inclusive hotels over the last 10 years or so and this has to be one of the
best overall. Quality of food is brilliant and so much choice and was glad to see that not too many chicken dishes. We requested the 2nd sitting for dinner but on arrival we were allocated the 1st sitting - this could have been changed if we wanted but decided to stick with the 1st sitting which was 6.30pm - to be fair this was just a bit too early for us so we tended to go for dinner around 7.30pm which was fine. You are allocated a table and this is your table for the remainder of your stay. Not too sure if i was that keen on this system as my husband and i were wedged between 2 quite unfriendly couples - but as we ate a bit later they were nearly finished their dinner by the time we arrived. The snack bar at the pool was of high quality too with the usual pizza, burgers, pasta, salad etc - plenty of choice and a good selection of salads. Quality of drinks again of high standard and branded gin, vodka, whiskey etc widely available.
The entertainment was one of the best we have encountered at an all inclusive hotel. The entertainment reps were absolutely brilliant and their shows were of a professional standard - there was also a Michael Jackson tribute who was excellent, a 70's tribute band who were ok and another few acts which were of high standard. We also had the usual mini disco which again was good and the kids absolutely loved it - all the reps put all their energy into making the kids have a ball.
The staff were very friendly and the hotel kept spotlessly clean - the rooms were a bit dated and could have done with a revamp but as i don't spend much time in my room this was not an issue.
My only quibble with this hotel is that breakfast didn't start until 8am and as my husband is an early riser he could not get a cup of tea or coffee until breakfast started - most hotels we have visited in the past have breakfast from 7am - also the all inclusive did not start until 10.30am and again I felt this was a bit late as we were usually at the pool by about 9am and could only get water until 10.30!!!!!
Would definitely return to this hotel as we had a great time and weather was brill.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Set on a cliff overlooking the sea * 9-story building * 900 m to the beach * Complimentary bus service to the beach * 2 km from Puerto Rico * 900 m from various shops * 45 km from the airport * 100 m from a bus stop * Credit cards accepted: MasterCard, Amex, Visa, Diners ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Travelocity, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Jetsetter so you can book your ClubHotel Riu Vistamar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- ClubHotel Riu Vistamar Puerto Rico, Gran Canaria
- Club Hotel Riu Vistamar
- Clubhotel Riu Vistamar Hotel