Having read the very mixed reviews, like many, we were apprehensive before arriving to say the least! Well, we breathed a HUGE sigh of relief when we got there.... For us the plus points:
- Views over the sea from our terrace = amazing - could watch the sunset each night while we ate and drank dinner.
- Apartment clean and spacious for 3 people sharing,
- Pool area big and quiet on the first day (although was noisier and busier with kids on other days)
-Adult only area an absolute blessing when the pool did get a little over-run with kids (great fun for families I'm sure but as childless twentysomethings we preferred the peace and quiet!) -although shame there was no pool in this area
- Within reasonable walking distance (if you are active and don't mind 700 steps and a bit of a coastal path!) from a lovely beach in Amadores.
-Staff helpful with various requests - even lent us towels on the last day so we could spend our last hours by the pool post check-out.
-Personally Puerto Rico doesn't do much for me as an area. Masopalomas looked like a nicer area when we went through on the bus. Restaurants all serving similar bland pizza & pasta and nightlife a bit dreary out of season. We preferred the company of friends our terrace overlooking the sea!
- We were self-catered and I am pleased we made this decision as the buffet at lunchtime did not look massively appealing to us to be honest.
- No air con - we knew this was the case but were surprised how hot it got even at night in October. But we just had doors and windows open and fan on and it wasn't too bad.
-Pool not always the cleanest looking but then when you've got that many people in and out all wearing suncream and oils etc that's to be expected I suppose.
Overall it's clearly a budget option so you can't ever expect too much but at the end of the day it had everything we wanted - terrace with a sew view, big pool, walkable (or cheap taxi) to beach.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Servatur Puerto Azul hotel, with a 3 star category, is located between the beaches of Amadores and Puerto Rico. Built on a cliff top, with a privileged situation over the ocean, providing spectacular views. Servatur Puerto Azul provides 385 units, totally equipped, as well as different bars and a restaurant where you can enjoy international and canarian cuisine. Servatur Puerto Azul has two swimming pools (one heated during winter months), large sun lounge with complimentary sun beds and sunshades, a relaxation area with jacuzzi, gardens, sport areas and children playgrounds. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, getaroom.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Orbitz so you can book your Servatur Puerto Azul reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Servatur Aparthotel Puerto Azul Hotel Puerto Rico
- Puerto Azul Aparthotel Rico
- Puerto Azul Gran Canaria
- Puerto Azul Aparthotel Hotel Rico
- Servatur Puerto Azul Puerto Rico, Gran Canaria