First of all you should ignore all reviews until october because hotel has a new owner now and major improvemens are seen. Hotel is in really beautiful location and better than we expected.
Majority of the guests are old people, so if you are in your 20's there are little chances to meet someone of your age.
Our advice is to book sea view room if you want to drink your morning coffee looking to the ocean. Rooms are spacious, cleaned almost everyday. We found that interesting that housekeeping doesnt take tips - if u leave some euros on the corner of a bed, u will find your money put on the table. Rooms are without air conditioning, but its enough to open the balcony or window. During our vacation we didnt even think about temperature in our room being to hot or too cold.
One weird thing caught our attention - paying for TV. On every TV set there is a card slot. You may buy this card at the reception. Our TV worked without any card. Maybe because of All Inclusive - its still a mistery.
Hotel is still under construction. The upper floor above us was being renewed.
Be aware there are few free toiletries (two soaps, and 4 pacs of shower gel) so u should bring your own. Dont forget your towels because there are no towel booths, so u need to use your towel from the room.
Soft drinks (colas, juices, beer, wine) at the bar is self-service which is great!
There are large variety of food everyday for every taste! Unfortunately, no coffee maschines at lunch and dinner time :(
Animation team was a dissapointment. they just keep wandering arround the pool showing no activity. Evening shows are poor, so you should plan your evenings in town.
One of the main minuses of this hotel is transportation. Our advice is to arrange free hourly transfers to the city center because its a huge task to get there by 700 little steps down the mountain. Or you may take a taxi, that is 3,50 euros. We could have booked 5* hotel for the price we've spent on transportation.
(+) Beatuful scenery.
Really friendly staff.
Shopping center and car rental nearby.
Adult pool area without noise.
Self-service of soft drinks.
(-) No free WiFi.
Poor animation team.
Many old people.
No more small jacuzzis in adult area, they left just one big jacuzzi but its not heated, and water is freezing.
overall the hotel is really good. Are we going back there? Probably not just because the minuses I've mentioned in my review.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Servatur Puerto Azul hotel, with a 3 star category, is located between the beaches of Amadores and Puerto Rico. Built on a cliff top, with a privileged situation over the ocean, providing spectacular views. Servatur Puerto Azul provides 385 units, totally equipped, as well as different bars and a restaurant where you can enjoy international and canarian cuisine. Servatur Puerto Azul has two swimming pools (one heated during winter months), large sun lounge with complimentary sun beds and sunshades, a relaxation area with jacuzzi, gardens, sport areas and children playgrounds. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Priceline, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Servatur Puerto Azul reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Servatur Aparthotel Puerto Azul Hotel Puerto Rico
- Puerto Azul Aparthotel Rico
- Puerto Azul Gran Canaria
- Puerto Azul Aparthotel Hotel Rico
- Servatur Puerto Azul Puerto Rico, Gran Canaria