Not long back from a week in Gran Canaria. Lovely hotel, apartments were really nice. Very clean. The views were fantastic. We went all inclusive and the food was really good. Lots of variety. Although there are a few bars and shops withn a short walking distance, there was not alot to do unless you went into Puerto Rico itself but I wouldnt recommend walking as its at the top of a very steep hill! Well worth looking into hiring a car or getting to grips with the bus timetable as taxis can be expensive if you want to go further out.
Entertainment was not geared to English clientelle - ALOT of Scandinavians so it was all about them. Found the guests quite rude but the staff were really friendly. Wouldnt go again in January/February time as a result but will definitely return later in the year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This emblematic Hotel is located in the high area of Puerto Rico Gran Canaria, it offers 257 fully rebuilt Apartments with wide terrace and impressive views to the sea. We also offer a great variety of services and great equipment for all kind of guest (families, couples, groups, etc...). All that you may require to enjoy an unforgettable holiday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotwire, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Orbitz, Travelocity and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hotel Altamar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Altamar Aparthotel Hotel Puerto Rico
- Hotel Altamar Puerto Rico, Gran Canaria